Cubs | Chicago Cubs suffer all-around bad day in loss to Nationals
The Chicago Cubs failed in several situations Saturday as they fell 7-2 to the Washington Nationals at Wrigley Field. The Nationals have won the first two games of the three-game series.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Bears play a mixed bag in game overshadowed by Luck shockerThe biggest problem with analyzing NFL exhibition games is that while the drop off from first to second stringers in the NFL is significant, the gap between key backups and third and fourth stringers is huge.
Bears | Retirement of Colts' Luck shocks NFLIndianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck shocks the NFL world with the announced Saturday night of his retirement from the game.
White Sox | Rangers' Allard shuts down Chicago White SoxThe Chicago White Sox had trouble figuring out Texas Rangers starting pitcher Koby Allard in a 4-0 loss Saturday night at Guaranteed Rate Field.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Maddon has thoughts on uniformsChicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon is not a big fan of the Players Weekend uniforms the Cubs are wearing.
White Sox | Jimenez back in lineup after two games outEloy Jimenez returned to the Chicago White Sox's lineup Saturday after missing two games with hip soreness. The 22-year-old slugger was the designated hitter and batted fifth. He finished 1-for-4.
News | Barrington man ready to swim through Atlantic currents, possibly sharks to help ALS researchBarrington resident Doug McConnell is prepared to navigate through strong currents and possibly sharks for what could be the first Atlantic Ocean swim on a specific route between Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard to raise money to help ALS patients.
Sports | Uchman's Arlington selections for Sunday's racesHere is today's link to Daily Herald handicapper Ron Uchman's selections for thoroughbred racing at Arlington International on Sunday, Aug. 25, plus Joe Mazzone's picks for harness racing at Hawthorne.
NFL | Garoppolo shines in 27-17 win over Mahomes, ChiefsSan Francisco quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was impressive in his return to Arrowhead Stadium, and Chiefs counterpart Patrick Mahomes may have been even better, as the 49ers beat Kansas City 27-17 in their third preseason game
Cubs | Washington brings 4-game win streak into matchup against ChicagoWashington will try to keep its four-game win streak alive when the Nationals take on Chicago
White Sox | White Sox, streaking Sanchez set for matchup with RangersChicago's Sanchez puts 11-game hit streak on the line against Rangers
- 10:08 AMCollege football's friendly face: Tigers' Swinney out front
- 9:08 AMOft-injured Colts QB Andrew Luck, 29, announces retirement
- 8:18 AMWilson leads 2 TD drives as Seahawks defeat Chargers 23-15
- 3:02 AMByrd's 4 TD night leads Hawaii past Arizona 45-38
- 2:21 AMBuchholz, Blue Jays to face Gonzales, Mariners
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Talented Hersey has great expectations
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: No shortage of good teams in DuPage County
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Preseason Top 20
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Young St. Viator hoping to improve
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: MSL West co-champs Barrington, Fremd have new look this season
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Versatility will be key for Tarcha, Carmel Catholic
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: St. Viator's Taylor, 40 years in, still having fun
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Montini looks to take next step
- Prep FootballScouting the Prospect Knights
- Prep FootballScouting the Maine South Hawks
- Prep FootballScouting the Maine East Blue Demons
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Saturday, August 24