Columns | O'Donnell: Weber recalls 'fairy tale' of Illini's 2005 Elite Eight win
Jim O'Donnell: Bruce Weber fondly recalls Illini win over Arizona in 2005 NCAA tournament in Rosemont.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | MLB owners, players in agreement on several key points -- should 2020 season happenMajor-league owners and players reportedly are in agreement on several key issues in the event there is a regular season this year.
Columns | To draft or to delay, that is the question facing the NFLThe NFL still says it's planning to hold some kind of Draft as scheduled in late April. But even though free agency can go on basically uninterrupted during the coronavirus pandemic, the Draft is a different beast, and reportedly the league's general managers are lobbying for a delay.
College Sports | Illini coach Smith willing to settle for video workoutsIllinois football coach Lovie Smith appreciates his players using creative ways to stay in shape while they're waiting out the coronavirus break. Smith said he's even thrown in a personal pushup challenge via video.
Sports | What is your favorite high school gym/stadium?Our columnists and writers share their favorite high-school venues
Columns | Rozner: Nats GM Rizzo pays tribute to late father, Chicago rootsNationals boss Mike Rizzo remembers his late father, and always his Chicago roots.
Bears | Fantasy Football: Bright, sunshiny days ahead for Allen RobinsonAllen Robinson was putting up stellar numbers with a less-than-stellar quarterback. Soon he'll be in the prime of his career and likely working with a Super Bowl winner.
Bears | A few more thoughts on Germain IfediGermain Ifedi became the Bears' latest former first-round reclamation project Wednesday. Don't expect him to be the savior of their offensive line.
Sports | DuPage County postpones trout season openingThe spring rainbow trout season opener, originally scheduled for April 4, has been postponed indefinitely at three DuPage Forest Preserve District lakes in keeping with the governor's stay-at-home order.
Columns | Geneva's second Hart Stopper an impossible act to beatTaking a look back at Geneva's girls basketball team's 2018 state championship win over Montini.
Columns | Rogers or Dugalic? Both have a case for being the bestWho was the best girls basketball player in Illinois this season? Our experts make the case for Lake Park senior Darrione Rogers and Maine West's Angela Dugalic.
- Girls' BasketballRogers or Dugalic? Both have a case for being the best
- Girls' BasketballGeneva's second Hart Stopper an impossible act to beat
- Girls' BasketballGeneva repeated the feat with thriller against Montini
- Boys' BasketballHow Elgin stunned nationally-ranked LaLumiere of Indiana in 2011
- Prep SportsHow local athletes are staying in shape until, and if, spring sports resume
- Prep SportsIHSA's Anderson updates schools on the state of spring sports
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove-Meadows game provided an electric atmosphere
- Boys' BasketballMeadows' double-overtime classic win over Buffalo Grove was exhilarating
- Boys' BasketballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep FootballLake Park's Roll speaks out about his firing as coach
- Girls' BasketballBenet's Doyle left her mark on Iowa
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep SportsBaseball: Wauconda graduates Mascheri and Malisheski helping each other reach lofty goals
- Prep SportsLocal elite athletes' quest for records put on hold
- Prep FootballMontini downed Joliet Catholic in record-setting 2011 Class 5A title game