Bears | Report: Bears hire Matt Eberflus as head coach
The Bears are working out a deal to make Matt Eberflus the 17th head coach in team history, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Who will be the OC for new Bears coach Matt Eberflus? Here are 13 optionsWith a defensive-focused head coach taking the reigns, who he hires for offensive coordinator might be the most important decision he makes for the team's future. Whoever becomes the next offensive coordinator will be tasked with fixing a broken offense that needs to be more productive with second-year quarterback Justin Fields.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Lesson No. 1 for Ryan Poles -- always stay ahead of the posse at Halas HallJim O'Donnell: A few helpful hints for new Bears general manager Ryan Poles.
Bulls | Technical analysis carries DeRozan, Bulls past TorontoThe Bulls survived a technical-foul filled contest with Toronto, pulling out a 111-105 victory on Wednesday at the United Center thanks to 29 points from former Raptor DeMar DeRozan.
News | A sneak peek at jumpers taking to the skies ahead of this weekend's Norge Ski Club tournamentSuburban winter sports fans can get a head start on the Olympics this weekend as the Norge Ski Club holds its 117th annual Winter Ski Jump Tournament in Fox River Grove. After being limited to 1,000 people last year, organizers expect 6,000 to 8,000 visitors to descend on the village this weekend to watch the jumpers.
Blackhawks | Strome scores hat trick, Blackhawks beat Red Wings 8-5Strome had a career night in Detroit.
Columns | Could a 10-minute break fix football's overtime rules problems?John Dietz gives his thoughts on the NFL and college football overtime rules.
Bulls | Will DeRozan, LaVine both be all-star starters for the Bulls?DeMar DeRozan had a huge lead in the all-star voting when the most recent returns were released. He'll find out if he and Zach LaVine will both be starters when the announcement is made Thursday.
Pro Sports | 49ers trust RMHS grad Garoppolo 'because we keep winning'Jimmy Garoppolo's playoff performance is all anyone would need to understand the decisions the San Francisco 49ers made last offseason at quarterback.
Blackhawks | Wirtz: Blackhawks to hire GM before March 21 trade deadlineChicago Blackhawks CEO Danny Wirtz released a statement updating fans and media on the team's search for a new general manager. Said Wirtz: "We are looking to hire the best strategic mind who can build and develop a Hockey Operations leadership team that will be best in class across professional sports."
Girls' Basketball | Girls basketball: AP Top TenHere are the Associated Press girls prep basketball polls with rank, team, first-place votes, record and total points.
Boys' Basketball | Boys basketball: AP Top TenHere are the Associated Press boys prep basketball polls with rank, team, first-place votes, record and total points.
- 6:51 PMBroncos hire Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett as their new coach
- 6:47 PMCONMEBOL president says 'no chance' of biennial World Cups
- 6:44 PMChristine Sinclair re-signs with Portland Thorns
- 6:39 PMBrian Flores talks to Giants about vacant head coaching job
- 6:34 PMLA's LeBron James sits out vs 76ers with sore left knee
- Girls' BasketballProspect wins thriller on Reizer's buzzer-beater
- Boys' BasketballLakes' winning ways in NLCC continue
- Boys' BasketballMaine South's Lavorato joins his Dad in 400-win club
- Prep SportsBoys bowling: Daily Herald area qualifiers for state
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: AP Top Ten
- Girls' BasketballGirls basketball: AP Top Ten
- Girls' BasketballPalatine picks up MSL West win over Conant
- Girls' BasketballStreaking St. Edward shoots to top of Metro Suburban
- Prep WrestlingUnbeaten Yorkville bests Batavia
- Girls' BasketballIBCA launches 30 most impactful men, women in basketball project
- Girls' BasketballMaine South's Pape scores 41 to beat Willowbrook
- Girls' BasketballSouth Elgin's pressure rattles Glenbard South
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central wins physical game over Dundee-Crown
- Boys' BasketballLarkin pulls away from Fenton in second half
- NewsMartinelli block with 3 seconds left secures Titans win over Simeon