Bears | Dietz: Seven things Bears need to do in first preseason game against Chiefs
The preseason games are important for the Bears because they are still trying to learn a new offense and defense. Here's what John Dietz would like to see against the Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Kopech's 6 no-hit innings lift White Sox to win over TigersStarting pitcher Michael Kopech pitched 6 no-hit innings and struck out a career-high 11 Friday night in the White Sox's 2-0 win over the Tigers at Guaranteed Rate Field.
Cubs | Will Cubs make room for hot-hitting Mervis?The Cubs have done a ncie job of building up their minor-league system. But it's interesting that their most productive player in the minors, Iowa first baseman Matt Mervis, is gernerally not included on the lists of Cubs' top prospects.
Columns | Lincicome: Baseball in a cornfield? Corny. But imagine life without America's national pastimeEven as sports seasons have piled upon top of each other like discarded laundry, baseball keeps its order, the best reason to be outdoors in spring, summer and fall.
MLB | Padres star Tatis suspended 80 games for positive drug testSan Diego Padres star Fernando Tatis Jr. was suspended 80 games by Major League Baseball on Friday after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance. The penalty was effective immediately, meaning the All-Star shortstop cannot play in the majors this year.
Columns | O'Donnell: August 'Ins' begin with plea for Jerry Rich to ashcan LIV Golf at Rich Harvest FarmsJerry Rich has made an error, which does not become a mistake until mangy Saudi golf lickspittle like Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson tee off at his opulent spread.
White Sox | La Russa addresses White Sox's hustle issuesThe White Sox have been criticized for lacking hustle throughout the season, but manager Tony La Russa said multiple players are not running hard all the time because they're trying to protect their legs.
NFL | More Black NFL retirees win dementia cases in rescored testsTwo years after a pair of former players sued the NFL over the treatment of Black retirees in the league's $1 billion concussion settlement, hundreds of men whose medical tests were rescored to eliminate race bias now qualify for awards.
Special Report | Italian beef at Churchill Downs? 'Chicago-style' Arlington Million is back, but in KentuckyWith Chicago-style hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches on the menu, Churchill Downs Inc. is reprising Arlington Million Day this Saturday at its namesake racetrack in Kentucky -- a year after it held the last one at Arlington Park.
Blackhawks | 'It was a helluva run and I'm proud': Olczyk officially inks broadcast deal with SeattleAn 'O' so sad day: Former Chicago Blackhawks color commentator Eddie Olczyk officially joins Seattle Kraken's team. "I went through it a million times, and here we are," Olczyk said. "Just couldn't come to an agreement."
Pro Sports | Copper leads Chicago against Phoenix after 28-point performanceChicago plays the Phoenix Mercury after Kahleah Copper scored 28 points in the Sky's 89-78 loss to the Las Vegas Aces
White Sox | Tigers head into matchup with the White Sox on losing streakThe Detroit Tigers come into the matchup against the Chicago White Sox as losers of five straight games
- 10:57 AMAP source: Jets' Wilson out 2-4 weeks with knee injury
- 10:55 AMHertha fans sing despite only drawing with Frankfurt 1-1
- 9:37 AMUS winger De la Fuente to Olympiakos on loan from Marseille
- 9:00 AMThis Date in Baseball: Bob Gibson pitched a no-hitter.
- 8:53 AMScouting the DuPage County and Fox area boys golf season
- Prep SportsScouting the DuPage County and Fox area boys golf season
- Prep SportsScouting the Cook and Lake County boys golf season
- Prep SportsScouting Cook and Lake County girls golf season
- Prep SportsScouting the Fox and DuPage County girls golf season
- Prep FootballScouting the KRC/I8 White
- Prep Football'I am just so ready to play again': Prep football season starts in the suburbs
- Prep FootballGlenbard West eyes return to glory
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Minnesota
- Prep FootballHuntley looks to bounce back
- Prep SportsHigh school basketball game the spark for Radtke's career
- Prep FootballWheaton North enters 2022 season with target on its back
- Prep FootballAlum Possley takes over at St. Charles East
- Prep FootballCarlson, Kaneland set to take next step
- Prep FootballGerke's role expanding at Batavia
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time