Cubs | Chicago Cubs falter in 6-3 loss to Reds
Chicago Cubs president Theo Epstein was happy with his team's weekend sweep of the Pirates, but he wasn't getting head-over-heels giddy just yet.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Cease has had time to rest, reflect and adjust before second start for White SoxDylan Cease showed plenty of potential during his first major-league start for the Chicago White Sox. That was back on July 3, and Cease is set for his second start Tuesday night at Kansas City.
Columns | Rozner: Luke Donald searching for spot at MedinahWith a few events remaining, Northwestern's Luke Donald is hoping to play his way to Medinah for the BMW Championship.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs trying to figure out how to factor in ZobristThe absence of veteran infielder-outfielder Ben Zobrist may affect the Chicago Cubs' plans heading to the July 31 trading deadline.
Columns | Rozner: Henley rediscovers magic with 61 at John DeereWith a lot on his plate these days, Russell Henley has been distracted, but his final round 61 at the John Deere on Sunday was a reminder of what's possible.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Contreras on injured list, Montgomery tradedThe Chicago Cubs will place all-star catcher Willson Contreras on the injured list with a foot injury. They obtained catcher Martin Maldonado from the Kansas City Royals for pitcher Mike Montgomery.
Blackhawks | Nylander hoping to make most of opportunity with Chicago BlackhawksAlexander Nylander is trying to prove to the Chicago Blackhawks that they made the right choice in acquiring him from Buffalo for Henri Jokiharju. Nylander's first step is participating in development camp this week at Fifth Third Arena. Said Nylander: "I thought it was a great opportunity for me to come here (and) show what I've done in training through the summer, and I can get even better toward training camp."
Columns | Frittelli wins John Deere Classic for first Tour titleDylan Frittelli used a final-round 64 to claim a two-stroke victory at TPC Deere Run.
Blackhawks | Camp offers peek at Chicago Blackhawks' futureWe're still two months away from Chicago Blackhawks training camp, but fans who want to get a look at the future will have five chances to do so this week as the team holds its development camp at Fifth Third Arena.
Pro Sports | Trio of first-timers headline WNBA All-Star reservesDiamond DeShields, Erica Wheeler and Odyssey Sims will be making their All-Star debuts as the trio was selected for the game in Las Vegas later this month
NFL | 49ers sign K Robbie Gould to 4-year contractThe San Francisco 49ers have signed kicker Robbie Gould to a four-year contract
- 2:20 AMDeSclafani, Reds to take on Mills, Cubs
- 2:20 AMSabathia scheduled to start as New York hosts Tampa Bay
- 2:20 AMMariners take 4-game slide into matchup with Athletics
- 2:20 AMPlesac expected to start for Cleveland against Detroit
- 2:20 AMKansas City plays Chicago, aims to build on Junis' strong showing
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more