Cubs | Former Chicago Cubs closer Lee Smith ready for his big day
Former Chicago Cubs closer Lee Smith has been walking on Cloud 9 since being elected to the Hall of Fame last December. Smith will be formally inducted Sunday in Cooperstown, New York.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Can Adam Boqvist force his way onto Blackhawks this season?A year after Adam Boqvist wowed coaches and teammates during Chicago Blackhawks training camp, it's fair to wonder if the young defenseman might make the team out of camp in October.
Bulls | Chicago Bulls sign Harrison, KornetThe Chicago Bulls have signed guard Shaquille Harrison and center Luke Kornet, the team announced Thursday.
White Sox | Royals hold off White Sox 6-5 to sweep 4-game seriesThe White Sox have lost seven in a row since coming back from the All-Star break and dropped a season-worst nine games under .500.
MLB | A look at players to be inducted into Baseball Hall of FameA look at players to be inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame.
Pro Sports | Cougars ride Deuces to series winThe Kane County Cougars (53-42, 18-8) blanked the Bowling Green Hot Rods (56-40, 17-9) and used three two-run rallies to win 6-0 on Thursday night at Northwestern Medicine Field in front of 8,973 fans.
Pro Sports | Bandits return home with winAfter a road trip during which they lost four of seven, the Bandits were eager to get back on their home turf Thursday night. Chicago responded with a run-rule victory, pulling away with eight runs in the final three innings to post a 10-2, six-inning win over the Aussie Peppers in the opener of a three-game series.
Pro Sports | Boomers split at River CityThe Schaumburg Boomers rallied to an extra-inning win in the second game to split an abbreviated two-game series with the River City Rascals on the road.
Pro Sports | Uchman's Arlington selections for Friday's racesHere is today's link to Daily Herald handicapper Ron Uchman's selections for thoroughbred racing at Arlington International on Friday, plus Joe Mazzone's picks for harness racing at Hawthorne.
White Sox | Scouting reportOff to an 0-7 start on a road trip coming out of the all-star break, the Chicago White Sox wrap it up with three games vs. the Rays at Tampa Bay.
Sports | Scouting report: Cubs vs. San Diego PadresThe Chicago Cubs close out their homestand with a three-game weekend series against the San Diego Padres.
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more