Columns | Lincicome: It's about the quarterback, stupid. Now, can the Bears coaches make Fields better
Believing that Eberflus/Getsky/Janocko will make Fields better than he can be is like believing that Ditka had anything to do with Jim McMahon becoming, maybe, the second best quarterback the Bears have ever had.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Cubs relievers shut off wind, BrewersChristopher Morel hit a go-ahead 2-run homer in the sixth and the bullpen shut the door on a windy day, giving the Cubs an 8-7 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday at Wrigley Field.
Bears | 3 Bears who helped their cause against Seahawks, and 3 who didn'tNFL teams will have to cut their rosters down to 80 players by Tuesday, and then to 53 by Aug. 30. Here are three Bears players who helped their cause to make the team (or earn a starting spot), and three players who didn't, during Thursday's game.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Right now, Matt Eberflus is one up on Vince LombardiPackers legendary coach Vince Lombardi started his career 1-1 in the NFL preseason. New Bears coach Matt Eberflus is now 2-0. Amid the fog of transition, for Bears fans grasping at any reason to believe, it's a hopeful start.
Sports | Kobe Bryant's widow says crash photos turned grief to horrorVanessa Bryant testified Friday that she was only beginning to grieve the loss of her husband, basketball star Kobe Bryant, and their 13-year-old daughter Gianna when she was faced with the fresh horror of learning that sheriff's deputies and firefighters had shot and shared photos of their bodies at the site of the helicopter crash that killed them.
News | Grayslake man bicycles his way into Guinness World Records for most states in 24 hoursBlake Hunter of Grayslake recently was confirmed to be the Guinness World Record holder for the most states visited by bicycle in 24 hours. He started in New York, rode through Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Connecticut, and ended in Rhode Island.
Prep Football | 2022 season preview: Scouting the Upstate Eight ConferenceHere's our look at what to expect in the Upstate Eight Conference.
Sports | Braves OF Ozuna facing more legal woes following DUI arrestAtlanta Braves outfielder Marcell Ozuna was arrested early Friday morning and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
Bears | One possession speaks volumes for Bears TE Cole KmetQB Justin Fields targeted Kmet on each of the first two plays.
White Sox | White Sox continue playing waiting game with injured RobertLuis Robert (wrist) was held out of the starting lineup for the sixth straight game on Thursday. The White Sox are hoping the center fielder is back on the field this weekend in Cleveland.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks sign University of Denver forward Guttman to two-year dealThe Blackhawks have signed forward Cole Guttman to a two-year deal, the team announced Thursday.
Pro Sports | Source: CBS extends Champions League deal for $250M a yearThe Champions League is staying on CBS in the United States for six more years
- 6:57 PMMercury's Shey Peddy out for season with ruptured Achilles
- 5:57 PMMATCHDAY: Arsenal goes for 3rd win; Madrid visits Celta
- 5:52 PMMorel, Wisdom homer, Cubs top Brewers for 4th straight win
- 5:29 PMDaniil Medvedev rounding into form in time as US Open looms
- 5:27 PMWhite Sox add veteran SS Andrus with star Anderson injured
- Prep Football2022 season preview: Scouting the Upstate Eight Conference
- Prep Football2022 season preview: Scouting the West Suburban Conference
- Prep Football2022 season preview: Scouting the North Suburban Conference
- Prep FootballScouting the DuKane Conference
- Prep Football2022 season preview: Scouting the Fox Valley Conference
- Lake VillaLakes' new head coach will have experienced offense assistant
- Prep FootballScouting the Southwest Prairie Conference
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Batavia, Geneva team up to win McChesney Cup
- Prep FootballScouting the MSL West
- Prep FootballScouting the DuPage Valley
- WaucondaWauconda grabs hometown advantage with Prostka
- Prep FootballScouting the MSL East
- Prep SportsScouting the Fox and DuPage County girls golf season
- GrayslakeGrayslake North's Johnson went full-circle with area coaching legend
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Minnesota