Blackhawks | Prospect Lukas Reichel understands Hawks' long-range plan -- one that has worked well for others in the past
Lukas Reichel has struggled since the Chicago Blackhawks sent him back to Rockford on Jan. 13, but the 20-year-old is doing his best to be patient. "They have a plan and they stick to it," Reichel said.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | 2022 Bears report card: Tight end: Kmet started slow but finished hotBears tight end and Lake Barrington native Cole Kmet had a slow start to the 2022 season, but so did the entire Bears passing game. He wound up finishing as the team's leader in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.
Blackhawks | Former Blackhawks great Bobby Hull dies at 84Bobby Hull, the Blackhawks' all-time leading goal scorer, died Monday morning. "Bobby Hull will always be remembered as one of the greatest Blackhawks players of all time," Hawks owner Rocky Wirtz said in a statement. "He was a beloved member of the Blackhawks family." John Dietz with the full story:
Bulls | Message received: Williams taking Bulls' teammates advice to shoot morePatrick Williams has gotten used to teammates telling him to shoot the ball and be more aggressive. It happened in a more public setting Saturday when a microphone caught Zach LaVine react in disbelief when Williams passed the ball instead of shooting in against Orlando.
Bears | 2022 Bears report card: Wide receiverThe Bears didn't have much of a receiving unit outside of Darnell Mooney. That was painfully apparent on the field. Bears General Manager Ryan Poles more or less admitted as much when he traded for receiver Chase Claypool at the trade deadline.
Cubs | Former Cubs sparkplug Dexter Fowler retiresDexter Fowler, a key cog on the Cubs' 2106 World Series championship team, announced his retirement on Tuesday. The 36-year-old outfielder played 14 seasons with the Rockies, Astros, Cubs, Cardinals and Angels.
Boys' Basketball | Boys basketball: Top 20Benet, Rolling Meadows and Hinsdale Central are the top three teams in this week's Daily Herald's boys basketball Top 20.
Girls' Basketball | Girls basketball: Top 20Fremd, Montini and Geneva are the top three teams in this week's Daily Herald's girls basketball Top 20.
Girls' Basketball | Huntley erases Hampshire's early lead, stays perfect in FVCHuntley hasn't trailed much in Fox Valley Conference games this season but found itself down early against a Hampshire team determined to hand the Red Raiders their first FVC loss.
News | Images: Chicago Blackhawks' all-time leading goal scorer Bobby Hull has died at age 84Bobby Hull, the Blackhawks' all-time leading goal scorer, died Monday, Jan. 30, 2023. Hull just celebrated his 84th birthday on Jan. 3.
Bulls | McGraw: Decision day is looming for Vucevic's future with BullsBulls center Nikola Vucevic had a nice performance during Saturday's win in Orlando, where he spent most of his NBA career. The Bulls will have some tough decisions to make about Vucevic and the center postion in the coming days and months.
- 12:40 PMCook County girls basketball notes: Hersey celebrates retiring Fendley, Barthel
- 10:39 AMLake County boys basketball notes: Stevenson's depth making a difference
- 10:28 AMNew Trier grad cleaning up on the court at Macalester College
- 9:24 AMGlenbrook South girls shoot lights out against New Trier
- 9:18 PMSuper Bowl is set: Chiefs top Bengals 23-20, will face Eagles
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Top 20
- Girls' BasketballGirls basketball: Top 20
- Girls' BasketballHuntley erases Hampshire's early lead, stays perfect in FVC
- Girls' BasketballBohmer, Wheaton North spoil WW South's tribute to retiring coach Kroehnke
- Girls' BasketballFremd finishes 4-0 week by routing Maine South
- Girls' GymnasticsGlenbard West wins eighth straight West Suburban Silver meet
- Girls' BasketballGrant knocks it out of the park vs. Wauconda
- Boys' BasketballHot-shooting Prairie Ridge knocks off Crystal Lake South
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Conant's Loeger shines at home invite
- Boys' BasketballPalatine handles Warren for 5th straight win
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows falls despite Nikolich-Wilson's big night
- Girls' BasketballSlagle's career-high 26 leads Geneva over Batavia
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Waubonsie Valley 2nd, Neuqua Valley 3rd at Metea invite
- Girls' BasketballCook County girls basketball notes: Hersey celebrates retiring Fendley, Barthel
- Boys' BasketballLake County boys basketball notes: Stevenson's depth making a difference