Cubs | Chicago Cubs take Lester deep, beat Nats on reunion night
Kyle Schwarber homered in his return to Wrigley Field with Washington, but Jason Heyward, Willson Contreras and Javy Baez all went deep against former teammate Jon Lester as the Cubs won 7-3 on Monday.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | 50 years later, Hawks' Game 7 loss to Canadiens still stingsIt was 50 years ago that Montreal won Game 7 to beat the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final at the Stadium.
Columns | Should the Blackhawks sign Zadorov? His numbers stack up nicely with teammatesNikita Zadorov would love to re-sign with the Blackhawks. He'll be a restricted free agent with arbitration rights this off-season.
Columns | White Sox pick up slack for Abreu, beat up on TwinsThe Chicago White Sox didn't have Jose Abreu in the lineup Monday night, but Danny Mendick and Nick Madrigal helped pick up the slack in a 16-4 win.
White Sox | Sox's Anderson extends hit streak to 12 games, tops in majorsWhite Sox shortstop Tim Anderson didn't waste any time extending his hitting streak to 12 games Monday night, leading off the game vs. the Twins with a single.
Cubs | No complaints, but Lester didn't expect beer tab to be so highBack at Wrigley Field with Washington on Monday after six years with the Cubs, pitcher Jon Lester admitted he didn't think his offer to buy Cubs fans a beer last fall would be so popular.
News | Cougars find new life in changing baseball landscape alongside Dogs, BoomersAlthough the Kane County Cougars no longer are affiliated with a Major League Baseball team, they and other local franchises like the Chicago Dogs and Schaumburg Boomers remain committed to a mission of sending players to the next level.
Cubs | Ross biased, but thinks SEC makes a difference in baseballCubs manager David Ross played in college at Auburn and Florida and now he's pumping up the SEC experience of rookie pitcher Keegan Thompson, who spent three years at Auburn. Does it really matter?
News | Minor league teams look forward to 'normal' seasonComing soon to a minor league ballpark near you: A sense of normalcy.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Nazareth edges Benet for Milano's 500th winBenet's baseball team dropped a 4-3 game to Nazareth on Monday.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Glenbard East no-hits LarkinThree Glenbard East pitchers combined to no-hit Larkin in baseball action Monday.
- 6:04 AMHodgson, 73, stepping down as Crystal Palace manager
- 2:23 AMLakers host the Warriors in play-in game
- 2:23 AMGrizzlies host Spurs for play-in tournament matchup
- 2:21 AMCorbin expected to start for the Nationals against Cubs
- 2:21 AMChicago's Anderson puts 12-game hit streak on the line against Twins
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics: Palatine overcomes adversity to finish 3rd at state
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Stevenson, Hersey's Sheldon shine at Pitchford
- Prep SportsGoforth retiring at Benet; Lawler to become new AD
- Prep SportsBaseball: Huntley's 7th-inning rally beats Naperville Central
- Prep SportsBaseball: Maine South's Senior Day a 'sweep' one
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles North sweeps doubleheader from Saints
- Prep SportsSoftball: Elk Grove blows past Glenbrook North
- Prep SportsTrack & Field: Barrington, Palatine's Brown stellar at Palatine Relays
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Stevenson holds on for narrow win over Fremd
- Prep SportsBaseball: Nazareth edges Benet for Milano's 500th win
- Prep SportsSoftball: Huntley pulls away from Crystal Lake South
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Benet beats Joliet Catholic, now 11-0
- Prep SportsBaseball: Kaneland's Conklin blanks Sycamore
- Prep SportsBaseball: Glenbard East no-hits Larkin
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Batavia captures its home invite
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more