Blackhawks | 'It was a helluva run and I'm proud': Olczyk officially inks broadcast deal with Seattle
An 'O' so sad day: Former Chicago Blackhawks color commentator Eddie Olczyk officially joins Seattle Kraken's team. "I went through it a million times, and here we are," Olczyk said. "Just couldn't come to an agreement."
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | McGraw: As Cubs take to the corn, is 'Field of Dreams' worth watching?The Cubs and Reds will take the cornfield Thursday for the MLB's second "Field of Dreams" game in Dyersville, Iowa. The team success won't match last year's White Sox-Yankees game, and according to the Des Moines Register, actor Kevin Costner is not planning to attend.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Weak Cubs-Reds game could turn Fox/MLB cornfield dream into a nightmareThursday night, Major League Baseball and Fox Sports will wind it up again on a chopped-up piece of Iowa farm land and solemnly present "Field of Dreams II." The telecast, the event and the diluted redux all reek of profit pandering in the first degree.
Columns | Hub Arkush: The price of poker potentially just went way up for Roquan SmithBears linebacker Roquan Smith wants out of Chicago. The 25-year-old linebacker has requested a trade, according to the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Bears | Smith still not taking the practice field at Halas HallBears linebacker Roquan Smith made an appearance at the practice field Thursday morning at Halas Hall, but continues to sit out practice.
Bears | Bears receiver Harry has surgery on injured ankleReceiver N'Keal Harry consulted with a specialist and underwent surgery on his injured ankle, Eberflus said. Harry injured his ankle during practice on Saturday.
Bears | 2022 Chicago Bears training camp: Offense, defense grades for Aug. 11Thursday's practice went better than previous practices this week for the offense. During team drills, the offense started in a lot of favorable positions. They did red zone situations and started with the ball on the positive side of the 50 for most of the day.
White Sox | Sosa gets nod at shortstop in White Sox's loss to RoyalsIn Wednesday night's loss to Kansas City at Kauffman Stadium, Lenyn Sosa started at shortstop for the White Sox. With Tim Anderson out for six weeks with a finger injury, Sosa is set to get plenty of playing time.
Cubs | Hoerner, Cubs top power-hitting rookie Meneses, NationalsNico Hoerner homered to ignite a 4-run rally in the seventh inning.
Pro Sports | Boomers win in last game of homestand, set attendance recordThe Schaumburg Boomers completed a 5-1 homestand Wednesday by rallying to a 4-2 win over Joliet.
NFL | AP source: Watson willing to accept 8-game suspension, fineA person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson would accept an eight-game suspension and $5 million fine to avoid missing the entire season
- 5:58 PMPolice: Marshawn Lynch was asleep, car damaged before arrest
- 5:51 PMSeahawks QBs Lock, Smith hope for edge in preseason opener
- 5:37 PMCowboys-Broncos joint practice productive but chippy
- 5:26 PMReport: Whitecaps' response to allegations `appropriate'
- 5:25 PMGreinke helps Royals beat Cease, White Sox 5-3
- Prep Football'I am just so ready to play again': Prep football season starts in the suburbs
- Prep FootballGlenbard West eyes return to glory
- Prep FootballHuntley looks to bounce back
- Prep SportsHigh school basketball game the spark for Radtke's career
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Minnesota
- Prep FootballAlum Possley takes over at St. Charles East
- Prep FootballWheaton North enters 2022 season with target on its back
- Prep FootballCarlson, Kaneland set to take next step
- Prep FootballGerke's role expanding at Batavia
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- Prep FootballQB Reichert looking to return Downers Grove North to playoffs
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep FootballProkos can get job done on both sides of the ball for Crystal Lake South
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- NewsMaine East grad returns as new hoops head coach