Bears | 'We're going for it': 3 things Eberflus said Monday about 4th-down call and Bears' loss
Bears coach Matt Eberflus didn't have time to lament on what went wrong in Sunday's 31-28 collapse against the Denver Broncos with a quick turnaround on the road against the Washington Commanders set for Thursday. But here are the three biggest takeaways from Eberflus' media session Monday at Halas Hall.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | With new front office in place, Getz and White Sox set to tackle a busy off-seasonNew White Sox general manager Chris Getz has a lot of work to do this off-season, and he'll lean on three recent front office additions: assistant GM Josh Barfield, senior advisor to pitching Brian Bannister and director of player personnel Gene Watson.
Bears | Bears blow 21-point lead in gut-wrenching 31-28 loss to BroncosThe Bears blew a 21-point lead and collapsed in a 31-28 loss to the Broncos at Soldier Field on Sunday. The Bears drop to 0-4 and have now lost 14 straight games.
Bears | Matt Eberflus, Bears collapse in 31-28 loss to Denver BroncosJustin Fields and the Bears built a 28-7 lead Sunday but collapsed in the second half for a stunning 31-28 home loss to the previously winless Denver Broncos.
Bulls | Bulls Media Day: Donovan believes the path to success goes through the paintThe Bulls tipped off training camp with Monday's Media Day at the Advocate Center. The team will hold the first week of practice in Nashville. Even though there were few changes to the roster, there is plenty of optimism about finding ways to improve.
Cubs | 'There's no bad blood': Cubs' bond is strong despite disappointing finishThe pain for the Cubs of not making the playoffs is there for a couple of reasons. The primary one is the blown wild-card lead, but it cuts deeper than that. This team bonded more than most over the past seven months.
Bears | 'We're going for it': 3 things Eberflus said Monday about 4th-down call and Bears' lossBears coach Matt Eberflus didn't have time to lament on what went wrong in Sunday's 31-28 collapse against the Denver Broncos with a quick turnaround on the road against the Washington Commanders set for Thursday. But here are the three biggest takeaways from Eberflus' media session Monday at Halas Hall.
Columns | 6 things to know as high school football heads into the home stretchThe calendar page from September to October sure seemed to flip in a hurry, and here we are heading into the final three weeks of the high school football season. As Week 6 has just wrapped up, today we offer 6 things you need to know as we come into the home stretch of the 2023 campaign.
NFL | After critical comments, Bears ask WR Claypool not to attend Sunday's gameBears receiver Chase Claypool did not attend Sunday's game at Soldier Field. The Bears made the 25-year-old receiver inactive prior to the game, and Claypool was not spotted along the team's sideline during Sunday's loss against the Denver Broncos.
Columns | The two biggest reasons the U.S. lost the Ryder Cup? Luke Donald and long layoffs for playersThe biggest reason the Euros won was obvious: Luke Donald was by far the superior captain. And to think that the former Northwestern great wasn't the guy the European selectors really wanted.
Sports | Five big takeaways from Chicago Bears' epic collapse against Denver BroncosThe Bears lost, again. They are 0-4 and they've lost 14 consecutive games. To make matters worse, they squandered what had been the best passing game of quarterback Justin Fields' career. They blew a 21-point lead on Sunday against the Denver Broncos, losing 31-28. Here are the five big takeaways from Sunday's epic collapse at Soldier Fie
Cubs | Chairman on Cubs season: 'With all the disappointment we have, there's a lot of optimism as well'Just like millions of fans, Tom Ricketts is hurting. A few weeks ago, the Cubs' chairman thought for sure his team would be playing postseason baseball, but a September collapse kept that from happening. Ricketts spoke for almost 15 minutes, addressing Cody Bellinger's impending free-agent status, David Ross' work in the dugout and more.
- 8:39 PMGirls golf: Barrington, Stevenson advance to state; Rolling Meadows' March wins individual title
- 7:53 PMBoys golf: Hinsdale Central rides depth to sectional title; WW South, Geneva also advance
- 7:23 PMBoys golf: Bielecki's 68 leads Prospect to sectional crown
- 9:27 AMFootball / Top 20
- 9:22 AMGirls volleyball / Top 20
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Barrington, Stevenson advance to state; Rolling Meadows' March wins individual title
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Bielecki's 68 leads Prospect to sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Kuehn, Fremd enjoy sweet victory at Vikings Relays
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball / Top 20
- Prep Football6 things to know as high school football heads into the home stretch
- Prep FootballRunning back steals show in York's victory over Downers Grove North
- Prep FootballA new name is added to the list of Wes Spencer Crosstown Classic legends
- Prep FootballBoe, Batavia hold off Geneva for 13th straight win in rivalry series
- Prep SportsCross country: Narayanan, WW South race past field at St. Charles North
- Prep FootballCook and Lake County football roundup: Rolling Meadows handles Wheeling on Saturday after Friday's game postponed
- Prep FootballBarrington pulls away from Schaumburg
- Prep FootballMcKenzie runs wild again in Hersey's win over Prospect
- Prep FootballLake Zurich tips Libertyville in OT thriller
- Prep FootballWeek 6 football scores
- Prep FootballThis time Wheaton Warrenville South finishes on top against Wheaton North