White Sox | Garcia's late heroics lift White Sox to 1-0 win over Giants
Leury Garcia's having a tough season, but he came through in the clutch Friday night at San Francisco. With two outs in the ninth inning, Garcia's RBI single lifted the White Sox to a 1-0 win over the Giants.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Bulls reach agreement with LaVine, but miss on GallinariThere wasn't any news overnight, but free agent Zach LaVine finally announced his intention to re-sign with the Bulls Friday morning. At the same time, Bulls target Danilo Gallinari reportedly chose to join Boston.
Cubs | Cubs storm back for hard-fought 6-5 win over Red SoxThe Cubs came back again Friday at Wrigley Field after Boston opened up a 4-0 lead in the second inning. The Cubs took advantage of 7 walks and a hit batsman in the fifth and sixth innings and rallied to claim a 6-5 victory in front of 34,931.
Columns | O'Donnell: Holiday Pick 5 -- the most impacting nightly sportscasters in Chicago TV historyJim O'Donnell has the Top 5 most impacting nightly sportscasters in Chicago TV history.
Cubs | Contreras hopes Cubs bosses are listeningAfter a big night at the plate Wednesday, catcher Willson Contreras made another plea to stay with the Cubs for the rest of the season and beyond. Patrick Wisdom homered twice Thursday as the Cubs rolled past the Reds at Wrigley Field.
Cubs | Versatile Morel comes through again in Cubs' winCubs manager David Ross loves the versatility Christopher Morel provides, both at the plate and in the field. "You feel like it's a one-man bench. You can move him around," Ross said.
Columns | Lincicome: What's all The fuss with the largest university in Ohio?Bernie Lincicome woners if it's a self-esteem thing when it comes to The Ohio State University.
NBA | AP source: Rudy Gobert traded by Jazz to TimberwolvesRudy Gobert has been traded by the Utah Jazz to the Minnesota Timberwolves for a massive package of players and draft picks, a person with knowledge of the blockbuster deal said
Bulls | While Durant steals spotlight, Bulls have quiet start to free-agencyKevin Durant stole the spotlight with a reported trade request out of Brooklyn. Otherwise, the start of NBA free-agency included no Bulls news in the first few hours, while Stevenson High School's Jalen Brunson reportedly agreed to terms with the Knicks.
Bears | Top 25 Bears in 2022: Pringle will start training camp as No. 2 wide receiverPringle is the highest-profile receiver the Bears signed in the offseason.
White Sox | White Sox off-day thoughts on Hendriks, Montgomery, Sosa and moreThere is a chance injured relief pitcher Liam Hendriks is going to be back with the White Sox early next week. Needless to say, the return of the all-star closer would give the banged-up Sox a major boost.
- 6:04 AMWimbledon updates | Tan wins again, reaches 4th round
- 6:03 AMAP PHOTOS: The 1st week at the Wimbledon tennis tournament
- 5:25 AMIreland women's soccer coach Pauw says she was raped
- 2:01 AMCubs host the Red Sox, try to continue home win streak
- 2:01 AMOrioles look to end road losing streak, play the Twins
- Boys' BasketballBenet shows it belongs with impressive June performance
- Boys' BasketballNew group at Glenbard West has big shoes to fill
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- Boys' BasketballYork's Hardek adjusts to bigger role
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East looking for bounce back season
- Boys' BasketballReturning guards key to Geneva's future
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Burlington Central's Scharnowski turning heads in summer play
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Viator duo caps outstanding run for Lions
- Prep SportsBaseball: Naperville Central's Barczi socks 13 HRs in power-packed junior season
- Prep SportsBaseball: Grayslake Central's Marisca excels at -- and behind -- the plate
- BarringtonBarrington High School improvements get OK from village board
- NewsMaine East grad returns as new hoops head coach
- NewsHighland Park's Julia Kerpel off to Maccabiah games -- it's just one of many accomplishments