Columns | O'Donnell: DePaul's dream of going unbeaten dies hard in 74-69 loss
DePaul's shocking 74-69 loss on Sunday, bringing them to 9-1 instead of 10-0, will likely keep them out of the Top 25 rankings this week.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Despite early lead, Blackhawks fall to Coyotes in shootoutThe Blackhawks led 3-1 in the first period against offensively challenged Arizona. But the Coyotes came back to knot the game and outshoot the Hawks after a scoreless overtime.
Bears | Roquan Smith injured, out for rest of seasonRoquan Smith's second season is over with three weeks remaining after he tore a pectoral muscle Thursday night in the victory over the Dallas Cowboys, Matt Nagy confirmed Monday. Smith, the Bears' leading tackler, is the second starting inside linebacker and fourth defensive starter overall to suffer a serious injury this season.
Columns | Odds against them, but Chicago Bears fun againIf nothing else, the Chicago Bears have been able to make things fun again going into Sunday's game against the Packers at Green Bay.
Blackhawks | At .500, Blackhawks in search of consistencyThe wildly inconsistent Chicago Blackhawks are about to embark on a critical three-game road trip. John Dietz takes a look at what has looked good of late, as well as why some young players have a big chance to take step up over the next few weeks.
Bulls | Heat beat Bulls in overtime nailbiterTyler Herro scored 27 points, including a go-ahead 3-pointer with 38.2 seconds left in overtime, and the Miami Heat held off the Bulls 110-105 on Sunday night to improve to 10-0 at home this season.
Bulls | White's role changes, leads to career high in assistsChicago Bulls rookie Coby White set a career-high with 8 assists Sunday against Miami. That doesn't necessarily mean White is ready to become a point guard, but he is handling the ball more.
Cubs | As Cubs head to winter meetings, is the time right to trade veteran talent?Saying real change on the roster is "inevitable," Chicago Cubs president Theo Epstein might trade a star player like Willson Contreras or Kris Bryant this week at the winter meetings in San Diego.
Cubs | Former Padres manager Andy Green named Cubs' bench coachThe Chicago Cubs announced their coaching staff on Monday. Former Padres manager Andy Green joins David Ross' staff as bench coach.
Blackhawks | Sikura next up as young forwards try to prove themselves with BlackhawksDylan Sikura is the latest forward from the Rockford IceHogs to get a chance to show what he's got with the Chicago Blackhawks. Sikura, who played 33 games for the Hawks last season, made his season debut against Arizona at the United Center on Sunday.
College Sports | Smith brings welcome gift of bowl trip to IlliniFor its first bowl game in five years, Illinois was sent to the Redbox Bowl in Santa Clara, Calif., where they'll face California on Dec. 30. Coach Lovie Smith talked about getting his first bowl bid Sunday.
- Girls' BasketballHot start sends Jacobs past Larkin
- Girls' BasketballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep SportsBarrington's Saile excited for opportunity at Colorado Springs
- Prep SportsGates rolls with punches to lead Vernon Hills
- Prep SportsGirls bowling: Antioch rolling for a turkey this season
- Girls' BasketballBlackmore, Sinclair, McClure reach milestone; big FVC game Tuesday
- Prep SportsImages: Great competition in our best high school sports images of the week
- Girls' BasketballHarris sets tone for Downers Grove North against Waubonsie Valley
- Prep FootballLake County All-Area Team
- Prep FootballA record-setting legacy for Hersey standout Hansen
- Prep SportsDon't miss our coverage of winter high school sports
- Girls' BasketballMontini snaps Maine West's winning streak at 44
- Girls' BasketballKoulogeorgas picks up Addison Trail in victory
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Monday, Dec. 9
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove runs past Hoffman Estates