Bears | Bears WR Robinson says offense more than capable of big plays
Chicago Bears wide reciever Allen Robinson says if the offense starts producing more explosive plays, people will look at the unit in a whole new light. Easier said than done, of course.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Chicago Cubs need to strike while Darvish, Hendricks are peakingThere's no question the strength of the Chicago Cubs in 2020 was the starting pitching. Kyle Hendricks and Yu Darvish were a stellar 1-2 punch and both are signed long term.
White Sox | After Giolito, Keuchel, Chicago White Sox have to sort out starting rotationThe Chicago White Sox are set at the top of their starting rotation with Lucas Giolito and Dallas Keuchel. As they look ahead to 2021, Dylan Cease, Dane Dunning, Michael Kopech and Garrett Crochet are viable candidiates to fill the other starting spots.
MLB | Naperville's Hairston Jr. still living dream as Dodgers broadcasterJerry Hairston Jr. comes from a family of major-league baseball players, and the 44-year-old Naperville North High School graduate is still in the game as a TV broadcaster for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Sports | Chicago Bears' O-line continues to be work in progressThe Chicago Bears' offensive line looks to get itself back together as they head into Monday night game against the Los Angeles Rams.
College Sports | Illinois eyes an encore in opener at WisconsinIllinois and Wisconsin open the Big Ten football season Friday night in Madison.
Prep Sports | Girls swimming and diving: Athletes are all set for sectional SaturdayWith sectional Saturday finally here, girls swimming and diving teams across the suburbs have been dialing back yardage and focusing on other aspects of their skill set, which is generally referred to as tapering. But tapering is mental as much as a physical task, coaches and athletes say.
NFL | 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo ready for return to New EnglandJimmy Garoppolo's early NFL education came going up against Bill Belichick's complicated defense each day in practice with the New England Patriots
Columns | Basketball coach association survey says play; decision could come next weekThe Illinois Basketball Coaches Association recently held a survey designed to provide guidance on how contact days have been going and the possibiity of an upcoming basketball season. But a recent surge in COVID cases leaves the season in doubt.
Columns | Nagy, Pace share blame for dysfunctional offense But that doesn't mean Bears can't contendMuch to the surprise of NFL experts, analysts and fans everywhere, the Bears have the second best record in the NFL. Yet the Bears are subpar on offense in all ways. Still the Bears have an excellent offense and special teams, which coud carry them far.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Nobody walks in L.A. -- unless you're betting against the Bears Monday nightJim O'Donnell: It doesn't make much cents to go against Matt Nagy and the Bears.
- 2:21 AMMorton expected to start for Tampa Bay against Los Angeles
- 2:15 AMTop Eastern Conference teams Philadelphia and Toronto FC take the field
- 2:15 AMAtlanta United FC hosts DC United for a conference matchup
- 2:15 AMFC Dallas visits Real Salt Lake on 3-game road skid
- 2:15 AMChicago hosts New York in conference matchup
- Girls' BasketballBasketball coach association survey says play; decision could come next week
- Prep SportsFor the second year in a row, Fremd proves to have the most spirited student section
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Rolling Meadows' Barretto has historic run
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Fremd captures sectional championship
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Jacobs secures first sectional title since 2013
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Hersey's Harden, Prospect shine at MSL meet
- Prep FootballFormer Geneva AD Schick passes away at 90
- Prep SportsHersey's Sheldon used golf to save his tennis career
- Prep SportsCross country: St. Charles East's Schildmeyer, Batavia's Schlenker DKC champs
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: St. Charles East nabs 2nd straight sectional crown
- Prep SportsIHSA meeting on Oct. 28 to give details on winter sports
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Glenbard West dominates Schaumburg sectional
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Athletes are all set for sectional Saturday
- NewsElle Stewart and Jenna Horne get it done for the Titans
- NewsIn its last match of 2020, Glenbrook North wins team and individual sectional titles
Images; Through the Film Magnifier: Carlton Fisk, The Kingston Trio, Dudley Moore, a beard contest and more