White Sox | Jimenez returns to lineup, powers White Sox to wild win over Twins
Returning to the White Sox lienup Wednesday after injuring his hamstring in late April, left fielder Eloy Jimenez made an instant impact with a 2-run homer and RBI single in a 9-8 win in 10 innings over the first-place Twins at Guaranteed Rate Field.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | O'Donnell: For Mike Leiderman, Highland Park was a tolerant, safe haven now grossly violatedFormer sportscaster, TV host and producer Mike Leiderman and his wife, Hermine, lived more than 40 years in Highland Park and Deerfield. From their home in Florida, Leiderman looks back on his hometown following Monday's shooting.
Columns | To trade or not to trade, that is the question with Blackhawks' Alex DeBrincatIf the Blackhawks trade forward Alex DeBrincat they'd better get a return so good that everyone knows the Hawks will be a force to be reckoned with in a few years.
Cubs | Cubs rally against Brewers bullpen for another series winAfter getting shut out by Milwaukee ace Corbin Burnes for seven innings, the Cubs rallied against the Brewers bullpen to pull out a 2-1 victory and win their fourth straight series.
Columns | Cubs place starter Hendricks on IL with shoulder strainThe Cubs placed starting pitcher Kyle Hendricks on the injured list Wednesday with a right shoulder strain. The veteran right-hander lasted just 3 innings in Tuesday's start against the Brewers.
Bears | Top 25 Bears in 2022: No. 13 Teven Jenkins New regime not overwhelmed with Jenkins to dateTeven Jenkins is the best example of a player the previous decision-makers felt highly about, but who GM Ryan Poles and the new front office haven't committed to. It still feels more likely Jenkins will start at right tackle, with Larry Borom at left tackle, when Week 1 arrives. But that's far from a sure thing.
Pro Sports | Minnesota ends Chicago's five-game winning streakAerial Powers had 22 points and 11 rebounds, Kayla McBride added 15 points and the Minnesota Lynx beat Chicago 81-78, ending the Sky's five-game winning streak
Bears | Hinz: Lightfoot to explore putting a dome on Soldier Field, even as Bears prepare to move outThe dome "almost certainly" will require some sort of taxpayer subsidy, says a draft of a report that may be released as soon as Thursday.
White Sox | Sox's Burger (hand), Velasquez (finger) placed on injured listIn addition to reinstating left fielder Eloy Jimenez Wednesday, the White Sox placed infielder Jake Burger and pitcher Vince Velasquez on the injured list.
Cubs | Cubs' future looking brighter as a possible nucleus formsOne area where the Cubs have made some progress this season is developing some younger players who have a chance to be successful lineup pieces in the future.
NFL | Bills coordinator Leslie Frazier helps young coaches advanceLeslie Frazier expected another opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL after a three-year-plus stint in Minnesota from 2010-13
- 2:01 AMWhite Sox host the Tigers to open 4-game series
- 2:01 AMDodgers host the Cubs on 3-game home win streak
- 2:01 AMMariners begin 4-game series against the Blue Jays
- 2:01 AMOrioles look to keep home win streak alive, host the Angels
- 2:01 AMKiner-Falefa leads Yankees against the Red Sox following 4-hit performance
- Boys' BasketballBenet shows it belongs with impressive June performance
- Boys' BasketballNew group at Glenbard West has big shoes to fill
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- Boys' BasketballYork's Hardek adjusts to bigger role
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East looking for bounce back season
- Boys' BasketballReturning guards key to Geneva's future
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Burlington Central's Scharnowski turning heads in summer play
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Viator duo caps outstanding run for Lions
- Prep SportsBaseball: Naperville Central's Barczi socks 13 HRs in power-packed junior season
- Prep SportsBaseball: Grayslake Central's Marisca excels at -- and behind -- the plate
- BarringtonBarrington High School improvements get OK from village board
- NewsMaine East grad returns as new hoops head coach
- NewsHighland Park's Julia Kerpel off to Maccabiah games -- it's just one of many accomplishments