Sky | 'Amazing role models': Fans from the suburbs praise Sky for their WNBA title and more
The celebration of the Chicago Sky's WNBA championship continued today with a parade and rally that drew many Sky fans from even the farthest suburbs -- fans who lauded the team not just for their league success but also for the example they set.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Winless Blackhawks drop home opener 4-1 to IslandersMissed opportunities haunted the Hawks in a 4-1 loss to the New York Islanders.
Bulls | McGraw: Bulls will be better this season, but still lack a key ingredientThe new and improved Bulls will probably have nights when they look unbeatable in 2021-22. But this is also a team that may have little chance of beating the top contenders.
Columns | Grading the Bears: Offensive rhythm, defensive gap integrity the difference in loss to PackersHub Arkush: Bears come close to beating the Packers, but that's never good enough.
Bulls | NBA's Eastern Conference shows two favorites and plenty of contendersThe Bulls are hoping to move up in the Eastern Conference, but the competition will be tough. Several teams appear to be on the upswing, with hopes of catching Milwaukee or Brooklyn.
Blackhawks | Strome a healthy scratch again for BlackhawksDylan Strome was a healthy scratch for the fourth straight time when the Chicago Blackhawks hosted the New York Islanders on Tuesday.
Special Report | Arlington Heights formally opens doors to Bears, but Chicago still hopes to keep teamWhile officials at Chicago city hall try to stop the Bears from leaving town, those at Arlington Heights village hall have formally opened their doors to the team in a bid to lure them to the suburbs.
Prep Football | Football / AP Top TenHere are the latest rankings of Illinois high school football teams in each class, according to an Associated Press panel of sports writers
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball: Barrington downs Prospect in home finaleAD Mike Obsuszt and the Barrington fans saw all those qualities on Tuesday as the Mid-Suburban West co-champions rallied from a first-set setback to roll past Prospect 21-25, 25-10, 25-10 in the MSL second-place crossover.
Prep Football | Five Fox Valley teams face must-win games in Week 9Here's a look at some of the Fox storylines heading into Week 9 of the high school football season, including a breakdown of the playoff picture with pairings night around the corner Saturday.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Hersey's win sets up rematch with FremdThe No. 8 seed Hersey (10-6-1) drew inspiration from senior Charlie Shiffman, whose eventual game-winning goal in the 57th minute would be all the home side would need to beat Prospect and advance to their third chance to beat Fremd when they meet in the regional final at 6 p.m. Friday.
- 12:10 PMJets' Mosley dealing with hamstring, uncertain for Pats game
- 12:04 PMAraújo, Driussi, Loba top-paid to join MLS during season
- 11:41 AMWake's Clawson, Pitt's Pickett top AP's midyear ACC honors
- 11:14 AMNFL is kicking off $6.2M responsible betting campaign
- 11:04 AMBrowns' Mayfield out with shoulder injury, Keenum starting
- Prep FootballFive Fox Valley teams face must-win games in Week 9
- Prep FootballFootball / AP Top Ten
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Wheaton North celebrates Senior Night by beating Lake Zurich
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 8
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Allaire shines in Viator's win at Libertyville
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Batavia battles for St. Charles East sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Barrington nets title at Jacobs
- Prep FootballWeek 9 in Lake County will have interesting storylines
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Surprising Jacobs takes 2nd at Pumpkin tourney
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Wang's singles win propels Stevenson to sectional title
- Prep SportsCross country: Waubonsie boys snap streak; Naperville North girls in a customary spot
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: St. Charles North edges Glenbard N.in regional semi
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Metea Valley stays alive with OT win
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Downers North avenges loss, ends South's season