Cubs | Cubs offense stalls again as division, and postseason, getting out of reach
Remember all that fun the Chicago Cubs had last weekend against the Pittsburgh Pirates? That all has been forgotten as their losing streak hit four Friday in a 2-1 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals at Wrigley Field.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | How Colliton might build Blackhawks lines early this seasonIt took almost a week, but Jeremy Colliton finally gave us a sneak peek of what the opening-night lineup mighty look like when the Blackhawks begin the regular season against Philadelphia Oct. 4 in Prague.
White Sox | Eloy Jimenez's slam helps White Sox rout Tigers 10-1Eloy Jimenez's slam helps White Sox rout Tigers 10-1hit a grand slam in the fourth inning, and Yoan Moncada also went deep for Chicago as the White Sox breezed to a 10-1 victory over the Detroit Tigers
Cubs | Rizzo's surprise return inspiring to his Cubs teammatesChicago Cubs first baseman's Anthony Rizzo's quick return from an ankle injury has both surprised and inspired his teammates.
Bears | With Nichols going down, next man up is nothing new for Bears defenseNick Williams is the Bears' backup nose guard behind Goldman, earning the final defensive line spot ahead of former third-rounder Jonathan Bullard.
Columns | O'Donnell: Theo Epstein, Joe Maddon, Arlington Park … going, going … going?Jim O'Donnell says Theo Epstein, Joe Maddon and Arlington Park might not be long for the area.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks top prospect Dach returns to iceBlackhawks center Kirby Dach was on the ice for the first time training camp began a week ago. Dach, who suffered a concussion in the Traverse City prospect tournament on Sept. 10, went through a series of drills for about 30 minutes before the Hawks practiced.
Pro Sports | Uchman's Arlington selections for Saturday's racesHere is today's link to Daily Herald handicapper Ron Uchman's selections for thoroughbred racing at Arlington International on Saturday, plus Joe Mazzone's picks for harness racing at Hawthorne.
Columns | Delle Donne wasn't a unanimous MVP decision, and Twitter lost its mindBetter be ready for the "Twitter-cism" if you disagree with the masses on Twitter, such as who should be the 2019 WNBA MVP. Unlike the majority, who voted for Washington Mystics star Elena Delle Donne, I voted for Sky point guard Courtney Vandersloot.
Cubs | Cubs look to break 4-game losing streak against CardinalsChicago is looking to break its four-game losing streak with a win over St. Louis
White Sox | White Sox, streaking Jimenez set for matchup with TigersJimenez takes a 11-game hit streak into matchup with Tigers
- 11:47 AMCoutinho scores 1st goal for Bayern in 4-0 rout of Cologne
- 11:27 AMJapan goes 1-2 in men's final in Salt Lake figure skating
- 11:24 AMMedvedev reaches 5th straight final in St. Petersburg
- 11:05 AMMan City crushes Watford 8-0 in Premier League
- 11:03 AMNorwich back down to earth with 2-0 loss at Burnley
- Prep FootballMontini comeback stuns St. Rita
- Prep FootballBig-time effort by Kaliakmanis, Antioch defense
- Prep FootballConant ground game chews up New Trier
- Prep FootballHoffman Estates offense takes down Vernon Hills
- Prep FootballICCP tops Bishop McNamara in fantastic finish
- Prep FootballLake Zurich rolls past Lake Forest
- Prep FootballSt. Viator outlasts Marian Central in overtime
- Prep FootballKaneland gets back on track
- Prep FootballFriday night takeaways
- Prep FootballBatavia wins hard-fought game over Glenbard North
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Friday, Sept. 20
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Friday, Sept. 20
- Prep FootballHuntley overcomes adversity, notches 1st win at Cary-Grove
- Prep FootballGlenbard East tops Fenton in UEC
- Prep FootballLake Park beats Wheaton North in OT