Bears | Inside the 'free play' touchdown pass to DJ Moore that propelled Bears to victory
Trying to draw an offsides never works for the Bears. But it did on Sunday, on a fourth-and-13 late in the third quarter. Quarterback Justin Fields' touchdown pass to receiver DJ Moore broke a tie game and felt like the defining moment in a 28-13 win.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Sorry, Cubs fans: Ohtani agrees to record $700 million, 10-year contract with DodgersShohei Ohtani agreed to a record $700 million, 10-year contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Bears | They're probably not playoff-bound, but 28-13 victory over Lions gives Bears a joltPlayoff talk for a 4-8 team seemed unrealistic. And it probably still does. But the Bears, who beat the Lions 25-13 at Soldier Field on Sunday, are looking better. John Dietz with the full report.
Bears | 3 and Out: Bears defense, Justin Fields close out LionsThe Bears built a 15-point fourth-quarter lead and the defense shut out the Lions in the second half in a 28-13 win over the Detroit Lions on Sunday.
Columns | Lincicome: Was that column written by me, or was it AI trying to imitate me?So, I asked myself, what is this AI business all about anyhow? Everybody is worried about it. Or are they? Maybe it is AI doing the worrying. Who can tell?
Blackhawks | Beauvillier scores as Blackhawks beat Blues 3-1 for 1st win streak of the seasonAnthony Beauvillier, Alex Vlasic and Jason Dickinson scored, and the Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues 3-1 for their first back-to-back wins of the season.
Prep Wrestling | Boys wrestling: Buffalo Grove keeps invitational first-place trophy homeBuffalo Grove wrestling has come a long way, and in a short time.
College Sports | Dalton Knecht scores 21 to lead No. 17 Tennessee over No. 20 Illinois 86-79Dalton Knecht scored 21 points to help No. 17 Tennessee rally from a second-half deficit to beat No. 20 Illinois 86-79 in front of a raucous crowd of more than 20,000 Volunteers fans.
Girls' Gymnastics | Girls gymnastics: Warren surges past Lincoln-Way co-op at Conant InvitationalTrailing the top teams in the meet for pretty much the entire day, it was quite a shocker for most people when the final tabulations were made as Warren made a late surge to capture the team title by a 140.425 to 139.1 score over runner-up Lincoln-Way Co-op.
College Sports | North Central College advances to fourth straight Division III national finalIn a season when it made a routine out of runaway victories and eye-popping point totals, the North Central College football team cemented its spot in a fourth straight national championship game on defense with the contest hanging in the balance Saturday.
Prep Sports | Boys swimming: Naperville North, Waubonsie Valley win at Barrington two-division relaysBarrington senior Adam Gaffney did not meet his Waterloo in a pair of events at Saturday's Broncos boys swimming and diving relays.
- 8:26 AMAlong for the ride: Biking books recount the ups and downs of cyclists' cross-country, global journeys
- 8:23 AMChicago Pickleball League tournament comes to Lincolnshire
- 10:11 PMWolves rally twice but lose to Stars
- 9:20 PMLSU QB Jayden Daniels overcomes being out of playoff hunt to win Heisman Trophy with prolific season
- 8:12 PMCrew races to 2-goal lead in 1st half, holds on to beat LAFC 2-1 for 3rd MLS Cup
- Prep WrestlingBoys wrestling: Buffalo Grove keeps invitational first-place trophy home
- NewsGrayslake Central, Grant High officials investigating allegations of verbal abuse at wrestling meet
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Warren surges past Lincoln-Way co-op at Conant Invitational
- Boys' BasketballDowners Grove South speeds past Morton in West Suburban Gold
- Boys' BasketballCrystal Lake South cruises to victory against Woodstock North
- Boys' BasketballFast-paced Warren rolls past Stevenson
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Naperville North, Waubonsie Valley win at Barrington two-division relays
- Boys' BasketballViolett does what it takes for Kaneland in win over Marmion
- Boys' BasketballBarrington finishes strong again, tops Conant
- Boys' BasketballNaperville North falls short at DeKalb
- Girls' BasketballNew Hinsdale Central coaching staff can't avoid defeat at York
- Girls' BasketballFremd holds off fourth-quarter rally by Schaumburg in key MSL West game
- Boys' BasketballFremd hands Schaumburg its 1st loss
- Boys' BasketballWaubonsie Valley answers Metea Valley's challenge
- Boys' BasketballTimothy's defense stymies St. Edward