Columns | How did the rest of NFC North fare in the draft?
The Bears' draft was strong, but how about their competitors in the NFC North?
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Horses and Bears at Arlington Park would be an amazing daily doubleJim O'Donnell: How about both horses and Bears at Arlington Park?
Columns | Back from quarantine, LaVine not ready to give up on Bulls seasonAfter spending a couple weeks quarantined in his basement, Bulls guard Zach LaVine returned to practice Wednesday and plans to play Thursday in Charlotte.
White Sox | Cease has historic night as White Sox roll to 9-0 win over RedsDylan Cease had 11 strikeouts and allowed just 1 hit over 6 innings and he also went 3-for-3 as the White Sox beat the Reds 9-0 Tuesday night in Cincinnati.
Special Report | 'We think horse racing is far from dead': Ex-Arlington Park leader wants to redevelop siteFormer Arlington Park President Roy Arnold, who left the racetrack more than a decade ago to pursue other business opportunities, is leading a group of developers and investors in a bid to purchase and redevelop the property, while preserving live horse racing there.
Girls' Basketball | Women's basketball: Larkin grad Irvin excited to be new assistant coach at IllinoisCorry Irivn is on the move again, this time straight south on Interstate 57. Irvin, a 1992 Larkin High School graduate, was named Tuesday as an assistant women's basketball coach at the University of Illinois.
White Sox | Is the team's patience with White Sox manager La Russa 'growing thin?'According to an ESPN report, some White Sox players are already running out of patience with new manager Tony La Russa, Reigning MVP Jose Abreu went to bat for La Russa, saying: "It's not an easy job."
Columns | Charles Leno may have deserved better but it was time to goIf the Bears were going to cut Kyle Fuller to begin the cleanup of their stifling salary cap issues -- which they did to save approximately $11 million -- then they had absolutely no choice but to cut Charles Leno Jr. Monday.
Columns | Cubs place Arrieta, Hoerner on injured listBefore Tuesday's doubleheader against the Dodgers, the Cubs placed Nico Hoerner, Jake Arrieta and Dan Winkler on the 10-day injured list, while promoting Ildemaro Vargas, Keegan Thompson and Kyle Ryan.
White Sox | Benched Sunday, Mercedes explains late arrivalYermin Mercedes was scratched from Sunday's starting lineup after arriving late to Guaranteed Rate Field. The White Sox's star rookie said he got stuck in traffic.
Cubs | This year, short doubleheaders affect the fan experienceMLB initiated a plan last year for seven-inning doubleheaders to try to prevent workloads from piling up during the pandemic. The new rule remains in place, but now it's affecting fans who bought tickets.
- 4:02 PMChelsea ousts Madrid to set up all-English CL final vs City
- 3:54 PMCanadian MLS teams try to make best of relocation
- 3:45 PMBills GM Beane would consider cutting unvaccinated player
- 3:44 PMMadrid Open: Nadal cruises past Spanish teenage sensation
- 2:38 PMLehmann kicked off German club's board after racist text
- Girls' BasketballWomen's basketball: Larkin grad Irvin excited to be new assistant coach at Illinois
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Geneva tops St. Charles East to stay unbeaten
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics: Downers North sophomore Nicholas dominates sectional
- Prep SportsBaseball: Prairie RIdge holds on to down Cary-Grove
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Carmel Catholic stops Rolling Meadows in battle of unbeaten teams
- Prep SportsSoftball: Pappas providing leadership for young St. Charles North squad
- Prep FootballMid-Suburban League all-conference team
- Prep FootballNorth Suburban Conference all-conference team
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics: Palatine reigns at Mid-Suburban League meet
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Maine South, Naperville Central shine at Rolling Meadows
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: Wind creates challenges at Huntley Invite
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Experienced Lake Zurich knocks off Barrington
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Spohn, Geneva have plenty to smile about
- Prep SportsSoftball: Crystal Lake South drops wild one at McHenry
- Prep SportsBaseball: Sebestin's clutch triple trips up West Aurora
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more