White Sox | Like White Sox, Robert embracing high expectations
The Chicago White Sox are expected to be a much better team this season, and manager Rick Renteria has set making the playoffs as the goal. If rookie center fielder Luis Robert makes an instant impact, the Sox are going to be a team to watch.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Rozner: After fine offseason, White Sox optimism off the chartsThe White Sox have had a terrific winter, but as GM Rick Hahn points out, no one is certain exactly when the title window will open.
College Sports | Last-second shot lifts No. 21 Illinois over Michigan 64-62Ayo Dosunmu took advantage of his 5-inch height edge on Simpson, sinking a contested jumper from the free throw line with 0.5 seconds remaining to give No. 21 Illinois a 64-62 victory over Michigan on Saturday. The Illini extended their winning streak to six and moved into sole possession of first place in the Big Ten for the moment.
Bulls | LaVine doesn't need much help as Bulls roll past CavsZach LaVine didn't need much scoring help on Saturday in Cleveland. He piled up 44 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists as the Bulls rolled past the Cavaliers 118-106.
Cubs | Report: Cubs agree to one-year contract with Souza Jr.The Chicago Cubs have reportedly agreed to a one-year contract with free-agent outfielder Steven Souza Jr. Dealing with health issues the past two years, Souza missed the entire 2019 season with a serious knee injury.
White Sox | 1B Abreu looking forward to winning with White SoxJosé Abreu has known nothing but losing since he joined the Chicago White Sox
Sports | Bears announce average season ticket price increase of 3.9 percentIn a letter sent this week to season ticket holders, Bears president and CEO Ted Phillips wrote that after no increases in three of the past five years, the price of season tickets across all sections of Soldier Field will rise in 2020.
NFL | 49ers' Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title teamThe similarities are stark between the two teams - coach Bill Walsh's first Super Bowl-winning team for the San Francisco 49ers in the 1981 season and Kyle Shanahan's version this year
Sports | Australian Open Glance: Ash Barty, Coco Gauff eye quartersAsh Barty faces 18th-seeded American Alison Riske for a berth in the quarterfinals at the Australian Open on Day 7
NFL | Pro Bowl packed with pending free agents like Brees, HenryA number of Pro Bowlers are about to get paid
NFL | Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatusIt's appropriate the Super Bowl to end droughts is Miami-bound
- 5:06 AM'Didn't do it for the hype': Kenin stops Coco in Australia
- 3:12 AMIrving leads Brooklyn against New York after 45-point game
- 3:12 AMMinnesota plays Sacramento on home losing streak
- 3:12 AMThunder face the Mavericks on 5-game win streak
- 3:12 AMDetroit hosts Cleveland following Drummond's 20-21 performance
- Prep WrestlingBarrington nails down 50th annual MSL championship
- Prep WrestlingDriessens continues dominance at DVC tournament
- Girls' BasketballWheaton North battles for another road win
- Girls' BasketballKosner, Aurora Central pull out win over St. Edward
- Prep SportsBoys swimming and diving: St. Charles East shines again at SCN invite
- Prep WrestlingAntioch wins its first Lake County Invitational championship
- Prep WrestlingGlenbard East nips Bartlett for UEC crown
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows falls to Hopkins, Fenwick
- Boys' BasketballBig 2nd half sends Glenbard East past Aurora Christian
- Prep SportsNaperville Central races well at Trojans invite
- Girls' GymnasticsGlenbard West excels at York invite
- Girls' BasketballFremd goes 2-0 in in Louisville
- Boys' BasketballHampshire clicks in win over Buffalo Grove
- Girls' BasketballSchmidt moves into 2nd on Burlington Central's all-time scoring list
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 25