Bears | What went wrong in the Bears' 20-12 loss to the Giants? A lot.
The Bears had a chance late, but Velus Jones Jr. fumbled a punt at his own 35.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Giants QB Daniel Jones fakes out Bears defense for 2 touchdownsNew York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones' deception was on point Sunday as the Bears lost 20-12 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
Bears | 3 and Out: Bears can't find the end zone in 20-12 loss to GiantsJustin Fields and the Bears offense showed some slightly incremental signs of improvement but still struggled to find the end zone in the Bears' 20-12 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday.
White Sox | Report: White Sox manager Tony La Russa to announce retirement MondayManager Tony La Russa, who has been away from the White Sox since Aug. 30 with a heart issue, is reportedly going to announce his retirement on Monday.
Cubs | Contreras gets ovations, Stroman goes 6, Cubs beat Reds 8-1CHICAGO -- Willson Contreras got several standing ovations in what could be his final home game at Wrigley Field, Marcus Stroman threw six scoreless innings and the surging Cubs won their seventh straight, beating the Cincinnati Reds 8-1 on Sunday. Nelson Velázquez drove in four runs, helping the Cubs match their best run since a seven-game streak late last year. The Cubs, aided by three walks and a hit batter, knocked out a Chase Anderson in a five-run first and cruised to their 11th win in 12 games in their Wrigley Field season finale.
Sports | Lynn great, Andrus homers, Sox beat playoff-clinching Padres 2-1Lance Lynn allowed one run in seven innings, Elvis Andrus homered and the White Sox beat the San Diego Padres, who clinched a playoff berth midgame when the Marlins beat the Brewers in 12 innings.
Bears | Bears notes: Justin Fields says passing numbers 'don't matter'In what is becoming a trend, Bears quarterback Justin Fields had to answer questions Sunday following another frustrating performance from the Bears' offense.
Blackhawks | With Boris Katchouk injured, Lukas Reichel has easier path Blackhawks rosterIt hasn't come about in a way the Blackhawks would've preferred, but Lukas Reichel now has an easier path to make the Hawks' opening-night NHL roster.
Bears | Laser focused: How Bears WR Pettis uses passion for art to to help those struggling with mental healthBorn: Oct. 23, 1995 in San Clemente, California College: University of Washington
White Sox | Will Oscar Colas be right fit for White Sox next season?As the White Sox look ahead to 2023, Oscar Colas is a legitimate candidate to start in right field. Colas played with high Class A Winston-Salem, AA Birmingham and AAA Charlotte this year and batted a combined .314 with 23 home runs and 79 RBI in 117 games.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder -- will sports gaming media ever generate another one like him?In January 1988, CBS Sports fired Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder almost instantaneously after some fateful remarks about the physical traits of Black athletes. Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder's name is now in play because the nation remains in the midst of a legalized sports wagering frenzy, fueled by billions of dollars in advertising and promotional money.
- 10:58 PMAllen rallies Bills to win after Ravens' 4th-down try fails
- 10:50 PMPadres snag a wild-card berth; Phils' magic number down to 1
- 10:13 PMSpectator at Steelers game dies after fall from escalator
- 10:11 PMTerry Bradshaw says he's been treated for 2 kinds of cancer
- 10:06 PMMLB playoff primer: Things to know as postseason nears
- Prep FootballYork tops Lyons, sets up battle of unbeatens next vs. Glenbard West
- Prep SportsYork's 'In another stratosphere' while capturing Wheaton North's Falcon Classic
- Prep FootballCL South rebounds with win over rival
- Prep FootballDeKalb's special teams give Waubonsie Valley problems
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Ferguson, Smith both score twice in Lake Zurich's win over Rolling Meadows
- Prep FootballMistakes cost Dundee-Crown
- Prep FootballBatavia shuts out WW South
- Prep FootballBig 2nd half sends St. Francis past Aurora Christian
- Prep FootballGeneva rebounds by blanking St. Charles East
- Prep FootballHuntley defense makes its stand at crucial time against Cary-Grove
- Prep FootballHersey pulls away from Rolling Meadows in 2nd half
- Prep FootballJacobs holds on for Fox Valley victory at Burlington Central
- Prep FootballLake Zurich stays hot, tops Libertyville
- Prep FootballMaine South rallies from early deficit, wins key Central Suburban game
- Prep FootballHoffman Estates' Williams enjoying happy homecoming