Columns | Cueto sparkles, Robert plays hero as White Sox top Royals in extras
Johnny Cueto joined the White Sox from Class AAA Charlotte Monday night and pitched 6 scoreless innings in his debut. The Sox blew a 3-0 lead but beat the Royals 5-3 in 10 innings on Luis Robert's 2-run homer.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Grand slam for Contreras in Cubs' 9-0 win over PiratesWillson Contreras hit a grand slam during Monday's 9-0 win over the Pirates at Wrigley Field.
Columns | Mark Gonzales: Why AL Central domination should be top of mind for White SoxMark Gonzales says the White Sox need to start winning more games in their division for all the obvious reasons.
Bears | How might Bears deploy rookie WR Velus Jones Jr.?Versatility is why the Bears drafted Velus Jones Jr. in the third round (71st overall) just a couple of weeks ago.
NFL | 4 Bills Hall of Famers planning support of shooting victimsBills Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas tells The Associated Press he and several former teammates are coming together in Buffalo this week to help support families of the shooting victims
Prep Sports | Softball: Barrington's Peterson wins 900th gameJust nine days after Elk Grove coach Ken Grams reached 1,000 wins, chalk up another milestone for a Mid-Suburban League hall of fame softball coach.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Buffalo Grove snaps Conant's 5-game win streakBuffalo Grove baseball coach Bill Montemayor entered the final week of the regular season in an interesting position.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Libertyville clinches share of NSC crownThere was a lot of power hitting going on when Stevenson hosted Libertyville in a key North Suburban Conference baseball game Monday afternoon in Lincolnshire.
Sports | Michigan State's Christie turning proFormer Rolling Meadows basketball standout Max Christie is going pro.
Prep Sports | Baseball: St. Charles East's 7-run 7th clinches DuKane titleJake Liska didn't have much time to think, mostly simply react and perform.
- 2:01 AMWhite Sox try to extend road win streak in matchup with the Royals
- 2:01 AMChicago Cubs and Pittsburgh Pirates meet in game 2 of series
- 2:01 AMBlue Jays bring 1-0 series advantage over Mariners into game 2
- 2:01 AMTigers try to keep win streak going against the Rays
- 2:01 AMTexas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels meet in game 2 of series
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: Kaneland claims Interstate 8 crown
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics: Palatine sends retiring coach out with state championship
- Prep SportsWater polo: Hersey girls advance to state; top-seeded Palatine boys oust Fremd
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Deerfield, Barrington among conference tournament winners
- Prep SportsBaseball: Dundee-Crown rebounds with win over DeKalb
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Wheaton North wins 3rd straight DuKane title
- Prep SportsWater polo: Stevenson boys, girls both win sectional championships
- NewsHighland Park hires Dan Woulfe as Giants football coach
- Prep SportsBaseball: Libertyville clinches share of NSC crown
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Viator cruises to 1st conference title in 20 years
- Prep SportsBaseball: Buffalo Grove snaps Conant's 5-game win streak
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles East's 7-run 7th clinches DuKane title
- Prep SportsSoftball: Crystal Lake South rallies from 6 down to beat Burlington Central
- Prep SportsSoftball: Barrington's Peterson wins 900th game
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Halloran's 6 goals spark Fremd to MSL championship