Columns | Rozner: Cubs' Ross intending to manage his way
There will be much scrutiny of new Cubs manager David Ross in the way he goes about his business, but it sounds like he intends to think for himself.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | LaVine gives Cavs an all-star samplerZach LaVine had a fourth quarter to remember, scoring 21 of his 42 points to lead the Bulls to a 118-116 comeback victory over Cleveland on Friday at the United Center. The Bulls trailed by 15 heading into the fourth quarter.
Cubs | Baez would be 'grateful' to spend entire career with CubsJavier Baez has had contract extension talks with the Chicago Cubs, but so far there is no deal in place. Still two years away from being eligible for free agency, Baez is remains hopeful a long-term deal will get done.
Bears | Why upgrading tight end position is Bears' biggest offseason needThe near-nonexistent production from Bears tight ends was a monstrous detriment to the entire offense. In the offseason, the Bears desperately need someone who can at least be a blocking force and give Matt Nagy flexibility.
College Sports | Reed scores 23 points, DePaul upsets No. 5 Butler 79-66Paul Reed scored 23 points on 8-of-9 shooting in DePaul's 79-66 upset win over No. 5 Butler
Bulls | Markkanen's vanishing act remains topic of concernBefore facing Cleveland on Saturday, Bulls coach Jim Boylen answered questions about what will take get Lauri Markkanen more involved. The third-year forward took 2 shots and didn't score in the second half of Friday's loss at Philadelphia.
Fire | Chicago Fire adds striker BericThe Chicago Fire announced it has acquired Slovenian striker Robert Beric on transfer from Saint Etienne in France.
Wolves | Quinney hat trick powers Wolves past AdmiralsCenter Gage Quinney recorded his second career hat trick to lead the Chicago Wolves to a 4-1 victory over the league-leading Milwaukee Admirals on Saturday night at Allstate Arena.
College Sports | No. 24 Illinois hangs on to beat Northwestern 75-71Trent Frazier scored 16 points, including hitting four 3-pointers, to lead No. 24 Illinois to a 75-71 win over Northwestern
NFL | Stopping Titans RB Derrick Henry a goal for ChiefsFor the Kansas City Chiefs, stopping the run in their AFC championship game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday isn't just the first order of business
Bulls | Windy City Bulls come up a bit short in loss to Erie BayhawksThe Windy City Bulls came up just shy of a victory in Erie, Pennsylvania on Saturday night, 100-99.
- 12:09 AMLaVine scores 42, Chicago rallies late to beat Cavs 118-116
- 12:00 AMTobias Harris' late 3 seals Sixers' win over Knicks
- 11:49 PMD'Angelo Russell shines, Warriors end 10-game losing streak
- 11:44 PMToews shines as Blackhawks beat Maple Leafs 6-2
- 11:32 PMNo. 2 Baylor women Big 12-record 45th straight league win
- Boys' BasketballWheaton Warrenville South opens with a win
- Boys' BasketballKochera hits for 40 as St. Viator routs Waukegan
- Girls' BasketballNaperville North beats one of Indiana's finest
- Girls' BasketballStutelberg's plan results in success for Glenbard West
- Boys' BasketballHalaburt headlines Carmel victory at Montini
- Girls' BasketballMaine West falls to Indiana power
- Prep SportsGirls bowling: Barrington's O'Byrn fires 300 game
- Girls' BasketballBartlett takes 'crazy' game from Lake Park
- Boys' BasketballDeKalb charges by Burlington Central in final minute
- Boys' BasketballLakes unable to soak up win in MLK opener
- Girls' BasketballStevenson's second half does in Palatine
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Girls' BasketballBalanced Rosary wins on road at St. Edward
Through the Film Magnifier: Dallas Green, Tony LaRussa, The Lone Ranger, electric cars, a war protest and more