Cubs | Former Cubs pitcher Lee Smith inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame
Lee Smith has been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Former White Sox slugger Harold Baines inducted into Baseball Hall of FameHarold Baines has been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
White Sox | Snell, d'Arnaud help Rays beat Chicago White Sox to end 5-game skidBlake Snell struck out 10 in 6 scoreless innings, Travis d'Arnaud hit his first grand slam and the Tampa Bay Rays on Sunday stopped their longest losing streak of the year at five games by beating the Chicago White Sox 4-2.
Cubs | Hendricks solid, but Chicago Cubs offense comes up shortThe pictures are coming in to focus for the Chcago Cubs. Small picture, things look good even after Sunday's 5-1 loss to the San Diego Padres at Wrigley Field. Big picture? That will come into focus over the next 10 days.
Cubs | Cubs' Maddon still has 'a lot of confidence' in StropChicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon says he has full faith in setup man Pedro Strop.
Bears | Chicago Bears know special teams are much more than the kickerThe Chicago Bears took a step in the right direction concerning special teams by adding Cordarrelle Patterson.
Columns | Pace on Bears' kicking dilemma: 'It's kind of an open competition'The Bears officially ended their 5-and-a-half-week summer vacation Sunday and kicked off the 2019 NFL season with their traditional general manager, head coach news conference to start the season four days prior to training camp opening Thursday in Bourbonnais.
College Sports | Big Ten football, from top to bottomIt's almost time to kick off another season of Big Ten football. Wisconsin looks like the team to beat in the tightly-packed West division while Michigan appears to have a slight edge in the East.
MLB | Yanks' Voit: 'I thought broken jaw' when hit by Bettis pitchWhen first hit by a Chad Bettis pitch, Yankees slug Luke Voit thought his jaw was broken; instead, he suffered cut chin and some swelling
MLB | Mariano Rivera closes Hall of Fame induction ceremonyLarge crowd greets 6 new baseball Hall of Famers; Mariano Rivera fittingly closes induction ceremony
Pro Sports | Delle Donne scores 28 to help Mystics beat Dream 93-65Elena Delle Donne scored 28 points on 10-of-13 shooting to help the Washington Mystics rout the Atlanta Dream 93-65 on Sunday
- 7:41 PMAtlanta United strikes late in 2-0 victory over DC United
- 7:39 PMRevolution beats FC Cincinnati 2-0, extends unbeaten streak
- 7:36 PMPhils win in Pittsburgh on Hoskins' HR; fan walks to plate
- 7:28 PMQuigley, Dolson score 19 apiece as Sky beat Fever 78-70
- 7:24 PMKevin Harvick holds off Denny Hamlin at New Hampshire
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more