Cubs | Cubs squander 6-0 lead, lose to Atlanta thanks to costly Suzuki error
The Cubs jumped to a 6-0 lead in Atlanta on Tuesday, but gave it all back and lost 7-6. The go-ahead run scored in the eighth inning after a fairly routine fly ball sailed past Seiya Suzuki's glove for an error.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Getz takes first of multiple deep dives in attempt to salvage sinking White SoxOn the job for nearly a month, general manager Chris Getz has spent most of his time examining the White Sox's day-to-day operations. After the season, he'll shift his focus to making numerous roster decisions.
Columns | Never a typical day: How Huntley sports family balances work, playMike Naymola, Huntley's second-year head football coach, and his wife Karen, now in her 11th year as the Red Raiders' head girls volleyball coach, plan to keep writing chapters of success in their respective programs. Stories about husbands and wives who coach are fairly common, right? Well, yes, but you don't run across many who coach a high-leverage sport in the same season, and with daughters playing volleyball for their mom, too.
White Sox | Robert Jr.'s season over as White Sox center fielder goes on IL with mild MCL sprainLuis Robert Jr.'s fantastic 2023 season is over. The center fielder will miss the final six games after the Chicago White Sox placed him on the 10-day injured list Tuesday with a mild MCL sprain in his left knee.
White Sox | Robert's impressive season ends, Sox get blown out by ArizonaBefore the White Sox were blown out by the Diamondbacks 15-4 at Guaranteed Rate Field Tuesday night, star center fielder Luis Robert Jr.'s season came to and end due to a left knee injury.
Cubs | If Cubs fall short of playoffs, April's Velazquez decision may prove costlyHow can the Cubs use their top-five ranked farm system to turn the major-league squad into a World Series contender? That's a great question, considering they haven't given their rookie position players much playing time last year, and now Nelson Velazquez is hitting home runs at a torrid pace for Kansas City.
Bears | Eberflus believes in Fields: 'We just need to see the fruits of the labor'Bears coach Matt Eberflus focused on the individual details a day after his team suffered a 41-10 loss to Kansas City on Sunday.
Blackhawks | Bedard wows at Blackhawks scrimmage -- but so does ReichelExpectations for Connor Bedard will be sky high all season, so fans and reporters were certainly curious to see how the Blackhawks rookie would fare in the first scrimmage of training camp. Needless to say, he did not disappoint.
MLB | Brooks Robinson, Orioles third baseman with 16 Gold Gloves, has diedHall of Fame third baseman Brooks Robinson, whose deft glovework and folksy manner made him one of the most beloved and accomplished athletes in Baltimore history, has died. He was 86. The Orioles announced his death in a joint statement with Robinson's family Tuesday. The statement did not say how Robinson died.
Business of Sports | Andre Dawson to greet fans at Arlington Heights bankAfter months of renovations, officials at Village Bank & Trust in Arlington Heights will cut the ribbon in their new lobby Wednesday evening.
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball: Bardouniotis, St. Charles North rally past St. Charles EastNothing was going right for St. Charles North.
- 10:20 PMBoys soccer: Palatine moves closer to MSL West title
- 7:17 PMBeneficial rivalry: North Central, Wheaton have pushed each other to greater success
- 9:44 AMBoys soccer / Top 20
- 9:40 AMFootball / Top 20
- 7:00 AMCook and Lake County girls volleyball notes: Basketball star O'Riordan making impact in a second sport at Barrington
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Bardouniotis, St. Charles North rally past St. Charles East
- Prep SportsNever a typical day: How Huntley sports family balances work, play
- Prep SportsCook and Lake County girls volleyball notes: Basketball star O'Riordan making impact in a second sport at Barrington
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Palatine moves closer to MSL West title
- Prep SportsDuPage County and Fox boys soccer notes: DVC race coming down to the wire
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep SportsBoys soccer / Top 20
- Prep FootballFitzpatrick, Barrington run by Fremd
- Prep SportsCross country: Jacobs boys, CL South girls take titles at Bartlett
- Prep SportsCross country: Hersey boys impress at Palatine invite; York wins girls race
- Prep FootballBatavia pulls out 23-17 win over Wheaton North; 5-0 Geneva next
- Prep FootballWarren roars back in second half to upend Lake Zurich
- Prep FootballBall bounces Wauconda's way in win over Graylake Central
- Prep FootballDefense leads the way as Prospect routs Rolling Meadows
- Prep FootballDespite losing top RB Ball, Palatine wins shootout over Hoffman Estates