Cubs | Pitcher Stroman uses Twitter to announce he'll be joining Cubs
The Chicago Cubs have reached an agreement with free-agent starting pitcher Marcus Stroman, a free agent right-hander who pitched for the Mets last season.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Former White Sox Cy Young winner LaMarr Hoyt dies at 66LaMarr Hoyt, who spent six seasons with the White Sox and won the American League Cy Young Award in 1983, died Monday in Columbia, S.C. He was 66.
Bulls | With Vucevic more involved, Bulls show signs of dangerous offenseThe Bulls have been trying to get center Nikola Vucevic going this season. When he went 6-for-6 from 3-point land and scored 30 points, the Bulls hit a season-high with 133 points in Monday's win over Charlotte.
Columns | What's the solution for Hawks' struggling power play?No team is struggling more than the Blackhawks on the power play over the last month. So it was hardly a surprise the Hawks spent the majority of their practice time trying to find solutions Wednesday at Fifth Third Arena.
Bears | Fields returns to practice, but Dalton gets starter repsSean Hammond: Rookie Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields returned to practice Wednesday, but veteran Andy Dalton took all the snaps.
Columns | Bulls losing 2nd-round pick after NBA finds they violated tampering rulesThe NBA concluded its tampering investigation Wednesday and announced the Bulls would forfeit a second-round draft pick for making early contact with representatives of free-agent guard Lonzo Ball last summer.
White Sox | White Sox sign Graveman to 3-year, $24 million contractAfter going a combined 5-1 with a 1.77 ERA and 10 saves with the Mariners and Astros last season, 30-year-old relief pitcher Kendall Graveman is joining the White Sox on a three-year, $24 million deal.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Double guaranteed -- someone will coach The Fighting Irish next seasonJim O'Donnell: Notre Dame football will be in good hands ... no matter who the coach is.
Bears | Bears Down, Nerd Up: Quinn on track to have one of best seasons by a Bears pass rusherRobert Quinn is having a resurgent season. He recorded a sack last week against Detroit, bringing his season total to 11. Quinn is now the first Bears player with 11 or more sacks since Khalil Mack had 12.5 sacks in 2018 during Mack's first season in Chicago.
White Sox | Hahn not sure when next roster move will be after Sox bring back Garcia on 3-year dealIn what could be their last roster move for an extended period, the Chicago White Sox brought back versatile veteran Leury Garcia on a three-year, $16.5 million contract Wednesday.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Strome getting another chance to prove himselfAfter sitting out the last two games as a healthy scratch, Chicago Blackhawks forward Dylan Strome skated on the wing with Alex DeBrincat and Kirby Dach during practice at Fifth Third Arena on Tuesday.
- Girls' BasketballMcLaughlin, Batavia dump Lake Park
- Girls' BasketballGirls basketball: AP Top Ten
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: AP Top Ten
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Scouting the 2021-2022 season in Lake County
- Prep SportsBoys bowling: Scouting the 2021-2022 season in Lake County
- Girls' BasketballBuffalo Grove's defense shuts down Jacobs
- Boys' BasketballCrystal Lake South gets past Dundee-Crown
- Lake ForestCarmel routs Lake Forest in battle of unbeatens
- Girls' BasketballBalanced Burlington Central puts away Hampshire
- Prep SportsGirls bowling: Scouting the 2021-2022 season in the Northwest suburbs
- Girls' BasketballWednesday's basketball results
- Prep FootballPardun stepping down as Hersey's head coach
- Girls' BasketballSt. Charles East tops Waubonsie in home opener
- Girls' BasketballHuntley rolls in Fox Valley opener
- Girls' BasketballTuesday's basketball results