Bears | Chicago Bears' defense doubles down when faced with adversity
Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy is excited about how his defense responded to adversity in Sunday's win at Carolina.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Hub Arkush: It feels impossible that these Bears are 5-1Although the defense is starting to look extremely dangerous and special teams are among the best in the league, it feels near impossible the Bears can be 5-1 with this offense.
Bears | Tight ends no longer a forgotten position for BearsThere's plenty to worry about with the Bears' offense, but let's focus on a rather nice development: the tight ends.
Columns | Rozner: Crawford's Blackhawks years will stand test of timeCorey Crawford's place in Blackhawks history is secure, but it was not always so.
Prep Sports | Hersey's Sheldon used golf to save his tennis careerHersey senior Max Sheldon didn't drop sports in high school in order to specialize in one. Just the opposite. He added a sport. In fact, Sheldon picked up golf and he wound up using it to save his tennis career. Next year, he'll be playing college tennis at Michigan State.
Prep Sports | IHSA meeting on Oct. 28 to give details on winter sportsThe Illinois High School Association has announced it will host a special board meeting to discuss details about how winter sports will proceed.
College Sports | Illinois, Wisconsin ready to kick off strange Big Ten seasonIllinois and Wisconsin will kick off the 125th season of Big Ten football Friday night in Madison.
NHL | Mike 'Doc' Emrick, beloved voice of hockey in US, retiresHall of Fame hockey broadcaster Mike Emrick has announced his retirement after almost 50 years behind the microphone
NFL | On Football: Packers, Browns, Patriots not so realAaron Rodgers throwing two picks in three passes
NFL | Column: Fangio breath of fresh air during pandemic footballDenver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio has emerged as the voice of reason as the NFL scrambles to deal with a spattering of coronavirus cases on teams across the league
College Sports | Attny: Iowa saying no to demands only emboldens ex-playersThe attorney representing eight Black former Iowa football players who allege racial discrimination during their time with the Hawkeyes said the university's rejection of their demands, which included a payment of $20 million, is not the end of the matter
- 9:00 AMThis Date in Baseball
- 7:51 AMMadrid likely without injured Ramos vs depleted Shakhtar
- 6:38 AMGreece reverses plan on fans ahead of Champions League match
- 4:37 AMBack in the bubble, Chinese Super League into playoff stages
- 2:20 AMWorld Series set to begin with Los Angeles facing Tampa Bay in Game 1
- Prep SportsIHSA meeting on Oct. 28 to give details on winter sports
- Prep SportsHersey's Sheldon used golf to save his tennis career
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Fremd captures sectional championship
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Jacobs secures first sectional title since 2013
- Prep SportsAfter 19 seasons, Vernon Hills baseball coach Czarnecki steps down
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Neuqua Valley garners sectional championship
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Stevenson sectional finals delayed to Tuesday
- Prep SportsCross country: St. Charles East's Schildmeyer, Batavia's Schlenker DKC champs
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: St. Charles East nabs 2nd straight sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls tennis roundup: Maine West freshman Dockal a sectional champ
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Glenbard West dominates Schaumburg sectional
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Sectional meets will serve as a mythical state final
- Prep SportsNew app adds to high school golf experience
- Prep SportsBarrington's Bouchard, Lake Forest team take titles at Rockford Auburn Sectional
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Wheaton Academy's Dykema claims sectional title
Images; Through the Film Magnifier: Carlton Fisk, The Kingston Trio, Dudley Moore, a beard contest and more