Blackhawks | Things click for Chicago Blackhawks in first win
The Chicago Blackhawks get their first victory of the young season, defeating the visiting Edmonton Oilers 3-1 on Monday night.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Espada, Kapler next up as Cubs continue search for new managerAs they continue their search for a new manager, the Cubs were to interview Astros bench coach Joe Espada Monday. The Cubs are also scheduled to meet with former Phillies manager Gabe Kapler this week.
Bears | Nagy assesses Chicago Bears injury situationChicago Bears quarterback Mitch Trubisky practices Monday, defensive end Akiem Hicks still out indefinitely and offensive lineman Kyle Long is out for the season.
Bulls | Chicago Bulls trying to catch up to NBA's 3-point trendThe Chicago Bulls have been launching 3-point shots with abandon during the preseason, hitting a peak with 49 attempts Sunday in Toronto. They're trying to catch up to the NBA trend of recent years.
Blackhawks | Nylander returns to Chicago Blackhawks lineup, scores big goalForward Alexander Nylander returned to the Chicago Blackhawks' lineup against Edmonton on Monday after sitting the previous game as a healthy scratch. Also notes on Corey Crawford starting and a comment from Andrew Shaw about Niklas Hjalmarsson's injury.
Sports | Bears' bye week tough for many future opponentsIt was a rough Sunday for many of the league's supposed contenders, with all of the Bears' opponents between Weeks 7-16 outside of the NFC North -- the Los Angeles Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams and Dallas Cowboys -- losing, including all but the Eagles going down as favorites.
Bulls | LaVine scoring with ease, but still plans to improve defenseZach LaVine has been scoring with ease so far in preseason. That's a good sign, but it's too soon to tell if that can translate to more wins for the Bulls or an all-star appearance for LaVine.
MLB | LEADING OFF: Nats a win from 1st World Series, Cole vs YanksLEADING OFF: Nationals go for sweep of slumping Cards and first World Series in Washington since 1933, Cole seeks 19th straight win as ALCS shifts to New York for Game 3 with Astros and Yankees tied
MLB | Severino, New York will face Houston in Game 3 of ALCSThe Yankees and Astros are tied 1-1 in the ALCS with Game 3 scheduled for Tuesday
College Sports | First-half surprises include stingy Wisconsin, LSU's BurrowFirst-half surprises include No. 6 Wisconsin's rise up the polls, LSU's Joe Burrow's emergence as Heisman contender
- 10:30 AMBrowns' Mayfield slowed by hip injury, limited in practice
- 10:21 AMJazz pairing improved offense with already tough defense
- 10:17 AMCole, unbeaten since May, transformed by Astros analytics
- 10:13 AMLions latest victims of NFL's flag football problem
- 10:02 AMNorth Korea holds South Korea to 0-0 in World Cup qualifier
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Math adds up for Barrington, not for Stevenson
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep FootballDuPage County: Tuesday Morning Quarterback
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Top 20
- Prep SportsThis week's boys soccer Top 20
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Stevenson, Barrington's Smith master Prospect sectional field
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Glenbard West's Wild stands out
- Prep SportsGirls golf: St. Francis' Lemke claims top honors at sectional
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Inspired York advances to state
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Lishchynsky, Crystal Lake South capture sectional titles
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Monday, Oct. 14
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Monday, Oct. 14
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Monday, Oct. 14
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Barrington dethrones Fremd as MSL champ
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Monday, Oct. 14