Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Kane gets 1,000th career point in win over Jets
Patrick Kane became the 90th player in NHL history to record 1,000 points in his career during a 5-2 victory over Winnipeg.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Ross blocks out negatives, locks in on Cubs winning World SeriesThere was a lenghty list of negative storylines at the Cubs Convention over the weekend, but David Ross wasn't buying any of them. The Chicago Cubs' new manager is only concerned with one thing this season, winning the World Series.
Pro Sports | 49ers, Rolling Meadows grad Garoppolo beat Packers for Super Bowl berthRaheem Mostert rushed for 220 yards and four touchdowns to make quarterback (and Rolling Meadows High School grad) Jimmy Garoppolo mostly a spectator, Nick Bosa harassed Aaron Rodgers from the start and the San Francisco 49ers beat the Green Bay Packers 37-20 for the NFC championship on Sunday.
Bulls | Have the Bulls underachieved this season? A discussion with analyst Will PerdueMike McGraw invited former Bulls center and current NBC Sports Chicago studio analyst Will Perdue to discuss whether or not the Bulls have underachieved this season.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Lehner makes 36 saves in win over WinnipegRobin Lehner made 36 saves -- 9 of which came during a four-minute Winnipeg power play -- in backstopping the Chicago Blackhawks to a 5-2 victory over the Jets at the United Center on Sunday. Alex Nylander, Erik Gustafsson, David Kampf, Brandon Saad and Dominik Kubalik scored as the Hawks ran their winning streak to five straight.
Cubs | Baez would be 'grateful' to spend entire career with CubsJavier Baez has had contract extension talks with the Chicago Cubs, but so far there is no deal in place. Still two years away from being eligible for free agency, Baez is remains hopeful a long-term deal will get done.
Bears | Why upgrading tight end position is Bears' biggest offseason needThe near-nonexistent production from Bears tight ends was a monstrous detriment to the entire offense. In the offseason, the Bears desperately need someone who can at least be a blocking force and give Matt Nagy flexibility.
College Sports | No. 14 DePaul women beat Butler, own 3rd in a 15-point winSonya Morris scored 22 points and Deja Church had a double-double and No. 14-ranked DePaul beat Butler 80-65
College Sports | No. 4 UConn extends AAC streak to 127 with rout of TulsaMegan Walker scored 24 points and the No. 4 UConn women routed Tulsa 92-34 to extend their American Athletic Conference winning streak to 127 games
Fire | Chicago Fire adds striker BericThe Chicago Fire announced it has acquired Slovenian striker Robert Beric on transfer from Saint Etienne in France.
- 12:47 AMSetién rekindles Barcelona's passing style in first game
- 12:28 AMHappy families: Osaka, Williams win openers in Australia
- 12:27 AMThird-ranked Stanford edges No. 8 Oregon State
- 12:26 AMDuffy helps No. 25 South Dakota women top state rival 83-48
- 11:33 PMMostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Boys' BasketballWheaton Warrenville South opens with a win
- Boys' BasketballKochera hits for 40 as St. Viator routs Waukegan
- Girls' BasketballNaperville North beats one of Indiana's finest
- Girls' BasketballStutelberg's plan results in success for Glenbard West
- Boys' BasketballHalaburt headlines Carmel victory at Montini
- Girls' BasketballMaine West falls to Indiana power
- Prep SportsGirls bowling: Barrington's O'Byrn fires 300 game
- Girls' BasketballBartlett takes 'crazy' game from Lake Park
- Boys' BasketballDeKalb charges by Burlington Central in final minute
- Boys' BasketballLakes unable to soak up win in MLK opener
- Girls' BasketballStevenson's second half does in Palatine
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Girls' BasketballBalanced Rosary wins on road at St. Edward
Through the Film Magnifier: Dallas Green, Tony LaRussa, The Lone Ranger, electric cars, a war protest and more