Blackhawks | Hawks don't plan to squander second playoff chance
Do. Not. Waste. This. Chance. That's the mindset of each and every Chicago Blackhawks player as they prepare to face Edmonton in a best-of-five play-in series in August.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | It's time for fall season in some sports to be put on holdThe time has come for the state and Illinois High School Association to put some fall sports on an indefinite hold.
Blackhawks | Shaw expects to return to Blackhawks next seasonAndrew Shaw, out since December with a concussion, took to Instagram on Monday night to tell Blackhawks fans that he expects to return for the 2020-21 campaign. "Doing well and getting better every day," Shaw wrote. "I feel healthy and am close to fully being healed from not just my last concussion, but from others I have had over the years."
Cubs | Ross back with Cubs after being 'miserable' waiting for test resultsCubs manager David Ross returned to Wrigley Field after being "miserable" sitting out Monday's workout.
Cubs | Ross, 5 other Cubs team members miss morning workout due to delayed test resultsManager David Ross and five other Tier 1 individuals from the Cubs missed Monday's workout because of delayed COVID-19 test results.
Fire | Bolingbrook's Pineda scores game-winner for Chicago FireThe Chicago Fire defeated the Seattle Sounders in the Fire's opening game at the MLS is Back tournament in Orlando.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks return to ice, but Crawford is 'unfit to play'On the first day of Chicago Blackhawks training camp Monday, veteran goalie Corey Crawford was deemed "unfit to play."
Columns | WGA amateur tourneys allowed one spectator per participantSpectators will be scarce at the WGA's two upcoming amateur championships. Each of the 120 participants in the 120th Women's Western Amateur, which begins on Monday, will be allowed to bring only one spectator onto the grounds at Prestwick Country Club in south suburban Frankfort.
Prep Sports | Clubhouse Chatter: Suggest a new name for NFL's Washington teamClubhouse Chatter: Here are a few proposals for the name change of Washington's NFL team.
Prep Sports | IHSA will now defer to state agencies for guidanceThe Illinois High School Association announced on Tuesday afternoon that it will defer to the Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois State Board of Education and the governor's office on all of its Return To Play guidelines moving forward.
Prep Football | No ignoring reality that Red Grange Classic won't happenWheaton Warrenville South's annual Red Grange Classic is regarded as one of the state's top 7-on-7 tournaments. It won't take place this summer, however, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to delay the return of football.
- 6:29 PMYanks' Tanaka unsure whether he can take 1st rotation turn
- 6:28 PMCubs 1B Anthony Rizzo dealing with back trouble
- 6:02 PMMATCHDAY: Liverpool at Arsenal chasing record PL points haul
- 5:59 PMPuig picks Braves, Glasnow makes strong return to Rays
- 5:40 PMBenfica wins to keep Porto from clinching Portuguese title
- Prep FootballIt's time for fall season in some sports to be put on hold
- Prep SportsIHSA will now defer to state agencies for guidance
- Prep FootballNo ignoring reality that Red Grange Classic won't happen
- Prep FootballIHSA exec: Decisions on how to return must be made in next 2 weeks
- NewsLake Zurich District 95 suspends all sports camps after athletes test positive for COVID-19
- Prep SportsHersey names Glenbrook South grad Nabolotny to lead boys lacrosse program
- Prep FootballNo more contact (for now) in high school practices as IHSA tightens Phase 4 guidelines
- Prep SportsFull plate: High school athletic trainers tending to more than injuries
- Prep Sports'Virtual' fist-bumps: High school baseball returns amid the pandemic
- Prep FootballIllinois has worked hard to get prep sports started. Can we keep it up?
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Michigan State
- Prep SportsHoffman Estates soccer legend Ken Snow dies
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Suggest a new name for NFL's Washington team
- Des Plaines'Someone who never quit': Des Plaines man dies a month after motorcycle crash
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Name your all-time NBA starting five
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more