White Sox | Giolito deals, bats deliver in Chicago White Sox's 4-1 win vs. A's in Game 1
Playing their first postseason game in 12 years, the Chicago White Sox beat the Athletics 4-1 at Oakland Coliseum behind a command performance by their ace Lucas Giolito.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Hendricks gets Game 1 start, calls Darvish the Cubs' aceThe way the Cubs' pitching rotation fell, it seemed likely they would use Kyle Hendricks in Game 1 of the wild card series and manager David Ross made it official Tuesday.
White Sox | Sprained foot keeps Eloy Jimenez out of White Sox's starting lineup for Game 1Hoping to be in the lineup for Game 1 of the playoffs against Oakland today, White Sox left fielder Eloy Jimenez is out again with a sprained right foot.
Columns | Rozner: Against odds, Bettman and NHL players finish jobNHL could have cashed it in, but instead Gary Bettman and the players reached the finish line and handed out the best trophy in sports.
Cubs | Marlins confident their young pitchers can send Chicago Cubs fishingThe Miami Marlins navigated some tough circumstances to reach the playoffs for the first time in 17 years. So they're sounding confident heading into Game 1 against the Chicago Cubs on Wedneday.
Prep Sports | Report: Lawsuit filed against IHSA over fall sportsA group of student athletes and parents have sued the Illinois High School Association, demanding the return of fall sports, according to an ABC 7 Chicago report.
Sports | Evan Gregor: Go big on fall baitFishing columnist Evan Gregor says the cool weather is the time to bump up the bait.
Prep Sports | Boys golf: Barrington scrambles for MSL crownSteady play from Barrington throughout dual meet and tournament play netted the Broncos the Mid-Suburban League boys golf championship.
Prep Sports | Girls golf: Sulkar, Janess lead Barrington to MSL crownBarrington junior golfers Sophia Sulkar and Mara Janess are completely different golfers. But they sure come up with similar results. They were two of the best golfers in the state last year, and they showed on a cold and breezy Tuesday afternoon at Arlington Lakes Golf Club that they haven't missed a beat.
Prep Sports | Boys golf: Geneva earns DuKane Conference titleGeneva did not look like a team playing in its first 18-hole competition of the season during Tuesday's DuKane Conference meet at Bartlett Hills Golf Club in Bartlett. With six Vikings turning in rounds between 77 and 82, Geneva (315) was able to hold off Lake Park (321) and Wheaton Warrenville South (322). Batavia (338) was fourth.
Columns | U of I's Small leads way at IPGA Player ChampionshipThe Illinois PGA will unveil a new format and site for its Players Championship next week at Conway Farms in Lake Forest.
- 10:47 AMCubs put C Phegley, INF Vargas on playoff roster
- 10:39 AMBarkley loaned to Villa as Chelsea starts trimming squad
- 10:33 AMGroundbreaking female referee Bibiana Steinhaus to retire
- 10:33 AMNFL says Sunday's Steelers-Titans game being postponed, moved to Monday or Tuesday amid Titans' coronavirus outbreak
- 10:08 AMBarcelona close to signing young American defender Dest
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Barrington scrambles for MSL crown
- Prep SportsReport: Lawsuit filed against IHSA over fall sports
- Prep SportsGirls golf: St. Charles North grinds to DuKane title
- Prep SportsWW South's Harvey, Burlington Central's Schmidt tabbed for ITCCCA Hall of Fame
- Prep SportsIHSA extends postseason for golf, cross country
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Geneva earns DuKane Conference title
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Sulkar, Janess lead Barrington to MSL crown
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Wauconda, Neuqua Valley claim conference titles
- Prep SportsBoys golf: South Elgin, Neuqua Valley, Wheaton Academy claim conference titles
- Prep SportsIC Catholic Prep girls, Harvest Christian boys run away with titles
- Prep SportsSoftball: Barrington's Albrecht chooses North Dakota
- Prep FootballIHSA's Anderson reacts to Pritzker's comments on high school sports
- Prep FootballIn crowded NU QB room, Ramsey trying to pull away from the pack
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Is it any fun watching sports on TV with no (or few) fans?
- Prep SportsGolfers kick off fall postseason with conference tourneys
Images; Through the Film Magnifier: Carlton Fisk, The Kingston Trio, Dudley Moore, a beard contest and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more