Columns | Arkush: Day after Thanksgiving finds Matt Nagy in full cleanup mode
Friday with Matt Nagy at Halas Hall was a time for the Bears' head coach to relax just a bit and attempt to complete a final cleanup of the ugly mess that stalked his ball club throughout the week.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Vucevic helps Bulls get back on track during return to OrlandoNikola Vucevic had a successful return to his former home as the Bulls rolled to a 123-88 victory over the Orlando Magic on Friday, ending a two-game losing streak.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Frenzied week means that All Things Bears are in play, including Arlington ParkLast Monday morning, the Chicago Bears were worth an estimated $4 billion. Today, those same Bears are estimated to be worth $4 billion. In between was the week that was. And what a week it was.
Blackhawks | Alex DeBrincat scores in OT, Blackhawks beat Blues 3-2Alex DeBrincat scored 1:27 into overtime and the Chicago Blackhawks overcame an early two-goal deficit to beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2 on Friday.
Columns | Lincicome: When the Bears go looking for their next head coach, don't expect muchThe great advantage for the next Bears coach is that he has no shoes to fill. Matt Nagy is leaving barely any footprints. The Bears have had only one coach, George Halas, and all the rest have been a succession of hollow hoodies.
Prep Football | Scouting the Class 6A football championship game between Cary-Grove and East St. LouisHere's a look at Saturday's Class 6A football state championship game between Cary-Grove and East St. Louis.
Prep Football | Scouting the Class 8A championship game between Maine South and LockportHere's a look at the Class 8A football championship game between Maine South and Lockport.
Prep Football | Spring success key to Wheaton North's state runHere's a look at Saturday's Class 7A football state championship game between Wheaton North and St. Rita.
Boys' Basketball | Libertyville holds off St. Viator in OTLibertyville's boys basketball team used a pair of runs in the fourth quarter and overtime to beat St. Viator 48-41 in the opening game of Day 4 of the 44th annual St. Viator Thanksgiving Classic Friday afternoon in Arlington Heights.
Boys' Basketball | Hononegah overtakes Barrington in second halfBarrington led Hononegah 36-23 at halftime Saturday afternoon at the Tom Mueller boys basketball Thanksgiving tournament at Crystal Lake Central. However, the second half was a nightmare for Barrington,which lost to the 3-0 Indians 54-53.
Boys' Basketball | WW South handles Fremd to reach Fenton title gameWheaton Warrenville South's boys basketball team shot down Fremd 54-33 Friday in the final round of pool play at the Fenton Thanksgiving Tournament in Bensenville.
Boys' Basketball | Hot-shooting Evans helps Stevenson dump PalatineStevenson senior guard Jaden Evans wore out the Palatine defense Friday, scoring all 21 of his points via the 3-pointer in the Patriots' 53-44 boys basketball victory.
Boys' Basketball | Oswego East's defense denies Neuqua Valley tourney titleOswego East held Neuqua Valley to just three second-half field goals to pull away from a three-point halftime lead. DeVon Oregon scored a game-high 19 points, and the Wolves went on to a 53-33 win in the championship game of the Hoops for Healing Tournament at Oswego High School. Oregon scored 14 of his 19 in the first half, helping Oswego East (4-0) build a 14-point lead. Neuqua Valley (2-2), though, erased almost all of that with an 11-0 run to end the half capped off by Mark Mennecke's 3-pointer in the final seconds that made it 27-24.
- Prep FootballSpring success key to Wheaton North's state run
- Prep FootballScouting the Class 6A football championship game between Cary-Grove and East St. Louis
- Prep FootballScouting the Class 8A championship game between Maine South and Lockport
- Boys' BasketballHononegah overtakes Barrington in second half
- Boys' BasketballLibertyville holds off St. Viator in OT
- Boys' BasketballOverstreet sparks Grayslake Central past Crystal Lake Central
- Boys' BasketballHuntley earns tourney title with win over Wauconda
- Boys' BasketballWW South handles Fremd to reach Fenton title game
- Boys' BasketballHot-shooting Evans helps Stevenson dump Palatine
- Boys' BasketballOswego East's defense denies Neuqua Valley tourney title
- Prep FootballJoliet Catholic, Byron claim state titles
- Boys' BasketballScouting the Southwest Prairie
- Boys' BasketballBatavia blows out Marmion behind Tousana's 33
- Boys' BasketballFawcett, WW South impress in win over Timothy Christian
- Boys' BasketballBalanced Warren dumps Lakes