Columns | Hub Arkush: Sunday is Andy Dalton's day. Will Bears fans give him a chance?
Week 2 is too early for a "must-win" for any NFL team, and this weekend isn't going to dictate how the rest of the year plays out. But it probably will be one of the bigger games of starting quarterback Andy Dalton's career. It could very well begin writing his final chapter.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Arkush: Is the Bears defense over the hill? Group has questions to answer after Week 1Is the Bears defense getting old, or was Sunday's game a blip on the radar?
Cubs | Gonzales: How much will coaching play a role in developing new Cubs nucleus?Mark Gonzales: The Cubs coaching staff will likely play a major part in helping to develop the new nucleus of the Cubs' lineup.
Columns | Lincicome: There's no longer public indifference when it's Ryder Cup timeIt's time for the next patriotic taffy pull, also known as the Ryder Cup.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Manning brothers 'man cave' flashes potential in spotty 'Monday Night' premiereThe Manning brothers have a way to go on "Monday Night Football," columnist Jim O'Donnell says. The ESPN "alternative" to its regular "MNF" telecast -- featuring Peyton and Eli in a somewhat casual, uber-chatty Zoomer on ESPN2 and ESPN+ -- drew only 880,000 viewers in its debut this week.
White Sox | Rodon scheduled to start for White Sox vs. Tigers early next weekAs he gets ramped back up after dealing with shoulder soreness, Chicago White Sox left-hander Carlos Rodon is scheduled to make 2 more starts before the playoffs open.
Bears | Bears pass rush must rebound from quiet effort vs. RamsSean Hammond: The Bears struggled with having a good pass rush and good coverage in Sunday's loss to the Rams.
College Sports | Lombardi leading NIU back to where he helped Michigan State stun Wolverines last yearLooking at a prospective team's schedule wasn't a key factor when Rocky Lombardi was finding a school to join after deciding to leave Michigan State last year. So when Lombardi landed with the Huskies, he had no idea that a return trip to Michigan, the site of one of his best performances as a Spartan, was in the cards.
Prep Sports | Barrington adding eight to its hall of fameBarrington is adding to its sports hall of fame. On Friday, eight new members will have their plaques added to the trophy cases just outside the field house at Barrington High School. That will bring the total to 64 members. New members are selected every two years.
Blackhawks | Hawks, Nolan come to termsThe Blackhawks agreed to terms with defenseman Nolan Allan on Thursday on a three-year entry-level contract that runs through the 2023-24 season ($870,000 salary cap hit).
Prep Football | Football: Scouting Week 4 in the Northwest suburbsHere's a look at the Week 4 football matchups in the Northwest suburbs, highlighted by Glenbrook South (3-0) at Barrington (2-1) and Glenbrook North (2-1) at Hersey (3-0).
- 7:02 PMAt long last, Ballmer, Clippers break ground on new home
- 6:49 PMPelé in 'semi-intensive' care, daughter says he's doing well
- 5:55 PMCollege Football Hall of Fame DT Roger Brown dies at 84
- 5:27 PMStrikers score as Strasbourg beats Metz 3-0 in French league
- 5:20 PMPackers placing OLB Za'Darius Smith on IR due to back issue
- Prep FootballWauconda's Mills picks up honor from Chicago Bears
- Prep SportsBarrington adding eight to its hall of fame
- Prep FootballFootball: Scouting Week 4 in the Northwest suburbs
- Prep FootballScouting Week 4 DuPage County football games
- Prep FootballScouting Week 4 Fox football games
- Prep FootballFootball: Scouting Week 4 in Lake County
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Prospect, Barrington on MSL collision course
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Willowbrook handles Riverside-Brookfield
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Metea Valley puts away Downers South
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: York shuts out Geneva
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Burlington Central tops Cary-Grove
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Crystal Lake stays perfect
- NewsGIRLS VOLLEYBALL: GLENBROOK NORTH SPARTANS 2, GLENBROOK SOUTH TITANS 1
- NewsLoyola earns dominant win over St. Rita
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: South Elgin finds plenty to celebrate in win over Glenbard South