Cubs | Cubs' Rizzo day-to-day after MRI; 6 miss scrimmage while waiting for test results
The Cubs Wednesday announced first baseman Anthony Rizzo had an MRI Tuesday that showed inflammation on his left side that is causing his back spasms.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Chicago Blackhawks' Kubalik named Calder finalistAn incredible season has led to an incredible honor for Dominik Kubalik as the Blackhawks forward was named a Calder Trophy finalist Wednesday. "It's an honor. I just couldn't believe it," Kubalik said.
White Sox | Chicago is Masur's kind of baseball townGlenview native Andy Masur always wanted to broadcast major-league baseball, and he got his first shot with the Cubs. This season, Masur is moving to the South Side, replacing the late Ed Farmer in the White Sox's radio booth.
Columns | O'Donnell: All about restarts, retreads and Erin Andrews -- a midsummer buffetJim O'Donnell: Plenty of thoughts on his mind.
Blackhawks | Hawks don't plan to squander second playoff chanceDo. Not. Waste. This. Chance. That's the mindset of each and every Chicago Blackhawks player as they prepare to face Edmonton in a best-of-five play-in series in August.
Columns | Rozner: Eddie O raring to go with playoff hockeyEddie Olczyk has no idea who's going to win it all, but he does know the keys to surviving the Sprint Cup.
Blackhawks | Shaw expects to return to Blackhawks next seasonAndrew Shaw, out since December with a concussion, took to Instagram on Monday night to tell Blackhawks fans that he expects to return for the 2020-21 campaign.
White Sox | White Sox taxi squad set to begin training in Schaumburg on WednesdayThe White Sox's 16-player taxi squad will begin training at Boomers Stadium in Schaumburg Wednesday. "The stadium is exactly what we need," said Chris Getz, the Sox's director of player development.
Prep Sports | IHSA will now defer to state agencies for guidanceThe Illinois High School Association announced on Tuesday afternoon that it will defer to the Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois State Board of Education and the governor's office on all of its Return To Play guidelines moving forward.
Prep Football | No ignoring reality that Red Grange Classic won't happenWheaton Warrenville South's annual Red Grange Classic is regarded as one of the state's top 7-on-7 tournaments. It won't take place this summer, however, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to delay the return of football.
- 7:38 PMInside the bubble, NBA players have plenty of options
- 6:53 PMMarshall QB Isaiah Green enters transfer portal
- 6:17 PMCowboys' Prescott doesn't get deal to replace franchise tag
- 6:02 PMMATCHDAY: Real Madrid can seal 1st La Liga title in 3 years
- 5:59 PMJuve held 3-3 at Sassuolo, Lazio also draws against Udinese
- Prep FootballIt's time for fall season in some sports to be put on hold
- Prep SportsIHSA will now defer to state agencies for guidance
- Prep FootballNo ignoring reality that Red Grange Classic won't happen
- Prep FootballIHSA exec: Decisions on how to return must be made in next 2 weeks
- NewsLake Zurich District 95 suspends all sports camps after athletes test positive for COVID-19
- Prep SportsHersey names Glenbrook South grad Nabolotny to lead boys lacrosse program
- Prep FootballNo more contact (for now) in high school practices as IHSA tightens Phase 4 guidelines
- Prep SportsFull plate: High school athletic trainers tending to more than injuries
- Prep Sports'Virtual' fist-bumps: High school baseball returns amid the pandemic
- Prep FootballIllinois has worked hard to get prep sports started. Can we keep it up?
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Michigan State
- Prep SportsHoffman Estates soccer legend Ken Snow dies
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Question headline
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Suggest a new name for NFL's Washington team
- Des Plaines'Someone who never quit': Des Plaines man dies a month after motorcycle crash
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more