White Sox | Abreu accepts $17.8 million offer to stay with White Sox
First baseman Jose Abreu has accepted a $17.8 million qualifying offer to remain with the Chicago White Sox next year. Abreu led the American League with 123 RBI this season.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | O'Donnell: Godfather of 'Black Power' salute at Olympics says Bears could use KaepernickJim O'Donnell says Dr. Harry Edwards says Colin Kaepernick could find a home with the Bears.
Bears | Why Bears switched Whitehair and DanielsThree years ago, the Bears thrust Cody Whitehair into the starting center position as a rookie. So a surprise return to the position last week was nothing new for the fourth-year offensive lineman. Whitehair started at center through much of the past three season, including all of 2018, before flipping positions with left guard James Daniels prior to this season. Until last week. Whitehair made his return to center in a Week 10 win over the Detroit Lions, with Daniels moving back to left guard.
Prep Sports | Could be fathers vs. daughters matchup at state volleyballThe Benet and Fremd girls volleyball teams will be playing downstate in the IHSA Class 4A state finals this weekend at Redbird Arena in Normal. There's a crazy father-daughter connection between the two schools that even the dads and daughters still can't believe is happening.
Bulls | White stays hot, but Bulls can't finish off BucksCoby White stayed hot in the first half and the Bulls put up a pretty good fight in Milwaukee on Thursday. But they eventually lost to the Bucks 124-115 after being as close as 3 in the final two minutes.
Blackhawks | Is Kirby Dach's lack of ice time a problem?Although he has scored a pair of goals, Chicago Blackhawks rookie Kirby Dach has averaged less than 10 minutes of ice time in his last half-dozen appearances.
Bears | Bears RB Montgomery misses practice with sprained ankleTop pick David Montgomery was held out of Thursday's practice with an ankle injury and is in jeopardy of missing his first NFL game when the Bears visit the Los Angeles Rams Sunday night.
Bulls | Lopez still getting comfortable with new teamRobin Lopez spent three seasons with the Bulls before signing with Milwaukee as a free agent last summer. Before Thursday's game, Bulls coach Jim Boylen reminisced about everything Lopez brought to the table.
Prep Football | Scouting Rolling Meadows at Wheaton Warrenville SouthHere's a look at Saturday's Class 7A state football quarterfinal playoff game between Rolling Meadows and Wheaton Warrenville South
Pro Sports | Uchman's Hawthorne selections for Friday's racesHere is today's link to Daily Herald handicapper Ron Uchman's selections for thoroughbred racing at Hawthorne on Friday, Nov. 14, 2019.
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball: Humble Kaburov leaves legacy at HerseyHersey senior Kati Kaburov is the Daily Herald Northwest Suburbs Girls Volleyball All-Area Team Captain for the second straight year.
- Prep SportsCould be fathers vs. daughters matchup at state volleyball
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Humble Kaburov leaves legacy at Hersey
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Huntley's Jakubowski captains Fox All-Area team
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Carmel's Tarcha floored 'em
- Prep FootballScouting Rolling Meadows at Wheaton Warrenville South
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Benet's Monson makes defense seem magical
- Prep SportsThe Northwest Suburbs' Girls Volleyball All-Area Team
- Prep FootballScouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Prep SportsThe DuPage County Girls Volleyball All-Area Team
- Prep SportsScouting state girls volleyball / Fremd vs. WW South
- Prep FootballScouting Class 6A quarterfinal between Cary-Grove and Prairie Ridge
- Girls' BasketballDon't miss our coverage of winter high school sports
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep FootballDuPage County football statistics
- Prep FootballScouting the state quarterfinals in Lake County