Bears | 2022 Bears report card: Running back: Solid effort in what was a down year -- though Fields played a huge role
The Bears set a franchise record for rushing yards in 2022, their first year under general manager Ryan Poles and head coach Matt Eberflus. But rememeber Justin Fields accounted for more than 1,100 of those 3,000-plus rushing yards.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Once again, Bulls lose the will to compete in loss to CharlotteThe Bulls seemed to be in good shape with an 8-point halftime lead at Charlotte. But they were badly out-competed in the second half for the second game in a row and lost to the Hornets 111-96.
College Sports | Up-and-down Illini men's basketball team still on track for another trip to March MadnessIllinois has taken down top-ranked teams like Texas and UCLA this season, but it hasn't been an easy season in Champaign. The Fighting Illini are aiming to make it to the NCAA Tournament for the third straight year.
Bulls | The problems are piling up for the Bulls this weekIt's been a rough week for the Bulls, getting outscored by a combined 45 points in the second half of losses at Indiana and Charlotte. Here's a look at the team's biggest problems, less than two weeks from the NBA trade deadline.
Blackhawks | Richardson's 'old-school' Blackhawks are more willing to drop the glovesEver since Jeremy Colliton was fired, the Chicago Blackhawks have shown more of a willingness to drop the gloves with opponents.
Girls' Basketball | Fremd wins at Palatine, stays perfect in MSL WestAs his Fremd girls basketball team made the nearly 15 minute trek to the northside of Palatine to face archrival Palatine High, coach Dave Yates, his players and assistant coaches as well as their lower level teams made it safely after having navigated and negotiated the roads being coated by a treacherous mix of rain, snow and wind.
Boys' Basketball | Stevenson's Ambrose wins 500th gameStevenson boys basketball coach Pat Ambrose certainly didn't want to be the focal point, but Ambrose "quietly" hit a huge milestone Friday night by recording his 500th career victory in 24 seasons.
Girls' Basketball | Prospect edges Hersey to tie for MSL East leadThis time, in its biggest conference game of the season, Prospect's girl basketball team was ready for the situation.
Boys' Basketball | Panek's clutch free throws lift Warren over Lake ZurichThere was just a little panic when Warren's Adam Panek took an early seat Friday night in Lake Zurich. The senior forward was forced to the bench with two fouls in the first 1:40 of the game.
Boys' Basketball | Wilder, Ivy spark Larkin's win at Fenton in new rolesUp until about a week ago, Darnell Wilder had been starting for the Larkin boys basketball team.
Boys' Basketball | WW South snaps Geneva's 15-game streak, takes control of DuKane raceExtra incentive wasn't needed for Wheaton Warrenville South Friday.
- 12:08 AMHot-shooting Prairie Ridge knocks off Crystal Lake South
- 12:00 AMOswego East continues to have West Aurora's number
- 11:10 PMCrystal Lake Central girls pass BC in FVC standings; Rocket boys win as Scharnowski reaches 1,000
- 11:01 PMBartlett's depth shines at Elgin
- 10:39 PMAurora Christian avenges St. Francis setback
- Girls' BasketballAlcala leads Glenbard South past East Aurora in gritty effort
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Handy, Meadows have blast in blowout win over Hersey
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Suchy, Fremd flip switch in nailbiting win over Barrington
- Prep WrestlingBoys wrestling: McHenry bests Dundee-Crown 54-19, wins Fox Valley Conference title
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Libertyville edges Mundelein in North Suburban Conference meet
- Girls' BasketballSlagle explodes for 16 points, 14 rebounds as Geneva outlasts St. Charles North
- Boys' BasketballSt Edward holds off Ridgewood rally
- Boys' BasketballFox boys basketball notes: Lothery, Harvest Christian soaring to new heights
- Boys' BasketballNaperville Central snaps 9-game skid with win at St. Charles East
- Boys' BasketballCook County boys basketball notes: Prospect's pilot program helps with mental toughness
- Girls' BasketballSt. Viator's rally falls short
- Boys' BasketballWheaton Warrenville South's Meredith shines in shootout setting
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove's pressure gets to Schaumburg
- Boys' BasketballHot-shooting Prairie Ridge knocks off Crystal Lake South
- Boys' BasketballOswego East continues to have West Aurora's number