Columns | Bears defense dominates to help Fields secure 20-17 win after he steps in for hurt Dalton
The Bears defense completely dominated the Cincinnati Bengals, and rookie quarterback Justin Fields did just enough to keep the Chicago Bears ahead 20-17 Sunday afternoon in the Bears home opener.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | White Sox fans warming up to La RussaAfter a less than scintillating start, manager Tony La Russa has settled in and he's got the White Sox on the right track as the playoffs approach.
Columns | Hub Arkush: Sunday is Andy Dalton's day. Will Bears fans give him a chance?Week 2 is too early for a "must-win" for any NFL team, and this weekend isn't going to dictate how the rest of the year plays out. But it probably will be one of the bigger games of starting quarterback Andy Dalton's career. It could very well begin writing his final chapter.
White Sox | Lynn can't put away former team in Sox's lossThe Texas Rangers beat former teammate Lance Lynn and the AL Central-leading Chicago White Sox 2-1 on Saturday night.
Cubs | Cubs loss leads to Brewers clinching their spotThe Milwaukee Brewers clinched their fourth straight postseason berth with a 6-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday night.
White Sox | Often on base, White Sox's Moncada praised as 'the whole package'Third baseman Yoan Moncada's consistent play -- he's on a 28-game on-base streak -- has been a relatively quiet force in the White Sox lineup.
Bears | Bears vs. Bengals: 5 things to watch in Week 2 matchupSean Hammond: Can the Bears take advantage of a weak Cincinnati defense by opening up the playbook?
White Sox | Baron: Don't stress over Sox's record in 1-run gamesGo Figure: Not to worry over White Sox's record in 1-run games.
Columns | Zalusky: It was a slow comeback for baseball after 9/11Steve Zalusky: It was a gradual comeback for baseball after the Sept. 11 attacks.
Columns | Lincicome: There's no longer public indifference when it's Ryder Cup timeIt's time for the next patriotic taffy pull, also known as the Ryder Cup.
College Sports | No. 4 North Central tops No. 5 Wheaton CollegeNorth Central College took home "The Little Brass Bell" after defeating Wheaton College 20-7 in their annual rivalry game.
- 6:09 PMColts' struggles in red zone continue in 2nd straight loss
- 6:04 PMList of inactive players for NFL games in Week 2
- 5:56 PMWisdom sets Cubs rookie record with 27th HR, beat Brewers
- 5:50 PMDarnold throws 2 TDs, Panthers D dominates Saints 26-7
- 5:50 PMInjuries, miscues pile up for Steelers in loss to Raiders
- Prep SportsCross country: Diamond, Parisi help Benet keep pace behind Crystal Lake Central
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 4
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Stevenson outshoots Glenbrook South to win at Arboretum
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Downers Grove North surprises WW South in tournament third-place match
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Fremd's win over Naperville North concludes successful weekend for Vikings
- Prep FootballElk Grove happy to be home, and is now 2-2
- Prep FootballLibertyville sets school record for points; Stevenson grabs 1st win
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Stevenson carves up the competition at Prospect invite
- Prep FootballGlenbard West celebrates general's return with blowout victory
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Prospect having fun, producing positive results
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: West Aurora wins game vs. Batavia played to honor Nicely
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Cary-Grove shows its depth to win invitational
- Prep FootballMake it 24 straight league wins for Willowbrook
- Prep FootballA milestone victory for Cary-Grove coach Seaburg
- Prep FootballHoffman Estates hands Vernon Hills first loss