White Sox | White Sox fans warming up to La Russa
After a less than scintillating start, manager Tony La Russa has settled in and he's got the White Sox on the right track as the playoffs approach.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Hub Arkush: Sunday is Andy Dalton's day. Will Bears fans give him a chance?Week 2 is too early for a "must-win" for any NFL team, and this weekend isn't going to dictate how the rest of the year plays out. But it probably will be one of the bigger games of starting quarterback Andy Dalton's career. It could very well begin writing his final chapter.
White Sox | Lynn can't put away former team in Sox's lossThe Texas Rangers beat former teammate Lance Lynn and the AL Central-leading Chicago White Sox 2-1 on Saturday night.
Columns | Arkush: How much should we make of Bengals Week 1 upset of Vikings?The Bears are favored to beat the Bengals, but will they make adjustments from Week 1 to make it a home-opening win?
Bears | Bears vs. Bengals: 5 things to watch in Week 2 matchupSean Hammond: Can the Bears take advantage of a weak Cincinnati defense by opening up the playbook?
White Sox | Baron: Don't stress over Sox's record in 1-run gamesGo Figure: Not to worry over White Sox's record in 1-run games.
Columns | Zalusky: It was a slow comeback for baseball after 9/11Steve Zalusky: It was a gradual comeback for baseball after the Sept. 11 attacks.
Columns | Lincicome: There's no longer public indifference when it's Ryder Cup timeIt's time for the next patriotic taffy pull, also known as the Ryder Cup.
College Sports | No. 4 North Central tops No. 5 Wheaton CollegeNorth Central College took home "The Little Brass Bell" after defeating Wheaton College 20-7 in their annual rivalry game.
Bears | Bears injury report: Goldman misses practice again, 'doubtful' for SundaySean Hammond: Bears nose tackle Eddie Goldman missed another day of practice with a knee injury.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Manning brothers 'man cave' flashes potential in spotty 'Monday Night' premiereThe Manning brothers have a way to go on "Monday Night Football," columnist Jim O'Donnell says. The ESPN "alternative" to its regular "MNF" telecast -- featuring Peyton and Eli in a somewhat casual, uber-chatty Zoomer on ESPN2 and ESPN+ -- drew only 880,000 viewers in its debut this week.
- 10:41 PMNo. 10 Penn St holds on to white out No. 22 Auburn 28-20
- 10:38 PMBig second half helps Florida Atlantic roll past Fordham
- 10:37 PMTroy rallies in 2nd half, tops Southern Miss 21-9
- 10:27 PMSan Diego St blows lead, holds off Utah 33-31 in triple OT
- 10:24 PMCardinals rally past Padres 3-2 as Machado, Tatis clash
- Prep SportsCross country: Diamond, Parisi help Benet keep pace behind Crystal Lake Central
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 4
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Stevenson outshoots Glenbrook South to win at Arboretum
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Downers Grove North surprises WW South in tournament third-place match
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Fremd's win over Naperville North concludes successful weekend for Vikings
- Prep FootballElk Grove happy to be home, and is now 2-2
- Prep FootballLibertyville sets school record for points; Stevenson grabs 1st win
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Stevenson carves up the competition at Prospect invite
- Prep FootballGlenbard West celebrates general's return with blowout victory
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Prospect having fun, producing positive results
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: West Aurora wins game vs. Batavia played to honor Nicely
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Cary-Grove shows its depth to win invitational
- Prep FootballMake it 24 straight league wins for Willowbrook
- Prep FootballA milestone victory for Cary-Grove coach Seaburg
- Prep FootballHoffman Estates hands Vernon Hills first loss