Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Nothing but first class for Gale Sayers
Jim O'Donnell: It was first class and a window seat for Gale Sayers.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Bears legend Gale Sayers dies at 77Bears legend Gale Sayers died early Wednesday at 77, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced. Sayers, a running back known as the "Kansas Comet," was drafted by the Bears in 1965, but played only 68 games because of injuries.
Bears | Bears, all corners of NFL and beyond, mourn passing of Gale SayersBears legendary running back Gale Sayers dead at 77. "One of the finest men in NFL history," commissioner Roger Goodell said.
Bulls | Donovan's surprise availability may have prompted change in Chicago Bulls' plansMany felt the Chicago Bulls would hire an up-and-coming NBA assistant as their new coach. But the availability of former OKC boss Billy Donovan was too good to pass up.
White Sox | Reeling White Sox can't put Indians away in walkoff lossThe Chicago White Sox were looking good after scoring 2 runs in the top of the 10th inning Tuesday night, but the Indians answered back behind red-hot Jose Ramirez and won 5-3.
Cubs | Cubs clinch playoff spot while losing to PiratesWhile the Cubs lost to Pittsburgh on a walkoff home run from Jacob Stallings on Tuesday, they clinched a playoff spot for the fifth time in six years.
Columns | Rozner: U.S. Open champ DeChambeau will continue on his own pathLike it or not, Bryson DeChambeau will do it his way without fear and with no concern for what you think about it.
White Sox | Chicago White Sox set sights on winning World Series, but they have some trouble spotsAs they prepare to move into the playoffs and make a run at winning the World Series, the Chicago White Sox have some question marks in the starting rotation and batting order.
Columns | Get ready for exciting fall of golf -- both in Chicago and nationallyLen Ziehm says there's one nice thing that came out of this dreaded pandemic. Thanks to all the postponements from March through June, it necessitated an extension of the tournament season for golfers. Now the schedule of big events will carry all the way into December.
College Sports | Notre Dame-Wake Forest game postponed due to coronavirusThe FBS college football season on Tuesday logged an 18th game postponement or cancellation since its outset on the last weekend of August: Notre Dame and Wake Forest postponed their meeting set for Saturday in North Carolina.
Prep Sports | Boys golf: Mid-Suburban League teams gearing up for postseasonOld Orchard Country Club will be the epicenter of Mid Suburban League boys golf in coming days.
- 1:44 PMDolphins-Jaguars features Beard vs 'Stache, Magic vs Mania
- 1:36 PMSEC football opens minus big crowds, tailgating, some stars
- 1:26 PMHall of Famer Aeneas Williams helps players through podcast
- 1:23 PMBudget shortfall forces deep cuts in Ohio St sports program
- 1:17 PMFormer NFL players getting out the vote in communities
- Prep SportsSoftball: Barrington's Albrecht chooses North Dakota
- Prep FootballMixed emotions after governor's prep sports comments
- Prep FootballIHSA's Anderson reacts to Pritzker's comments on high school sports
- Prep SportsLongtime Warren coach Dawson leaves legacy of grateful athletes
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Schaumburg's Mollin still has Olympic dreams
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Mid-Suburban League teams gearing up for postseason
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Lake Zurich's Pouyat turns hard work into positive results
- Prep SportsIHSA makes significant adjustments to sport guidelines
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Neuqua's Dovalovsky, DGS' Neumann shine
- Prep SportsSmith golf outing coming up; several announce HOF classes
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball teams adjusting to new fall routine
- NewsWell-rounded Maine South lacrosse player a deserving award winner
- NewsCoach's Corner: Standing east-west while watching North vs. South
- Prep SportsWheeling native Newman played major role in Yankees' success
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Are you enjoying watching sports on TV with no fans?
Images; Through the Film Magnifier: Carlton Fisk, The Kingston Trio, Dudley Moore, a beard contest and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more