Cubs | No trades, but Bryant thinking about life after the Cubs
The Cubs didn't make any trades as of Tuesday evening. After a 7-4 loss to the Reds at Wrigley Field, Kris Bryant began to reflect on his life after the Cubs and dealing with trade-deadline rumors.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Jimenez's 3-run homer powers White Sox past RoyalsIn his second game of the season, left fielder Eloy Jimenez launched a 3-run homer in the eighth inning to lift the White Sox to a 5-3 win over the Royals Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Cubs | Best of frenemies? Baez-Garrett feud carries onCubs shortstop Javy Baez was scratched from Tueday's lineup due to a bruised heel that kept him out Monday as well, until his game-winning hit as a pinch-hitter in the ninth inning. After the hit, Baez continued to exchange taunts with Reds reliever Amir Garrett.
Sports | How local Olympians fared Tuesday: Men's volleyball looks strongWith 21 kills, TJ DeFalco led the United States men's volleyball team to a win over Tunisia on Tuesday.
Blackhawks | Movin' and shakin': Blackhawks acquire Marc-Andre Fleury, Tyler JohnsonFrom rebuild to rarin' to go. All in one year? It certainly seems that way when it comes to the Chicago Blackhawks, who acquired Vezina Trophy-winning goalie Marc-Andre Fleury from the Vegas Golden Knights and two-time Stanley Cup-winning forward Tyler Johnson from Tampa Bay on Tuesday.
Sports | See them compete: Wednesday's TV lineup for suburban OlympiansHere is the Olympic TV schedule for Wednesday for events that feature athletes from the suburbs
Bears | Andy Dalton: For rookie QBs, 'best thing you can do is play'A lot has changed for Bears QB Andy Dalton in the decade since. But he still believes one thing made all the difference during his rookie season. "The best thing you can do is play," Dalton said Tuesday in Lake Forest, where the Bears reported for training camp. "That's the best experience you can get."
Cubs | Cubs plan on stretching Thompson into starter's roleThe Cubs sent pitcher Keegan Thompson down to Iowa on Tuesday, not only because he's pitched quite a bit lately, but to build him up to get back to starting, which he has done throughout the minors.
White Sox | With Jimenez back in left field for Sox, Vaughn shifts to rightEloy Jimenez made his first start of the season in left field for the White Sox Tuesday night, moving Andrew Vaughn to right.
Bears | 5 things we learned from Nagy, Pace ahead of Bears training campSean Hammond: As players reported to training camp Tuesday at Halas Hall in Lake Forest, Bears general manager Ryan Pace and head coach Matt Nagy met with media to discuss the state of the team.
Bears | Top 25 most important Bears in 2021: No. 4 Justin FieldsSean Hammond: Leading up to this week's training camp we're counting down the Top 25 most important Bears for the 2021 season.
White Sox | Robert continues rehab assignment with Class AAA CharlotteAfter starting his rehab assignment with Class A Winston-Salem, White Sox center fielder Luis Robert (torn right hip flexor) joined Triple-A Charlotte Tuesday night.
- 1:46 AMOhtani hits MLB-best 36th HR but Angels routed by Rockies
- 1:45 AMCovert joins all those Hall of Famers he made look good
- 1:16 AMRiley drives in 6, chasing Braves pound Mets 12-5
- 1:04 AMTaurasi feeling fine at Olympics after first game in 3 weeks
- 1:01 AMToro HR hours after trading sides, but Astros beat Mariners
- Girls' BasketballHare transfers from Bartlett to Naperville North
- St. CharlesAn All-American year: St. Charles North's Sinnaeve overcomes obstacles, earns national honor
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove's Craft chooses Xavier
- Prep SportsOlympic bound: Former Prospect, Illini track star Kendziera going to Tokyo
- Prep SportsSt. Viator names DeLeon as new boys soccer coach
- Prep FootballThey want you: Need a job? Youth, prep sports desperately need referees
- Prep FootballMetea Valley's 2-sport standout Johnson excited about future at NIU
- Girls' BasketballBurlington Central's Charles picks Princeton
- Girls' BasketballBatavia grad Fruendt joins staff at Tennessee
- Prep SportsOff at college: Wheeling's Blair honored for excellence on and off the track
- Prep SportsOff at college: Benet grad Abello earns Academic All-American of the Year
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central grad Mayfield makes move to Division I basketball
- Prep SportsOff at college: Illinois Wesleyan's Morton earns golf All-America honors
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles North's DeMarco wins Illinois Gatorade player of the year
- PalatinePalatine's Bostick decides on Iowa
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more