Special Report | Bittersweet goodbye: Final chapter closes on Arlington Park
Sister Ruler took home the win Saturday in what was likely the final race ever at Arlington Park.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Arkush: For Bears to win Sunday, Justin Fields needs help from his supporting castWhile Justin Fields makes his starting debut, it's the supporting cast that has to come through.
Columns | U.S. builds on lead at Ryder Cup going into final dayLen Ziehm: The U.S. carries an 11-5 lead going into Sunday's concluding 12 singles matches for the 43rd Ryder Cup.
White Sox | Worth another look: 5 White Sox games that mattered this seasonFrom Carlos Rodon's no-hitter to Tim Anderson's heroics in the cornfields of Iowa to Yasmani Grandal's 8 RBI vs. the Cubs, the playoff-bound White Sox have played some memorable games during the regular season.
Cubs | Cubs get best of Lester, but bullpen can't stop Cards streakFormer Cubs left-hander Jon Lester took the mound for St. Louis on Saturday at Wrigley Field. The Cubs and Adrian Sampson led 4-2 when the starting pitchers were in the game, but the Cardinals rallied for an 8-5 win.
Columns | Arkush: How much can Bears expect from Fields in first outing as QB1?Hub Arkush: Justin Fields can't beat the Cleveland Browns by himself.
Blackhawks | Normally-reserved Fleury bringing some light-hearted fun to BlackhawksWith well-known prankster Marc-Andre Fleury now on the Chicago Blackhawks, the rest of the team would be advised to watch their backs. The 36-year-old goaltender has been known to mess with his teammates any chance he gets. "You've got to keep it light," Fleury said.
Cubs | Cubs' Hoyer: 'We plan to be active in free-agency'Cubs president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer spoke to reporters Friday about his plans for free-agency and his thoughts on second-year manager David Ross.
Columns | Zalusky: Sox clincher evokes sweet memories of 1983Steve Zalusky: The White Sox winning the AL Central brings back memories of what a special year 1983 was.
Prep Sports | Cross country: York, Lake Zurich's Johnston shine at Palatine inviteThe York girls and Lake Zurich junior Brooke Johnston came out on top Saturday at the Palatine cross country invite, while on the boys side, New Trier won the team race while Hinsdale Central was second and York third.
White Sox | Making World Series run tops Chicago White Sox to-do listThe White Sox clinched first place in the AL Central on Thursday, and they're heading to the playoffs for the second straight season. They want to make a deeper run after losing to the Athletics in the first round last year.
- 11:23 PMSims sparks Ga. Tech to 45-22 upset of No. 21 North Carolina
- 11:11 PMOT interception lifts No. 20 Spartans over Nebraska 23-20
- 11:00 PMTompkins, UC Davis rally to beat Weber State 17-14
- 10:54 PMWilliams, No. 1 Alabama sprint by Southern Miss, 63-14
- 10:40 PMNo. 10 Buckeyes break loose with 59-7 rout of Akron
- Prep SportsCross country: York, Lake Zurich's Johnston shine at Palatine invite
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20/How they fared
- Prep FootballProspect records come-from-behind win against Buffalo Grove
- Prep FootballNeuqua Valley escapes with win vs. Naperville Central in 2OT thriller
- Prep FootballBatavia pulls out another thriller
- Prep FootballWauconda moves to 5-0 with victory over Antioch
- Prep FootballGeneva rallies from 16 down to stun St. Charles North
- Prep FootballLake Zurich, Round Lake, Lakes score big wins
- Prep SportsCross country: Jacobs sweeps titles at Bartlett's Flyin' Hawk
- Prep FootballMaine South bounces back, blanks Glenbrook North
- Prep FootballPalatine continues winning ways against Schaumburg
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Nash's goal pushes Benet past Lyons
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Team effort sends Stevenson to Lake County title
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Libertyville wins Pifer invite with 3-set thriller over St. Viator
- Prep FootballCary-Grove adds new wrinkle, handles Prairie Ridge