Cubs | Chicago Cubs lose another close game late to Cardinals
Yu Darvish pitched into the ninth inning Sunday, but that was not enough to save the Chicago Cubs, who fell 3-2 to the St. Louis Cardinals, who scored twice in the top of the ninth.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Rozner: Chicago Cubs limping to finish after brutal weekendThe Chicago Cubs are truly limping to the finish line.
Columns | Time is now for Chicago Bears offense to up its gameMonday night's game at Washington is the perfect time for quarterback Mitch Trubisky and the Chicago Bears offense to show it can make a positive impact in the outcome.
Bulls | Progress or more punishment? Upcoming Chicago Bulls season could have variety of outcomesExpectations are low, but the coming Chicago Bulls season has a wide variety of potential outcomes. Mike McGraw takes a look at how this season could turn out well or take another turn for the worse.
Columns | With rising waters, shore fishing success is achievableMike Jackson says to combat the higher water in the area, shore fishing could be the key to success.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Zobrist, Maddon have some thoughts on Wrigley FieldNeither Chicago Cubs infielder Ben Zobrist nor manager Joe Maddon was getting too sentimental about Sunday's regular-season finale at Wrigley Field.
NFL | Analysis: New QBs generally look like headliners stepping inMaybe all of that dread and disgust will quiet down, at least for a week. Hey, folks, the new guys at quarterback did pretty darn well for your teams.
MLB | Royals manager Yost to retire as club's career wins leaderRoyals manager Ned Yost says he will retire at end of season, ending 9-year tenure that included 2 AL pennants, franchise's first World Series title in 30 years
NFL | Short story: Browns come up just short against RamsBrowns come up short on four plays in final seconds, lose 20-13 to Rams
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Weather gets best of Benet, Libertyville
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Glenbard West takes title at Kaneland
- Prep FootballSt. Francis leaves no doubt in hometown
- Prep Football'Hill' of a win for North Chicago against Round Lake
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Benet wins Wheaton tournament championship
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Prospect too strong for Wagner, Maine South
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Richtman responds to challenge, takes Eddington title
- Prep FootballElk Grove, Maine West triumphant in Week 4
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Fremd finishes first in Warren invite
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Warren shines on 'home' course
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Saturday, Sept. 21
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Saturday, Sept. 21
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Saturday, Sept. 21
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Saturday, Sept. 21
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: St. Francis takes second in quad