White Sox | Hendriks, Kimbrel cool with sharing closer's role with White Sox
The White Sox now have two all-star closers after acquiring Craig Kimbrel in a trade with the Cubs Friday. Kimbrel joins American League saves leader Liam Hendriks at the back of the Sox's bullpen.
Latest Sports Videos
Sports | Why Cubs felt it was right time to deal team's biggest starsIn the case of the Cubs, there was no other option but to trade revered stars Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, Javier Baez and Craig Kimbrel from a cratering fourth-place team to playoff contenders filled with raw young players a few years away from reaching the majors.
Bulls | Clock is ticking, Bulls need some bold movesThe NBA's free-agent negotiating period begins Monday. There are plenty of potential paths for the Bulls, including creating some cap space and pursuing a third star to go with Zach LaVine and Nikola Vucevic.
MLB | White Sox rookie Zavala hits 3 HRs but Indians win 12-11White Sox rookie Seby Zavala hit the first three home runs of his career, including a grand slam, but the Cleveland Indians rallied to beat the Sox 12-11 on Saturday night
Cubs | Hendricks earns majors-best 13th win as Cubs beat Nats 6-3Kyle Hendricks earned his major league-leading 13th victory, Rafael Ortega homered and the Cubs beat the Washington Nationals 6-3 Saturday night.
News | Volleyball and track Olympians from suburbs: When they could be on TV on SundayThomas Jaeschke of Wheaton and Kelsey Robinson of Bartlett in volleyball, and David Kendziera of Mount Prospect, Tori Franklin of Westmont, Sandi Morris of Downers Grove in track and field could appear on Olympic television coverage over the course of Sunday.
Columns | Lincicome: The Cubs are right back where they belongCharacterizing the dissolution of the Cubs as the "end of an era" is generous and laced with irony. One World Series victory is a highlight, not an era, and playoff failures since are reminders of what could have been, what should have been.
Cubs | Who are these guys? Here's a long list of the new CubsWhile sending away most of the team's most recognizable stars, the Cubs added 11 news players via trade this week. Here's a rundown of the new Cubs.
Special Report | Arlington Park doesn't apply for 2022 race datesArlington Park and its corporate owner Churchill Downs Inc. didn't apply for 2022 live horse racing dates by a Friday state deadline, dashing distant hopes of owners, trainers and fans that the iconic racetrack might return for a last lap.
Bears | Top 25 most important Bears in 2021: Dalton will start as long as his play allows itAndy Dalton signed a one-year contract with the Bears in March with the expectation that he will be the starting quarterback. That is the case, for now. How long that will remain the case is anybody's guess.
Sports | 'I feel so terrible': Djokovic's Golden Slam bid is overThere will be no Golden Slam for Novak Djokovic
Bears | Musings from Bears practice: Mustipher bulks up, defense dominatesEven though training camp is here, bulked-up offensive lineman Sam Mustipher isn't looking at his body as a finished product. He knows there's still several weeks before Week 1, during which he can continue to develop muscle.
- 6:32 AMAfter heat issues, tennis body seeks more days at next Games
- 5:50 AMZverev follows up win over Djokovic with Olympic gold
- 5:10 AMGiven a chance, Lynn Williams provides boost for US soccer
- 2:20 AMCleveland Indians to visit the Chicago White Sox
- 2:20 AMAlzolay expected to start for the Cubs against Nationals
- Girls' BasketballHare transfers from Bartlett to Naperville North
- St. CharlesAn All-American year: St. Charles North's Sinnaeve overcomes obstacles, earns national honor
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove's Craft chooses Xavier
- Prep SportsOlympic bound: Former Prospect, Illini track star Kendziera going to Tokyo
- Prep SportsSt. Viator names DeLeon as new boys soccer coach
- Prep FootballThey want you: Need a job? Youth, prep sports desperately need referees
- Prep FootballMetea Valley's 2-sport standout Johnson excited about future at NIU
- Girls' BasketballBurlington Central's Charles picks Princeton
- Girls' BasketballBatavia grad Fruendt joins staff at Tennessee
- Prep SportsOff at college: Wheeling's Blair honored for excellence on and off the track
- Prep SportsOff at college: Benet grad Abello earns Academic All-American of the Year
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central grad Mayfield makes move to Division I basketball
- Prep SportsOff at college: Illinois Wesleyan's Morton earns golf All-America honors
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles North's DeMarco wins Illinois Gatorade player of the year
- PalatinePalatine's Bostick decides on Iowa
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more