White Sox | After breakout season, White Sox ace Giolito shut down with lat strain
Lucas Giolito was the White Sox's top starting pitcher this year, going 14-9 with a 3.41 ERA. A mild lat strain is ending his season two weeks early.
Latest Sports Videos
News | Angry board grills Arlington Park president, gives track a week to decide if it's 'no longer a horse racing enterprise'Churchill Downs Inc. last month blamed high taxes, a saturated gambling market and contributions to a state thoroughbred purse fund as reasons not to invest in up to 1,200 slots and table games allowed under the state's new law. Illinois Racing Board commissioner Thomas McCauley called that "nonsense."
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Rizzo diagnosed with moderate sprain, return uncertainChicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo has a moderate sprain of his right ankle, and it's questionable whether he'll return by the end of the regular season.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' De Haan sets sights on being stabilizing factor on defenseCalvin de Haan participated in his first Blackhawks training camp practice Tuesday. It's a good first step for the defenseman as he tries to be ready for the Oct. 4 season opener.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Kimbrel looks 'really good'Chicago Cubs closer Craig Kimbrel threw a simulated game Tuesday, and he could be activated off the injured list in time for Thursday's series opener against the St. Louis Cardinals.
Columns | Chicago Bears' Nagy breaks down his offense after victoryChicago Bears coach Matt Nagy discussed the team's offense the day after Sunday's last-second 16-14 victory over the Broncos at Denver.
Blackhawks | Added weight should help Andrew Shaw deliver more poundings in Act II with BlackhawksIn some ways, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw has changed quite a bit over the past three years. In others? Well, not so much.
Sports | Pettersen leaves golf as a hero, on her own termsSuzann Pettersen achieved one of the rarest feats in golf.
NFL | Giants bench Eli Manning, name Daniel Jones starting QB2-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning benched, rookie Daniel Jones named New York Giants' starting quarterback following 0-2 start
NFL | Jets' Siemian out for year with ankle injury, Falk to startJets quarterback Trevor Siemian is out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury and Luke Falk will be New York's starter until Sam Darnold returns from illness
NFL | Payton, Fangio get their digs in on officialsNew Orleans coach Sean Payton found a way to get his dig in on a blown call by an official without directly criticizing the crews after the Saints lost to the Rams again
- 9:59 PMGirls golf: It's a win for LZ, Wynstone duo at Ivanhoe
- 9:55 PMGirls volleyball: Dundee-Crown tops rival for 1st FVC win
- 9:53 PMGirls volleyball: Energized Fremd plays the right tune in win over Palatine
- 9:47 PMGirls volleyball: Downers Grove North rises to occasion at Glenbard West
- 9:46 PMDelle Donne, Messeeman help Mystics edge Aces, 97-95
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Quinn, Hersey nip Conant in MSL showdown
- Prep SportsImages: See what surfaces in our best high school sports images of the week
- Prep FootballAP Top Ten
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Conant holds off Schaumburg
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Powerful Carmel handles St. Viator
- Prep FootballRozner: Jordan Lynch as football-immersed as ever
- Prep FootballDuPage County: Making a statement despite a loss
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Energized Fremd plays the right tune in win over Palatine
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Dundee-Crown tops rival for 1st FVC win
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Downers Grove North rises to occasion at Glenbard West
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Monday, Sept. 16
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Monday, Sept. 16
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Fremd bounces back to beat Lake Zurich
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Maine West wins CSL North opener
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Monday, Sept. 16