Bears | Dietz: Bears' 13th straight loss leaves your head spinning
After the Bears' 41-10 loss to the Chiefs, Matt Eberflus told reporters that the coach-player partnership is critical to a team's success. Boy, did we see that Sunday as the Andy Reid-Patrick Mahomes partnership continued to flourish while whatever is going on in Chicago continues to fall apart.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Wheels come off for Bears in 41-10 loss to Chiefs3 and Out: Any hopes for improvement from the Bears following an 0-2 start were quickly extinguished by Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Bears | Bears fall to 0-3 after Chiefs' beatdown. How can they shake it off?There was a party at Arrowhead Stadium and the Bears weren't invited. The Chiefs just showed the Bears what good football looks like. "You can see on their side: The flow is so natural," receiver Darnell Mooney said.
Cubs | Cubs sweep Rockies, hope fate will be kind in final weekThe Cubs wrapped up their home schedule with a 4-3 victory over the Colorado Rockies at Wrigley Field on Sunday. Patrick Wisdom hit a go-ahead 2-run homer in the sixth, giving rookie Jordan Wicks his fourth victory.
Cubs | Merryweather gets save, but Cubs' bullpen is full of questionsA major question for the Cubs during the final week is whether the bullpen can hold up. Julian Merryweather got the save on Sunday, despite two walks, Mark Leiter Jr. hasn't pitched since Wednesday and Adbert Alzolay is still working to come off the injured list.
Bears | Report: Alan Williams resigned from Bears over 'inappropriate' conductESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday that his resignation is not related to criminal activity.
Columns | DeChambeau delivers again, wins LIV tournament at Rich HarvestIn 2015 he won the U.S. Amateur at Olympia Fields, and in 2017 he captured the first of his seven PGA Tour titles at the John Deere Classic in downstate Silvis.
Music | Usher to headline the 2024 Super Bowl halftime show in Las VegasUsher has a new confession: The Grammy winner will headline the Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show in Las Vegas. The NFL, Apple Music and Roc Nation announced Sunday that Usher would lead the halftime festivities from Allegiant Stadium on Feb. 11.
Sports | Rapinoe gets triumphant send-off in Chicago as U.S. beats South Africa 2-0The 38-year-old Rapinoe was presented with a framed jersey representing her 203 games with the United States prior to the win, and she raised her arms as the crowd roared.
News | Cricket mania: Why centuries-old sport is bowling over the suburbsCricket, an international, centuries-old English sport especially popular in India and Pakistan, is growing in the suburbs, particularly among South Asian immigrants and their children. Suburban communities are taking notice and rising to the demand.
Columns | Baseball Way Back: Jerry Reuss was a pitcher taking picturesDuring a 22-year major league career, Jerry Reuss won 220 games with a 3.64 ERA. His major league road was well traveled, with stops in St. Louis, Houston, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, California, Milwaukee and the South Side of Chicago. Today, he shares his pictures of old ballparks on Facebook, including shots of old Comiskey Park in its final seasons, taken while Reuss pitched for the White Sox.
- 12:08 AMRobert hits 311-foot homer in 9th to snap scoreless tie and give White Sox 1-0 win over Red Sox
- 11:38 PMNo. 6 Ohio State plunges for touchdown with 1 second left to beat No. 9 Notre Dame 17-14
- 11:34 PMBryant throws TD to Mangieri in OT as Northwestern beats Minnesota 37-34
- 11:27 PMJim O'Donnell: Fields didn't go far enough in speaking truths about his rough run with the Bears
- 11:25 PMLincicome: Now even Justin Fields is saying he's not an NFL quarterback
- Prep FootballFitzpatrick, Barrington run by Fremd
- Prep SportsCross country: Jacobs boys, CL South girls take titles at Bartlett
- Prep SportsCross country: Hersey boys impress at Palatine invite; York wins girls race
- Prep FootballBatavia pulls out 23-17 win over Wheaton North; 5-0 Geneva next
- Prep FootballWarren roars back in second half to upend Lake Zurich
- Prep FootballBall bounces Wauconda's way in win over Graylake Central
- Prep FootballDefense leads the way as Prospect routs Rolling Meadows
- Prep FootballDespite losing top RB Ball, Palatine wins shootout over Hoffman Estates
- Prep FootballStevenson grits out tough victory over Mundelein
- Prep FootballAntioch routs Grayslake North; rematch with Wauconda up next
- Prep FootballWeek 5 football scores
- Prep FootballGeneva's defense dominates Glenbard North
- Prep FootballGlenbard East's strong play on both sides stymies Streamwood
- Prep FootballDuPage County and Fox football roundup
- Prep FootballCook and Lake County football roundup