Cubs | Chicago Cubs revved up for Braves in 8-3 win
The Chicago Cubs had been playing in a fog of late, but things sharpened up Monday night when they played the Atlanta Braves, the leaders of the National League East. The Cubs won the game 8-3.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Paxson: Bulls know who they want in free agencyNBA free agency begins on June 30. The Bulls have money to spend and a need for veterans, but they might have to sit back for a little while and see how the market plays out.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks introduce top draft choiceKirby Dach's competitive fire is a big reason the Blackhawks chose the 6-foot-4, 198-pound center as the No. 3 pick in the NHL draft.
Cubs | Kimbrel could be joining Chicago Cubs soonIt's possible that recently signed Chicago Cubs closer Craig Kimbrel could be recalled from Class AAA Iowa later this week, according to team president Theo Epstein.
Sports | Chicago Bulls coach Boylen doesn't hold back on expectations for WhiteThe Chicago Bulls introduced draft picks Coby White and Daniel Gafford on Monday and repeated a desire to press the accelerator on offense next season.
News | Key organizer at BMW Championship has a charity mission, tooAn old caddying tradition will relaunch at the BMW Championship at Medinah Country Club this August.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks get de Haan from Hurricanes in tradeHours after introducing center Kirby Dach to the Chicagoland media, Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman acquired defenseman Calvin de Haan and forward Aleksi Saarela from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for goalie Anton Forsberg and D-man Gustav Forsling.
News | BMW Championship organizer previews fan, player experiences at MedinahPreparations for the PGA Tour playoff event are in full swing at the host venue.
Cubs | Fried, Braves to face Alzolay, Cubs on TuesdayThe Braves will start Max Fried on Tuesday while the Cubs are expected to counter with Adbert Alzolay
White Sox | White Sox take 3-game slide into matchup with Red SoxChicago heads into the matchup against Boston in a rut, losers of three straight
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
- Prep SportsBaseball / Final Top 20
- Prep SportsImages: Huntley vs. St. Charles East, Class 4A State Championship in Softball
- Prep SportsImages: St. Francis vs. Sycamore, Class 3A State Championship in Softball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more