Bears | Will he play the Packers? Fields 'looked real good' in practice, Jones says
Nothing's guaranteed, but it's looking like Justin Fields will return after a one-week absence and quarterback the Chicago Bears against the Packers at Soldier Field on Sunday. John Dietz has the full story from Halas Hall.
Latest Sports Videos
College Sports | Decision to stay home turns into blessing for Beebe, Aurora UniversityFormer NFL wide receiver Don Beebe went looking for a new job in 2018. He wasn't planning to end up at nearby Aurora University, but he accepted the role as head coach and now the Spartans are in the Division 3 quarterfinals for the first time.
Blackhawks | Entwistle, Katchouk doing their best to power up Blackhawks fourth lineMacKenzie Entwistle and Boris Katchouk scored their first goals of the season Wednesday night against the Oilers, which is just one piece of the puzzle in trying to end their losing streak.
MLB | Gaylord Perry, two-time Cy Young winner, dies at 84Baseball Hall of Famer and two-time Cy Young Award winner Gaylord Perry, a master of the spitball who wrote a book about using pitch, died Thursday. He was 84.
Bears | Bears lineman Leatherwood uses season to 'tune everything out and just focus on me'The last three months have been the ultimate reset button on his young career.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Keith Reinhard selected for media wing of prep basketball Hall of FameReinhard disappeared 34 years ago in Colorado while on sabbatical from the Daily Herald.
White Sox | Injury-prone White Sox hire Geoff Head as director of sports performanceAfter missing 1,405 total games due to injury this season, the White Sox have addressed the issue by hiring Geoff Head as senior director of sports performance.
Boys' Basketball | Larkin holds off Glenbard East in Upstate Eight winLarkin boys basketball (2-3) escaped Glenbard East (0-5) with a 70-69 Upstate Eight victory on Thursday night.
Boys' Basketball | New Trier hands Warren its first lossThe "G" denoting guard next to New Trier senior Tyler Van Gorp's name on the Trevians' boys basketball roster made coach Scott Fricke chuckle Wednesday night at Warren.
Boys' Basketball | St. Charles East eyes turnaround season behind senior leadersDisplaying balanced scoring, solid defense and its customary 3-point shooting attack, St. Charles East's basketball team split 4 games at the Saints' 63rd annual Ron Johnson Thanksgiving Tournament this past weekend.
Prep Wrestling | Wrestling season preview: Scouting Fox and DuPage teamsHere's a look at what to expect this winter for DuPage County and Fox wrestling teams.
- 11:42 PMOilers beat Hawks 5-4 in contest of dynamic duos
- 11:11 PMBooker scores 51 in three quarters; Suns roll past Bulls
- 10:35 PMShorthanded Metea Valley falls to DeKalb in DVC opener
- 10:31 PMSularski's game-winner lifts Benet over Lyons
- 10:15 PMBurlington Central's defense clamps down on Hampshire
- Prep WrestlingWrestling season preview: Scouting Cook and Lake County teams
- Prep WrestlingWrestling season preview: Scouting Fox and DuPage teams
- Boys' BasketballLarkin holds off Glenbard East in Upstate Eight win
- Girls' BasketballWaubonsie Valley girls open DuPage Valley Conference play by topping Naperville Central in OT
- Boys' BasketballBarrington, Hoffman Estates enjoy perfect Thanksgiving tournaments
- Girls' BasketballJankowski starts season fire for Grayslake North
- Girls' BasketballLibertyville doubles up St. Viator
- Boys' BasketballNew Trier hands Warren its first loss
- Boys' BasketballRavagnie's 27 lead Huntley over Prairie Ridge
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central's defense clamps down on Hampshire
- Prep WrestlingShorthanded Metea Valley falls to DeKalb in DVC opener
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East eyes turnaround season behind senior leaders
- Girls' BasketballSularski's game-winner lifts Benet over Lyons
- NewsCoach: Just don't call Jim Sullivan 'the old man on the end of the bench'
- Girls' BasketballGlenbrook South's crisp passing earns win over Glenbrook North