White Sox | White Sox complete sweep of Tigers
AJ Pollock and Andrew Vaughn homered, Lance Lynn threw six solid innings and the Chicago White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 5-3 on Sunday to complete a three-game sweep.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Reds stop slide, beat Cubs 8-5Jose Barrero hit a tiebreaking RBI single in Cincinnati's three-run fifth inning, and the Reds stopped a five-game slide with an 8-5 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Pro Sports | Zalatoris gets 1st PGA Tour win in St. Jude playoffZalatoris won without making birdie in a three-hole playoff.
Bears | Lake Zurich alum Sanborn makes a name for himself in second half of Bears preseason openerWhy linebacker Jack Sanborn, who starred at Lake Zurich High School and Wisconsin, was the second-half star of the Chicago Bears' 19-14 preseason victory over the Chiefs at Soldier Field on Saturday.
Sky | Sky cruise past Mercury, take No. 2 seed in playoffsAzura Stevens scored 17 points and the Chicago Sky wrapped up the regular season.
Pro Sports | Raiders move to 2-0 in preseason with 26-20 win over VikingsNick Mullens completed 7 of 9 passes for 94 yards and 1 touchdown.
Bears | Decent start: Bears come back in 2nd half, beat Chiefs 19-14 in preseason openerThe Bears showed progress and delivered funamental football Saturday, scoring 19 unanswered points in the second half to beat the Kansas City Chiefs.
Cubs | Hoyer sets Cubs' goal: Add as much pitching as possibleThe Cubs are determined to develop their own pitching, as evidenced by taking 16 pitchers in this year's draft, then adding two more potential starters before the trade deadline. The Cubs hit 3 home runs in Saturday's 7-2 victory at Cincinnati.
White Sox | Still time for teetering White Sox to make a move in AL Central, but questions persistThe White Sox still believe they can finally put it all together and win the AL Central but they have to overcome the loss of Tim Anderson, get better starts from Lucas Giolito and Lance Lynn and hope Yasmani Grandal gets hot with the bat.
Bears | NFL players union president blasts Soldier Field conditionsThe NFL players' union president tweeted Saturday that Soldier Field was not up to NFL standards after the Bears' preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Bears | Offense puts up mixed results in Bears' preseason victoryJustin Fields picked up four first downs on three possessions but failed to score as the Bears played without several key offensive contributors.
Columns | Golf revenue surges at public courses thanks to pandemic, but how long will it last?After struggling financially for many years, suburban public golf courses have become profitable once again, largely spurred by golfers seeking a recreational outlet in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. But some worry the latest golf boom may go bust once again.
- 10:49 PMBenitez scores, Minnesota United wins 2-1 over Nashville
- 9:19 PMFalcons WR London (knee) not seriously hurt, will miss time
- 8:45 PMRaiders move to 2-0 in preseason with 26-20 win over Vikings
- 8:42 PMRasmussen perfect through 8, pitches Rays past Orioles 4-1
- 8:31 PMWings soar past Sparks with 41-point second quarter
- Prep SportsScouting the DuPage County and Fox area boys golf season
- Prep SportsScouting the Cook and Lake County boys golf season
- Prep SportsScouting Cook and Lake County girls golf season
- Prep SportsScouting the Fox and DuPage County girls golf season
- Prep FootballScouting the KRC/I8 White
- Prep Football'I am just so ready to play again': Prep football season starts in the suburbs
- Prep FootballGlenbard West eyes return to glory
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Minnesota
- Prep FootballHuntley looks to bounce back
- Prep SportsHigh school basketball game the spark for Radtke's career
- Prep FootballWheaton North enters 2022 season with target on its back
- Prep FootballAlum Possley takes over at St. Charles East
- Prep FootballCarlson, Kaneland set to take next step
- Prep FootballGerke's role expanding at Batavia
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time