Columns | Arkush: For Bears to win Sunday, Justin Fields needs help from his supporting cast
While Justin Fields makes his starting debut, it's the supporting cast that has to come through.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Making World Series run tops Chicago White Sox to-do listThe White Sox clinched first place in the AL Central on Thursday, and they're heading to the playoffs for the second straight season. They want to make a deeper run after losing to the Athletics in the first round last year.
Columns | Lincicome: Can Nagy's drive-through prowess help in the red zone?Bernie Lincicome: It appears Bears coach Matt Nagy is succeeding in keeping a so-so team from getting worse.
Special Report | Arlington's final turn Saturday: Fireworks and a tribute to the first winning horseArlington Park management isn't planning any special ceremonies or commemorations on the final day Saturday -- save for a 7:45 p.m. fireworks show and a few historical videos on TV screens in-between races -- despite discussions earlier this year with village officials to do something bigger. "Really, it's just to go out with grace," said track President Tony Petrillo.
Columns | Dietz: No time to waste for Hawks players on the bubbleCompetition for the bottom roster spots at most NHL training camps is fierce. That's why even the first few days are so important for the would-be fringe players.
Columns | Bulls expect Williams, White to miss training camp with injuriesWith training camp set to begin in a few days, the Bulls released injury updates Friday on Coby White and Patrick Williams. Both players are expected to miss most, if not all, of training camp.
Cubs | Cards match record with 14th straight win, rip Cubs 12-4The surging St. Louis Cardinals emphatically matched a team record with their 14th straight win, pounding the Chicago Cubs 12-4 in the second game of a doubleheader behind Tyler O'Neill's three-run homer and a pair of solo shots by Lars Nootbaar.
White Sox | Cease avoids serious injury in White Sox's win at ClevelandWhite Sox starting pitcher Dylan Cease said he's lucky to have dodged a serious injury after being hit by a line drive in Friday night's 1-0 win at Cleveland.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Is Justin Fields prepared for Bears fans to keep falling in and out of love with him?Jim O'Donnell: Here's hoping Justin Fields doesn't have to run for his life Sunday at Cleveland in his first NFL start.
Bears | Key to cardio at 39: Bears' tackle Peters says it's running in the poolSean Hammond: Bears newcomer Jason Peters says running in the pool is his way to improve his cardio workouts.
Sports | Washington takes 2-1 series lead over Schaumburg BoomersThe Washington Wild Things win 3-2 in 10 innings over the Schaumburg Boomers on Friday night to take a 2-1 series lead in the Frontier League championship.
- 3:43 PMDolphins place QB Tua Tagovailoa on IR with fractured ribs
- 3:39 PMUnderdog Bowling Green stuns Minnesota at homecoming, 14-10
- 3:33 PMLake Zurich, Round Lake, Lakes score big wins
- 3:24 PM,Holy Cross romps to 45-15 victory over Monmouth
- 3:21 PMNo. 17 Coastal Carolina wins 53-3; UMass' 15th straight loss
- Prep FootballProspect records come-from-behind win against Buffalo Grove
- Prep FootballNeuqua Valley escapes with win vs. Naperville Central in 2OT thriller
- Prep FootballBatavia pulls out another thriller
- Prep FootballGray, Naperville North offense roll to DVC win
- Prep FootballJacobs executes late in win over Huntley
- Prep FootballWauconda moves to 5-0 with victory over Antioch
- Prep FootballGeneva rallies from 16 down to stun St. Charles North
- Prep FootballHersey offense racks up 464 total yards in win over Elk Grove
- Prep FootballWarren records 41-3 win over Stevenson
- Prep FootballSouth Elgin runs past Glenbard East in battle of UEC unbeatens
- Prep FootballPalatine continues winning ways against Schaumburg
- Prep FootballLake Zurich, Round Lake, Lakes score big wins
- Prep SportsCross country: York shines at Palatine invite
- Prep FootballMaine South bounces back, blanks Glenbrook North
- Prep FootballWith score and stop, Mundelein beats the odds to upset Libertyville