Cubs | Slow start does in Chicago Cubs' Darvish
It was a mixed bag for Chicago Cubs right-hander Yu Darvish Tuesday night at Wrigley Field.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Sox lose long, back-and-forth game by hitting Twins batterRonald Torreyes was hit by a bases-loaded pitch in a three-run 12th inning to give the Minnesota Twins a 9-8 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night that kept their lead in the American League Central at five games.
News | Angry board grills Arlington Park president, gives track a week to decide if it's 'no longer a horse racing enterprise'Churchill Downs Inc. last month blamed high taxes, a saturated gambling market and contributions to a state thoroughbred purse fund as reasons not to invest in up to 1,200 slots and table games allowed under the state's new law. Illinois Racing Board commissioner Thomas McCauley called that "nonsense."
White Sox | After breakout season, White Sox ace Giolito shut down with lat strainLucas Giolito was the White Sox's top starting pitcher this year, going 14-9 with a 3.41 ERA. A mild lat strain is ending his season two weeks early.
Columns | Rozner: Jordan Lynch as football-immersed as everFormer NIU star Jordan Lynch simply can't give up on a game he loves so much, but now as head coach his focus is on Mount Carmel.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Kimbrel looks 'really good'Chicago Cubs closer Craig Kimbrel threw a simulated game Tuesday, and he could be activated off the injured list in time for Thursday's series opener against the St. Louis Cardinals.
NFL | Giants bench Eli Manning, name Daniel Jones starting QB2-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning benched, rookie Daniel Jones named New York Giants' starting quarterback following 0-2 start
Sports | Pettersen leaves golf as a hero, on her own termsSuzann Pettersen achieved one of the rarest feats in golf.
NFL | Jets' Siemian out for year with ankle injury, Falk to startJets quarterback Trevor Siemian is out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury and Luke Falk will be New York's starter until Sam Darnold returns from illness
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Rizzo diagnosed with moderate sprain, return uncertainChicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo has a moderate sprain of his right ankle, and it's questionable whether he'll return by the end of the regular season.
NFL | Payton, Fangio get their digs in on officialsNew Orleans coach Sean Payton found a way to get his dig in on a blown call by an official without directly criticizing the crews after the Saints lost to the Rams again
- 12:28 AMAnother Yaz in LF in Fenway Park; Giants' Mike Yastrzemski
- 12:23 AMOlson's deep homer helps A's rally late to beat Royals 2-1
- 12:23 AMYaz's grandson Mike hits HR; Giants beat Red Sox 7-6 in 15
- 11:59 PMCubs lose 4-2 to Gray, Reds
- 11:57 PMTwins top White Sox 9-8 on bases-loaded hit by pitch in 12th
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Quinn, Hersey nip Conant in MSL showdown
- Prep SportsImages: See what surfaces in our best high school sports images of the week
- Prep FootballAP Top Ten
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Conant holds off Schaumburg
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Powerful Carmel handles St. Viator
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Dundee-Crown tops rival for 1st FVC win
- Prep FootballDuPage County: Making a statement despite a loss
- Prep SportsGirls golf: It's a win for LZ, Wynstone duo at Ivanhoe
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Waubonsie Valley gets on the move to get winning goal
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Energized Fremd plays the right tune in win over Palatine
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Barba save sparks Naperville North past Naperville Central
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Tuesday, Sept. 17
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Barrington, Fremd play to scoreless draw
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Cary-Grove shuts out Burlington Central
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Tuesday, Sept. 17