Pro Sports | Woodland wins U.S. Open, his first major title
Gary Woodland has captured the U.S. Open, overcoming the back-nine pressure at Pebble Beach to hold off two-time defending champion Brooks Koepka for a three-shot victory.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Dodgers edge Cubs with late-game heroicsRussell Martin singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning, Alex Verdugo made a game-saving catch for the game's final out and the Los Angeles Dodgers rallied to beat the Chicago Cubs 3-2 Sunday night.
White Sox | Moncada, Castillo make early exits in White Sox's loss to YankeesStarting pitcher Odrisamer Despaigne was hit hard Sunday afternoon and Yoan Moncada and Welington Castillo both left early with back injuries in the Chicago White Sox's 10-3 loss to the Yankees.
Bulls | McGraw's draft preview: Less predictable field could have Bulls scrambling at No. 7The NBA Draft is approaching quickly and it's difficult to tell exactly which players will still be on the board when the Bulls select with the No. 7 overall pick.
Blackhawks | Why Blackhawks GM Bowman traded for Penguins defensemanLast season wasn't exactly a smooth one for Olli Maatta, but that didn't stop Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman from trading for the Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman. Said Bowman: "You can't read too much into a smaller subset of games. Looking at the big picture, we like his versatility to his game."
Pro Sports | Lloyd, a World Cup starter again, scores 2 as US beats ChileCarli Lloyd scored a pair of goals for the U.S. national team in a more subdued 3-0 victory over Chile that sent the defending champions on to the round of 16 at the Women's World Cup
White Sox | Report: Top catching prospect Zack Collins joining White SoxAccording to a Miami radio station, top catching prospect Zack Collins is heading to the Chicago White Sox. Welington Castillo was injured Sunday, so look for Collins to be in uniform Tuesday night vs. the Cubs.
White Sox | Renteria now a full-blown South Sider as Sox prepare to visit CubsChicago White Sox manager Rick Renteria is looking forward to the two-game series against the Cubs that starts Tuesday night at Wrigley Field. Renteria managed the Cubs in 2014.
Columns | Rozner: It doesn't take miracle to win Stanley CupTeams around the NHL will sell tickets this summer based on the belief that anyone can win it all if they reach the postseason. That's an insult to the Blues.
Pro Sports | Cougars close first half with shutout winThe Kane County Cougars (35-34) finished the first half of the season with an 8-0 victory over the Beloit Snappers (27-41) on Sunday afternoon at Northwestern Medicine Field in Geneva. The Cougars win also wrapped up a series victory.
Pro Sports | Dogs win 5-4 in RosemontLuke Westphal delivered a solid start, Trey Vavra homered, and the Chicago Dogs held on for the 5-4 victory over the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks on Father's Day at Impact Field in Rosemont.
Sports | Boomers lose rain-shortened series finaleThe Schaumburg Boomers dropped a rain shortened finale with the Evansville Otters by a 3-2 score in six innings on Sunday night in Indiana.
- 4:56 PMBroncos to honor Bowlen in myriad ways in 2019
- 4:53 PMSunday's US win most-watched Women's World Cup group match
- 4:48 PM2 shot, 2 arrested at Raptors rally; celebration continues
- 4:36 PMFrance goes 3-0 at World Cup with 1-0 win over Nigeria
- 4:17 PMClose to home: Anaheim Ducks promote Dallas Eakins to coach
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
- Prep SportsBaseball / Final Top 20
- Prep SportsImages: Huntley vs. St. Charles East, Class 4A State Championship in Softball
- Prep SportsImages: St. Francis vs. Sycamore, Class 3A State Championship in Softball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more