Bears | Fields to make first start for Bears with Dalton injured
The Bears will go with the rookie quarterback Justin Fields when they travel to Cleveland Sunday. Andy Dalton remains sidelined with a left knee injury, coach Matt Nagy said Wednesday.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Why was Bears defense successful against Bengals? It starts with corners, pash rushIs the Bears defense back to being 2018-level dominant? Mike McGraw checks the film to see what led to the defensive success in Sunday's 20-17 win over Cincinnati.
White Sox | Gonzales: Sox reliever Crochet got a taste of postseason last year. He's ready for more.White Sox reliever Garrett Crochet says the experience he earned last year is paying dividends this season.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Maybe there will be some magic at midnight after Arlington Park closesJim O'Donnell: A farewell to the grand Arlington Park. Those were the days.
Prep Football | After 8 stops in 7 states, Vernon Hills QB Lazor is focused on forging his own pathVernon Hills High School quarterback Nolan Lazor knows how to move ... on the field and off.
Columns | Ryder Cup: Europeans work to tamp down home-field advantageLen Ziehm: The European team finds a way to appeal to the home crowd at the Ryder Cup.
Columns | 1 and done for Sox: Beat Cleveland, clinch AL CentralLooking to shake off their pedestrian play since the all-star break, the White Sox can clinch the AL Central Thursday with a win over the Indians in Cleveland.
Columns | The Bears took a big step forward on tape vs. BengalsStudying the Week 2 tape, there was significant improvement for the Chicago Bears in a number of areas and very little backsliding.
Bears | Bear Down, Nerd Up: Numbers match the eye test with Dalton, FieldsThe numbers are quite different between Andy Dalton and Justin Fields.
White Sox | Poor execution continues to cost White SoxThey are still close to clinching a playoff spot, but the White Sox lost to the Tigers Tuesday, dropping to 31-31 since the all-star break.
Columns | Dietz: Is Blackhawks' Toews ready and able? That's the question everybody wants answeredBlackhawks training camp begins Thursday, and there is one thing on most fans' minds: How is Jonathan Toews?
- 9:07 PMNHL finds no evidence Evander Kane gambled on games
- 8:46 PMMukhtar scores 2 goals, Nashville beats Miami 5-1
- 8:37 PMLEADING OFF: Bassitt back, Chisox try to clinch, Max starts
- 8:31 PMBoys soccer: Carmel scores early, often in beating St. Viator
- 8:30 PMSun forward Jones, coach Miller win major AP WNBA awards
- Prep FootballAfter 8 stops in 7 states, Vernon Hills QB Lazor is focused on forging his own path
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Barrington, Conant's Simon are MSL champs
- Prep FootballWheaton North's O-line paving the way for big things
- Prep FootballKaneland scores quickly, often; Borden impacting Geneva's D
- Prep FootballFootball / AP Top Ten
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Stevenson reigns supreme in NSC for 5th straight year
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Huntley, Burlington Central's Gusciora tops at FVC tourney
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Paris, Barrington knock off Fremd
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Geneva wins 2nd straight DuKane title in dominating fashion
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Rolling Meadows, Barrington battle to scoreless draw
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Warren blanks Stevenson in NSC showdown
- LisleAfter public outcry, Benet Academy reverses itself and offers coaching job to woman in same-sex marriage
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Carmel scores early, often in beating St. Viator
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Vernon Hills nets first CSL North crown
- Prep SportsBoys golf: South Elgin claims UEC title