Boys' Basketball | Former Libertyville star Peterson is leaving Rice
Drew Peterson keeps building impressive stats. On Tuesday, after news broke that the former Libertyville basketball star entered the NCAA transfer portal, Peterson says he heard from about 20 schools. He put together a breakout season as a sophomore for Rice University this past season.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | ESPN's documentary on Michael Jordan goes behind the scenesJim O'Donnell wonders if Michael Jordan documentary will go all the way.
Prep Football | Local coaches zooming in with their athletesDespite the uncertainty surrounding the future of high school spring sports, coaches and athletes know the drills
Columns | Rozner: Can Jordan, Bulls docuseries arrive in time?Responding to fans' pleas for help, ESPN has moved up the release date on its Michael Jordan documentary series that features the last Bulls championship.
Blackhawks | What Toews, other NHL'ers have been up to with season on holdBlackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, Nashville's Roman Josi and St. Louis' Alex Pietrangelo discussed what they're up to with the NHL season on hold.
Prep Sports | IHSA says spring playoffs still possibleThe IHSA on Wednesday expressed continued hope that spring sports will resume at the end of the state's stay-at-home order.
Bears | NFL Draft: Will OT options be too good for Bears to pass in Round 2?Will OT options be too good for Bears to pass in Round 2?
Columns | The story was Lees, Libertyville and a blizzard they whippedThe stats -- total inches of snowfall, windchill temperature -- elude me. If I recall correctly, 39 inches of snow blanketed the northern part of Illinois on Saturday, Nov. 21, 2015, and the wind chill was a matching minus-39 degrees. Sure seemed like it, anyway.
Sports | Clubhouse Chatter: What do you miss about spring sports?From the crack of the bat to the athleticism of volleyball, here's what our writers miss about spring sports
Bulls | ESPN moves air date for Bulls documentary to April 19ESPN announced plans to push the premiere date of a Bulls championship documentary to April 19. The 10-part series, called "The Last Dance" will feature behind-the-scenes footage from the 1997-98 season.
News | 'Hope is not canceled': Fremd HS staff inspires students with videoWith an inspirational video for their students, Fremd staff members created closeness in a time of remote learning.
- Prep FootballLocal coaches zooming in with their athletes
- Prep FootballThe story was Lees, Libertyville and a blizzard they whipped
- Boys' BasketballFormer Libertyville star Peterson is leaving Rice
- Palatine'Hope is not canceled': Fremd HS staff inspires students with video
- Prep FootballHeart-stopping 2015 semifinal win for Libertyville
- Boys' BasketballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep SportsYouth sports facing a 'bitter pill to swallow'
- Prep SportsIHSA's Anderson updates schools on the state of spring sports
- Girls' BasketballLocal AAU basketball programs at a standstill
- Prep SportsGlenbard South hoping for a second start for its boys volleyball program
- Girls' BasketballRogers or Dugalic? Both have a case for being the best
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep SportsIHSA says spring playoffs still possible
- Girls' BasketballHamma, Guth reflect on Buffalo Grove's 2000 state championship
- Girls' BasketballTeam bond helped Buffalo Grove win 2000 state title