Cubs | 'I got crushed': Cubs pitching coach details harrowing battle with coronavirus
Chicago Cubs pitching coach Tommy Hottovy was surprised when he contracted the coronavirus, and he talked in detail about the difficult road to recovery on Wednesday.
Latest Sports Videos
Sports | Rising White Sox star Moncada ready to launch 'different' seasonThe White Sox open training camp Friday at Guaranteed Rate Field, and Yoan Moncada is ready to get back to playing baseball. The Sox's third baseman said the shortened season will be "different" but not "difficult."
Columns | O'Donnell: Determined Thomas trying to keep hope alive at AM-1000Jim O'Donnell: Mike Thomas has hope for smoother sailing at ESPN-1000.
Prep Sports | Father and son reunite again -- at Grayslake NorthBefore a novel virus delivered a curveball, 2020 figured to be maybe the most special baseball season ever for Rick Hill and his son Brett, Grayslake North's head baseball coach. For the first time, Rick was going to be an assistant coach for his son at the varsity level.
Cubs | Quintana will miss start of season after freak injuryCubs pitcher José Quintana will be sidelined for the start of the season with a left thumb injury.
Editorial | Editorial: The return of baseball amidst a pandemicIn this editorial, the Daily Herald asks how are weary fans threatened by COVID-19 supposed to feel about the resumption of baseball?
News | 100-year-old Lake in the Hills golfer still driving for low scoresJohn Pianowski is 100 years old, lives in Lake in the Hills, plays golf at Pinecrest Golf Club and RedTail Golf Club in the area, still drives himself, enjoys a martini each night and trades on the stock market.
NFL | AP Source: NFL cutting preseason in half, pushing back startThe NFL will cut its preseason in half and push back the start of exhibition play so teams have more time to train following an all virtual offseason made necessary by the coronavirus pandemic, a person with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press.
NBA | Asterisk on the NBA title? Coaches, players say not a chanceDon't even think of putting an asterisk on this year's NBA champion
MLB | MVP plaque presenters to discuss Landis' name on MLB trophyThe baseball organization that presents the annual MVP awards will consider whether the name of former commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis should be pulled from future plaques
NBA | Despite virus cases, Nets say no thought to skipping restartThe Brooklyn Nets don't look ready for a restart, but general manager Sean Marks says there was no discussion of the team not traveling to Florida for the resumption of the NBA season
- Prep FootballThe group providing key advice in IHSA's effort to bring back sports
- Prep SportsHersey's Methner wins Gatorade award
- Girls' BasketballHampshire's Bannerman chooses Davidson
- Prep SportsIs it a good thing summer games have been lost?
- Prep SportsMontini names new basketball, wrestling coaches
- Prep FootballIHSA has eyes on Phase 2 to return to play. What progress have other states made?
- Prep SportsQuestions abound, but IHSA optimistic about return of sports
- IndianaFamily: Hoffman soccer star Ken Snow believed he had lingering COVID-19 but didn't get tested
- ElginUpstate Eight adds hate speech protocol
- Prep FootballPending IDPH approval, IHSA rolls out Stage 2 Return to Play plan
- Prep SportsHoffman Estates soccer legend Ken Snow dies
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Kevin and Orrin
- Prep SportsIHSA releases Stage 1 guidelines for resuming high school sports
- Prep SportsNFHS issues reopening guidelines
- Prep SportsFather and son reunite again -- at Grayslake North
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more