Cubs | 3 reasons the White Sox are off to a great start
Matt Baron: There are three primary reasons the White Sox are off to such a great start.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Bears kick off rookie minicamp with first look at QB Justin FieldsHow did touted Bears draft pick Justin Fields look on Day 1 of rookie minicamp? Well this is May football. But still, it was the first glimpse anyone has had of Fields on a football field as a pro. "It's really going to be about mental reps this weekend," Bears head coach Matt Nagy said.
White Sox | Sox's Abreu OK after 'extremely scary' collisionWhite Sox first baseman Jose Abreu had to leave Game 1 of Friday's doubleheader with a facial contusion and laceration and bruised knee after colliding with the Royals' Hunter Dozier. Abreu is sore, but he hopes to play Saturday.
Cubs | Cubs activate Arrieta, Hoerner ahead of Friday's gameBefore Friday's game in Detroit, the Cubs activated pitcher Jake Arrieta, second baseman Nico Hoerner and pitcher Dan Winkler. Arrieta missed one start with a cut on his right thumb.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Vegas-wise Brent Musburger isn't bullish on the 2021 BearsBrent Musburger is thinking it could be a sub-.500 season for the Bears.
White Sox | Versatile Lopez just looking to help RoyalsNaperville Central High School product Nicky Lopez was a Gold Gove caliber second baseman for the Royals last season. This year, he's been playing shortstop for Kansas City.
Cubs | Crowds at Wrigley will increase, but Cubs not an 85% teamCubs manager David Ross is very happy that fan capacity at Wrigley Field will increase later this month, but he confirmed the Cubs have not reached the 85% vaccinated level that would loosen pandemic protocols.
Cubs | Cubs' Bryant doing fine after illness, hit by pitchKris Bryant was back in the lineup Friday after missing a satrt due to an illness, then getting hit by a pitch on the hand during a pinch-hitting role against Cleveland on Wednesday.
Prep Sports | IHSA: Boys volleyball, boys lacrosse will now have a full state tournament seriesThe Illinois High School Association board of directors voted virtually on Wednesday to conduct full postseason state series tournaments in boys lacrosse and boys volleyball.
- 8:13 PMBaseball: Anderson's walk-off hit pushes Geneva past Batavia
- 6:57 PMAbreu, Dozier collide, Royals snap 11-game skid, beat Chisox
- 6:47 PMSounders GK Stefan Frei out 4-6 weeks with knee injury
- 6:41 PMFrom a distance, Bears' Nagy gets 1st look at rookie Fields
- 6:38 PM49ers rookie QB Trey Lance ready for work at rookie camp
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics: Buffalo Grove's Valek takes 3rd in state all-around
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Big things happening for Willowbrook tennis
- Prep FootballAntioch's Kaliakmanis picks up Gatorade award
- Girls' BasketballMaine West grad Dugalic transferring from Oregon to UCLA
- Prep SportsSoftball: Hard work during pandemic has Wauconda hitting dingers
- Prep SportsBaseball: Scolan, Downers South off to record-breaking start
- Prep SportsBaseball: Anderson's walk-off hit pushes Geneva past Batavia
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Schaumburg pulls out thriller over Conant
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Buffalo Grove dumps Rolling Meadows in OT
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Cary-Grove still unbeaten after downing Jacobs
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Stevenson upends Libertyville in NSC showdown
- Prep SportsCarmel Catholic tabs Brill to be new AD
- Prep SportsSoftball: Larkin's offensive surge continues with big win over Elgin
- Prep SportsIHSA: Boys volleyball, boys lacrosse will now have a full state tournament series
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Kaneland blanks Sycamore, stays perfect in conference
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more