Cubs | Joe Maddon returns to Los Angeles Angels as new manager
Joe Maddon has agreed to become the Los Angeles Angels' manager.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Rozner: Getting physical is good for the BlackhawksThe Blackhawks have outhit the opposition in four straight games for the first time since 2009. Do not fret. This doesn't mark the end of civilization.
Bulls | Once a franchise footnote, Rogers returns to join Bulls coaching staffBulls assistant coach Roy Rogers has a unique and brief history with the team as a player. He's also coming from one of the most successful NBA team over the past few years.
Bears | Bears put Hicks on injured reserve, but 'he'll be a voice in the classroom'The Bears began life indefinitely without Akiem Hicks on Tuesday, sending the Pro Bowl defensive end to injured reserve with a dislocated left elbow and promoting undrafted rookie OL Alex Bars from the practice squad to the active roster.
Bulls | Durant sends message about shot selection to Bulls' LaVineKevin Durant told Bulls guard Zach LaVine, via Twitter, to go ahead and shoot mid-range shots. This was in response to a story over the weekend where LaVine lamented the Bulls' emphasis on drives and 3-pointers
Pro Sports | Nationals head to World Series with sweep of CardinalsExtending their stunning turnaround, the wild-card Nationals got RBIs from Anthony Rendon and Juan Soto in a breakout first inning.
Pro Sports | Cole dominates again, Astros take 2-1 lead in ALCSGerrit Cole held the New York Yankees scoreless without his sharpest stuff and the Astros locked down a 4-1 victory Tuesday.
Business | Barrington Hills businessman's bid for racino thwartedA Barrington Hills gambling magnate's bid to open a combined horse racing track and casino in the Southwest suburbs was thwarted Tuesday after Gov. J.B. Pritzker halted a plan to sell state land for the development.
NBA | Column: Clumsy words tarnish the LeBron brandColumn: A messy response from LeBron to the mess the NBA faces in China
NBA | Anthony Davis' MRI reveals only thumb sprain, Lakers sayLos Angeles Lakers big man Anthony Davis is day-to-day with a sprained right thumb
NHL | Teenage rookies Hughes, Kakko struggling early in seasonJack Hughes and Kaapo Kakko, the top two picks in this year's NHL draft, have struggled to generate offense in opening games of season
- 2:32 PMWhy two Schaumburg trustees voted against ballpark deal
- 2:12 PMChiefs missing Watkins, 4 other starters for game in Denver
- 2:09 PMLA Rams put starting safety John Johnson on injured reserve
- 2:07 PMBears hope to have Trubisky return from shoulder injury
- 2:06 PMWoeful Mariners now only team never to reach World Series
- Prep SportsDowners Grove North honors memory of volleyball player struck, killed by car
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep FootballAP Top Ten
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Crystal Lake Central hands Huntley 1st FVC loss
- Prep FootballWill anti-districts forces prevail in IHSA football plan?
- Prep FootballHersey's Hansen will remain a Huskie -- at NIU
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Scouting the MSL Cup / Wheeling vs. Fremd
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Lakes stays hot, beats Antioch again
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Fremd downs Schaumburg to claim 4th straight MSL West title
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Benet, St. Patrick remain even
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Jacobs tops Crystal Lake South for FVC title
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Bartlett beats South Elgin to tighten UEC race
- Prep SportsPalatine's Campe will take volleyball talents to Virginia Tech
- Prep FootballSt. Francis' Ryan hanging up her skates
- Prep SportsCantrell teams with St. Charles Park District to help autistic children