Cubs | Rizzo, Chicago Cubs kick off homestand in a big way
Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon opened another of his American Legion Weeks Tuesday. That means a later arrival at the ballpark for the players and less pregame work. It paid off Tuesday night with a 5-3 victory over the San Francisco Giants at Wrigley Field.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Chicago Bears' Long apologizes for actions, vows to 'be better'Chicago Bears veteran offensive lineman Kyle Long wants everybody to know that he truly regrets his actions in an altercation with a teammates last week.
White Sox | Twins' offense too much for Lopez, Chicago White SoxNelson Cruz and the Minnesota Twins piled up the runs on the Chicago White Sox in 14-4 rout Tuesday night in Minneapolis.
Bears | Vital piece of Bears O-line Whitehair returns to practiceBears Pro Bowl alternate center-turned-left guard Cody Whitehair returned to practice Tuesday, six days after suffering a finger injury on his left hand. "Obviously, Cody is an important player for us," GM Ryan Pace said last month. "When we talk about our culture and we talk about unselfish and great teammates, Cody embodies all those things. But you guys know as we get into these extensions, they remain internal. But Cody's an important part of this."
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Maddon says recent demotions to Iowa not easyThe recent demotions of Albert Almora and David Bote by the Chicago Cubs were not easy, according to manager Joe Maddon.
College Sports | NIU quarterbacks ready for big changes to the offenseNorthern Illinois has a new offensive coordinator, a transfer quarterback and open competition at all positons. So Marcus Childers, the returning starter at QB, has to earn the job this fall.
Bears | Bears still have three big questions to answer in addition to kicking situationBeyond the obvious issues like young players needing to mature and improve, whether everyone is as healthy as possible for the marathon NFL season and Chuck Pagano getting fully settled in Vic Fangio's old office, there are at least three very serious the Bears need to answer before the regular season begins
White Sox | Moncada hopes to be back with Chicago White Sox on ThursdayOut with a hamstring injury since Aug. 1, Chicago White Sox third baseman Yoan Moncada is still on a rehab assignment with Class AAA Charlotte. The Sox are hoping Moncada is back in the lineup Thursday night against the Rangers.
Bears | Who could end up being the Bears kicker if Eddy Pineiro isn't the answer?Of course we'd all like the next Justin Tucker or Stephen Gostkowski, but the odds strongly suggest that the Bears' long-sought and agonizingly evasive solution to their kicker conundrum will be someone who's been in more than one NFL camp.
MLB | Home run robbers get praise - and swag for spectacular playsThieves: Baseball's elite outfielders get praise - and swag from pitchers for making spectacular plays to rob home runs.
Columns | When it comes to great fishermen, confidence is the major factoreMike Jackson said fishing legend Spence Petros is the real deal.
- 11:24 PMCallaway beats former boss as surging Mets top Indians 9-2
- 11:16 PMMets open crucial homestand with 9-2 win over Indians
- 10:17 PMCruz, Twins cruise to 14-4 win over White Sox
- 10:16 PMRizzo homers twice as Cubs beat Giants 5-3
- 10:06 PMBoys and girls golf: Benet, Naperville North beat the weather, field
- Prep SportsBoys and girls golf: Benet, Naperville North beat the weather, field
- Boys' BasketballSchaumburg's Hodges commits to Wisconsin
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Vasudeva, Vernon Hills look to carry on winning tradition
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Consistency keys Stevenson's success
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Changes aplenty in Mid-Suburban League
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Barrington will try to maintain recent success
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Waubonsie Valley's Troy looks to take final step
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Naperville North yearns for new glory
- Prep FootballWarren has no plans to slow down this season
- Prep FootballFrom the beach to the gridiron, go-time is here
- Girls' BasketballO'Donnell: 'State' high -- Melissa Isaacson's new book bounding toward national radar
- Prep SportsCook scoreboard for Thursday, August 15