Columns | O'Donnell: Michael Jordan to Eloy Jimenez -- tales behind two mammoth arrivals
Jim O'Donnell looks back 35 years and the beginning of the Michael Jordan era in Chicago.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Rozner: Cubs-White Sox rivalry? Not reallyWith one team rebuilding and the other trying to return to the World Series, it's hard to call the Cubs and White Sox a rivalry.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Chatwood 'excited for opportunity' to startTyler Chatwood gets another opportunity to start for the Chicago Cubs when he faces the New York Mets Thursday night.
Bulls | Chicago Bulls have options in draft, but no room for errorThe Chicago Bulls will have plenty of options in Thursday's NBA draft. But whether they stand pat or make a trade, the ultimate goal is always to not screw it up.
White Sox | Chicago White Sox have another rotation opening; Cease not expected to fill itFor the second time this season, Chicago White Sox left-hander Manny Banuelos is on the injured list with shoulder inflammation. The Sox are going to need a replacement starter, but it's not going to be Class AAA Charlotte prospect Dylan Cease.
White Sox | White Sox are MLB's first team to announce protective netting extensionAt some point "later this summer" the Chicago White Sox are going to have extended protective netting that runs from foul pole to foul pole at Guaranteed Rate Field.
White Sox | Collins joins Chicago White Sox from Class AAA CharlotteThe Chicago White Sox purchased Zack Collins' contract from Class AAA Charlotte Tuesday. The top catching prospect and No. 10 overall pick in the 2016 draft was in uniform, but Collins will likely have to wait until the weekebnd to make his first start.
College Sports | Vandersloot scores 24 points, Sky beat Liberty 91-83Courtney Vandersloot had 25 points, eight rebounds and six assists to help the Chicago Sky beat the New York Liberty 91-83
White Sox | Sox, not Cubs, let Jimenez achieve his Wrigley dreamEloy Jimenez realized a dream by playing at Wrigley Field Tuesday night. Originally signed by the Chicago Cubs, Jimenez lifted the Chicago White Sox to a 3-1 win with a 2-run homer in the ninth inning.
Pro Sports | Golf tip: The essentials to consistent ball strikingThere are three keys to a consistent, repeatable golf swing, says Chuck Lynch of White Pines Golf Course and Golf Dome.
Bulls | Toronto's title shows how Bulls can make a bold move that works in the NBAToronto's championship helped show the Bulls a possible path to become Finals contenders. A bold move, like trading for Kawhi Leonard, paid huge dividends.
- 9:30 PMZion's time: Williamson the center of attention at NBA draft
- 9:22 PMThe Latest: Tampa Bay's Nikita Kucherov wins Hart Trophy
- 8:56 PMJets' Douglas fills out staff with Hogan, Savage, Alexander
- 8:49 PMWorld Cup final referee Pitana set to join politics
- 8:19 PMAfter lottery setback, Hawks look to add to young core
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
- Prep SportsBaseball / Final Top 20
- Prep SportsImages: Huntley vs. St. Charles East, Class 4A State Championship in Softball
- Prep SportsImages: St. Francis vs. Sycamore, Class 3A State Championship in Softball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more