White Sox | Yes! Hawk Harrelson heading to Hall of Fame
Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, the Chicago White Sox's colorful TV broadcaster for 33 years, is going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in July. On Wednesday, the 78-year-old Harrelson was selected as the 2020 recipient of the Ford C. Frick Award.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Rozner: Above all else, Harrelson offered White Sox fans entertainmentAt a time when so little differentiates most baseball broadcasters, one of the great personalities of all time will get his due as Hawk Harrelson finally reaches the Hall of Fame.
White Sox | Done deal: Mazara is Chicago White Sox's new right fielderEarly Wednesday morning, the Chicago White Sox announced they had acquired 24-year-old right fielder Nomar Mazara in a trade with the Texas Rangers. Minor-league outfielder Steele Walker goes to Texas in the deal.
Blackhawks | De Haan's absence on Hawks' defense another tough void to fillAfter the Blackhawks' Calvin de Haan suffered a shoulder injury in Las Vegas, he flew back to Chicago for further evaluation. If he's lost for a considerable amount of time, it puts immense pressure on a blue line that is already without Duncan Keith.
Bulls | Parker advocates an NBA team with all Chicago guysSouth Side native Jabari Parker, who had a brief run with the Bulls last season, talked about why more Chicago guys aren't clamoring to play for the Bulls.
Blackhawks | Gilbert will make sure there's a price to pay for opponents taking liberties with best playersChicago Blackhawks defenseman Dennis Gilbert wants to be known as a hockey player, but if opponents take liberties with the best players, Gilbert is stepping in. He's not going to hesitate. And they are going to pay a price.
Columns | O'Donnell: Costas, Halberstam have their say on Harrelson as Frick winnerJim O'Donnell says the stars have aligned to welcome Hawk into Hall of Fame.
Prep Sports | Images: Great competition in our best high school sports images of the weekSee the best high school sports images from the staff of the Daily Herald this past week. Photographers covered wrestling and basketball.
News | Bears' Amukamara takes new kind of 'Polar Plunge' for Make-A-WishChicago Bears cornerback Prince Amukamara made a special appearance Tuesday at Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee to launch the resort's annual Snowland celebration and help make wishes come true for seriously ill kids.
College Sports | Ohio State leads the pack in AP All-Big Ten top honorsHeisman Trophy finalists Justin Fields and Chase Young head an Associated Press All-Big Ten football team dominated by players from conference champion Ohio State
- 6:43 AMBournemouth in free fall as fairy-tale journey hits problems
- 6:36 AMFormer soccer players convicted of sexual assault in Spain
- 3:38 AMTop running teams are winning more than top passing teams
- 3:31 AMCousin showdown: Ryan, McGlinchey meet for 1st time in NFL
- 3:12 AMGraham leads Charlotte against Chicago after 40-point showing
- Boys' BasketballDefense keys Glenbard West win against WW South
- Girls' BasketballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South outlasts WW South in second OT
- Girls' BasketballCatching up on all the hall of famers
- Boys' BasketballExperience pays off for Linke, St. Charles North
- Girls' BasketballBartlett's Sinclair picks up MVP honor
- Boys' BasketballGlenbard East's Hall Daily Herald MVP
- Girls' BasketballDrozdz, Stanke lead Wheeling past Maine East
- Girls' BasketballMaine West's Dugalic shows her class with tweet
- Girls' BasketballHampshire battles past improving Jacobs
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central notches 1st FVC win
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Wednesday, Dec. 11
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Wednesday, Dec. 11
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Wednesday, Dec. 11
- Boys' BasketballJakubicek's last-second dunk stuns Crystal Lake South