Wednesday, May 31, 2023
White Sox | Sox's Moncada doing his best to change injury-prone image
Even though he's still dealing with a disc issue in his lower back, White Sox third baseman Yoan Moncada played his 16th straight game on Wednesday.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Blackhawks | Bulls | Cubs | White Sox
Cubs | With Hendricks on mound, Cubs get best of Rays' aceKyle Hendricks' completed 5 innings with just 1 run allowed in his second start.
Cubs | Alzolay embracing bullpen role for CubsAdbert Alzolay was impressive during a two-inning save against Tampa Bay on Tuesday. He talked about why he's enjoying a new role in the bullpen after starting 21 games in 2021.
White Sox | Gonzalez homers in third straight game as Sox top AngelsRomy Gonzalez had another big night at the plate and Andrew Vaughn came through with a 3-run double Tuesday, sparking the White Sox to a 7-3 win over the Angels at Guaranteed rate Field.
White Sox | After long road back to White Sox, Hendriks focused on becoming elite closer againLiam Hendriks was understandably rusty in his return to the mound Monday night after his battle with Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. But as the White Sox's closer gets settled back in, he aims to return to his all-star form.
Bulls | McGraw: NBA Finals matchup is a quest for first ring between Butler, JokicThe NBA Finals opponents play somewhat similar styles, but took very different paths to get to this point.
Prep Sports | Girls soccer: Barrington's offensive onslaught too much for St. Charles North in supersectional; Libertyville also state boundIt's rare that two finely tuned state powers will produce a night of blockbuster goal scoring as did Barrington and St. Charles North would supply Tuesday night in a Class 3A supersectional final at Barrington Community Stadium.
Sky | Missed shots, turnovers sink Sky in AtlantaThe Dream led 40-25 at halftime after Chicago shot just 28% and turned it over eight times. The Sky finished the game 25 for 77 (33%) with 15 turnovers.
Cubs | Pitcher-catcher combinations making a difference for CubsDuring Marcus Stroman's last two starts -- a 1-hitter against Tampa and victory over the Mets -- Tucker Barnhart was his catcher.
Cubs | Cubs recall Wesneski to help struggling bullpenBefore Tuesday's game against Tampa Bay, the Cubs recalled pitcher Hayden Wesneski and plan to use him to help a struggling bullpen. Reliever Michael Rucker was sent to Iowa, though he was at the ballpark before the game.
Prep Sports | Boys volleyball: Barrington rallies to beat Hononegah, earn trip to stateAfter losing to No. 2-seeded Rockton Hononegah 25-18 in the first set of the Grant sectional championship game, the top-seeded Barrington boys volleyball team needed to regroup in a hurry Tuesday night.
Prep Sports | Boys volleyball: Lyons keeps grinding, sweeps Downers Grove North to win sectional titleSenior outside hitter Sam Levinson can pinpoint the moment Lyons Township improved from being a good team into a great one.
- 4:26 PMAntisemitic remarks shouted at St. Viator-Deerfield playoff soccer game
- 2:29 PMArlington Park's property tax bill reduced by more than half
- 1:12 PM'It really hasn't set in yet': Glenbrook South senior on winning state title in 300-meter hurdles
- 12:46 PMJohn Cerasani left a secure, well-paid job. Now he's bending elbows with the rich and famous
- 10:45 AMBoys volleyball: Glenbrook South beats Glenbrook North to earn first state trip in a decade
Recommended for You
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Barrington's offensive onslaught too much for St. Charles North in supersectional; Libertyville also state bound
- Prep SportsBreaking down key postseason matchups in a busy week for high school sports
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Fremd's Spurck follows mom's footsteps, wins state title
- Prep SportsSoftball: Antioch continues dominating postseason run
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: Lakes' Migas wins second straight state pole vault title
- Prep SportsMichelini steps up to win state shot put championship; Neuqua Valley places second in team standings
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Barrington, Hononegah advance at Grant sectional
- Prep SportsBaseball: Barrington gets payback, beats Mundelein for regional title
- Prep SportsBaseball: Burlington Central starts fast, blows out Sterling for regional title
- Prep SportsBaseball: Dorchies' gem leads Cary-Grove past Prairie Ridge to regional title
- Prep SportsBaseball: Hersey wins first regional title since 2004
- Prep SportsBaseball: Big fourth inning sends St. Charles East past Schaumburg for regional crown
- Prep SportsBaseball: Bohr's RBI triple fuels Batavia rally against No. 2 St. Charles North
- Prep SportsHinsdale Central wins 27th state title; Benet duo wins Class 1A doubles championship
- Prep SportsIC Catholic celebrates fourth-place finish in Class 1A